Cover image for Esurance

Part of Allstate
Is this your company?

Esurance

Add a Review

Esurance Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Sep 9, 2021

Found 50 of over 741 reviews

3.7
Esurance President Jonathan Adkisson
Jonathan Adkisson

What people are saying about Esurance

Join the conversation on

Advertising

1y

a

Copywriter

First time car owners, who do you get your car insurance through? Anybody who works on an insurance brand have a tip? Esurance?

14 Comments

Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Esurance? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Esurance employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "HR Generalists are great people to work with and are truly employee driven.(in 59 reviews)
  • "benefits are good(in 49 reviews)
  • "The pay is decent but that is about it.(in 43 reviews)
  • "good work/life balance(in 32 reviews)
  • "Culture is great and they are always looking to improve upon it.(in 28 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Esurance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

For a sales job not where u want to be

Jun 30, 2017 - Sales in Sioux Falls, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere in the office had some great managers that taught great selling skills. Work from home is also a benefit to agents

Cons

When I started 3 years ago top selling agents were making $5000 to $7000 a month in bonus then a new compensation plan comes out still top agents could earn $3000 and above now with being profitable which means laying people off and cutting sales agents bonuses now top agents for the most part will make $1200 to $2000 a month with a few exceptions from maybe 3 or 4 agents who may make more. We did get more money in our base pay but it doesn't add up to the lost money in bonus payout. A lot of agents are leaving but I think this was the plan all along to have agents quit without Esurance laying more people off. In just 3 years this company went from the best place to work to now looking for a new job.

5 people found this review helpful

Branch Sales Manager

Thank you for your feedback. The associate experience is one of our key priorities and creating a great atmosphere is very important to us. We also take great pride in our work at home program and consistently receive feedback on how much associates enjoy the ability to work from home. We are always looking to continue to improve on the associate experience and appreciate the feedback. Incentive is something we take very seriously and we are always keeping a close eye to ensure that we are compensating fairly, aligning our incentive plan with our key priorities which include delivering a great customer experience and driving profitable growth. Increasing the base pay for associates while still maintaining a monthly incentive that provides strong upside for associates who live into those priorities has created a healthy balance. We are committed to ensuring our associates are compensated fairly and competitively for the great work that they do.

2. 4.0

Field Appraiser

May 10, 2018 - Appraiser in Greenville, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Work/life balance -Management will always back you up -Work from home

Cons

Sometimes places goals that are not always reachable

Esurance Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We're glad to hear that you enjoy being one of our inspired associates!

3. Join the Esurance team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Wonderful place to work

Feb 20, 2014 - Claims Adjuster in Brandon, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You dont have to use PTO for anything under 3 hours. Flexible work sched. All of the leadership are kind, caring and professional.

Cons

commute, located in Brandon FL however well worth it. Love it here. Not enough work from home opportunity

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

We appreciate our employees, I think not!

Sep 9, 2021 - Licensed Customer Service Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can work from home and they pay to help you get and maintain your license. Their short term disability benefit is a good benefit.

Cons

They are more concerned about how long you're on a call than whether your customer was fully taken care of. They also don't have holiday pay in the traditional sense. You get what they call deviated holidays. You get a number of paid days off to be used in place of the federal holidays whenever you want but there has to be time available. In my opinion that is just a way to not have to pay time and a half if you have to work a holiday. The management also claims they care about their employees and sends lame gifts to try to make up for the last year and a half of hell their choices caused for the front line employees. They will terminate employment for someone who is knowledgeable, dependable, thorough, and does their job just because average handle time is more than 950 seconds.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

This company and people are amazing!

Jan 8, 2020 - Customer Service Associate in Sioux Falls, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best reasons to work for Esurance is that I'm able to work from home. They also make it super easy to move if need be.

Cons

No downsides that I can see.

Customer Service Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoy the benefits from working at home. Work/Life balance is an important part of our culture and our success.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing company, great office atmosphere

Jul 18, 2014 - Marketing Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, always willing to collaborate and get the job done. Intelligent people, very approachable and willing to finish challenging projects no matter what. Benefits and vacation time are decent for the Bay Area company.

Cons

Work from home policies can be a little more flexible (currently up to one day per week). As the company is growing some things tend to take more time.

8. 2.0

Average to Slightly Below Average Experience

Aug 18, 2016 - Licensed Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work From Home option is good Good coworkers for the most part

Cons

Not flexible Understaffed in Call Center No Doctors Notes Management is not empathetic Work life balance

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Definitely has it's issues but hopefully heading in the right direction

May 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance work from home (depts that support it) the people

Cons

executives changes their minds and implement new initiatives regularly - "what the flavor this week?" some managers shouldn't be managers resources are being reduced but expect the same output

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Injury adjuster

May 11, 2018 - Injury Adjuster in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been a full time employee for over 5 years and have never been so happy with where I work. The culture they have created here centers on open and honest communication. With a strong emphasis on diversity, inclusion and acceptance makes this office a very loving place to be. I’ve had the unfortunate experience of going through two major health situations while employed here. Esurance and their commitment to work life balance exceeded all expectations. The HR department contacted my wife and took her through step by step on everything that needed to be done and filed out. My pay was never delayed and my family was taken care of. The ability to work from home when needed is a benefit that you can’t put a price on. No more PTO days for home repairs and that type of stuff. Any time off under 3 hours you don’t have to use PTO. You are allowed to make it up that week. Esurance also puts a lot of work into the staffing model. Standard day-to-day work load is very manageable and in no way overwhelming. Truly an outstanding place to work.

Cons

No cons that i can think of.

Esurance Response

Thank you for sharing your experiences as an Esurance associate and we're so glad to hear that you and your family were well cared for during your health challenges. We hope you've mended well and are back here with your Esurance family, caring for our customers with your teammates.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place for Long Term Employment

Jun 19, 2018 - Learning and Development Professional in Sioux Falls, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly co-workers with a comfortable & safe environment make this an easy place to go to work at everyday. I have been given the flexibility to occasionally work from home when I need to. We have such an accepting and diverse culture that I feel right at home at.

Cons

When an occasional new manager is hired from external instead of being promoted from within, it may take them a while to get used to the culture here. Also, because our roots are in our home office of San Francisco, the accepting and diverse culture is something the "haters" may not be used to and would feel uncomfortable with, even though we are being accepting and welcoming.

Esurance Response

Esurance is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and can thrive personally and professionally. We're glad you enjoy working here and feel at home. We think it's a pretty great place to be, too! Thank you for your review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Reviews