EtQ Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Robert Gremley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work life balance, opportunity for growth" (in 5 reviews)

• "Comfortable working environment and nice staff" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "need a company to grow with and to make sure I will add value" (in 2 reviews)

• "High turn over for skilled employees have a great impact especially for a company that is product based" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at EtQ full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Professional and dynamic environment. New leadership is creating exciting opportunities in Sales, Services and R&D. There is a clear direction to be the market leader, and the investment needed to do it right.

Cons

Recent organizational changes made to support the new company direction are impacting some areas of the business more than others.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring top talent.

2. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at EtQ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot and at a minimal pace, no extreme pressure

Cons

Nothing as of now, but never know

Advice to Management

N/a

3. "Exciting software company in growth mode"

I have been working at EtQ full-time

Pros

Solid solution with deep functionality
    Focus on new SaaS offerings, Training as a Service and state-of-the-art UI
    Very happy customer base
    International company with opportunities worldwide
    New ownership focusing on growth and expansion - become #1
    New CEO and executive leadership team members bringing experience in from the outside
    Helpful and friendly company culture
    New offices being built in Boston

Cons

Company in transition, so a lot of moving parts
    New owners (private equity firm) is putting more pressure on the organization to meet growth and profitability targets
    HQ moving from Long Island to Boston is causing (expected) transition challenges

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and over-communicate during the transition phase.

4. "Stay Away"

I worked at EtQ full-time

Pros

There are no more anymore

Cons

The company no longer cares about its employees, only paying off investors. EtQ used to be a great place to work before being sold off to an investment company. We were spoon fed lies to keep everyone working while behind the scenes we were all being "evaluated" as to whether we were going to be able to keep our jobs. The CEO is moving the company to Boston (where he lives) and now 90% of the NY office has to find new jobs. This company is new longer invested in the employees who built the company, only money. If you are considering employment at EtQ just know that you are completely expendable.

5. "Don't Work Here"

I have been working at EtQ full-time

Pros

The people that work there are very dedicated

Cons

Management only cares about money and does not care anything about the employees

Advice to Management

Really horrible place to work after the merger

6. "Poor opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

I worked at EtQ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was great until sale of company last summer.

Cons

Management does not know/will not discuss the future of the company. New CEO said he didn’t know what would happen to the NY office, then a month later said it was shutting down. New office in Boston will not have existing employees, only poor people who get sucked into cleaning up the existing mess NY will inevitably leave behind. Shameful. Excellent culture turned poor company wide once sale of company and office closure/layoffs announced.

Advice to Management

Sell the company again

7. "Started off great, Big changes with little information shared caused a lot of worry"

I worked at EtQ full-time

Pros

The people were the only reason leaving EtQ broke my heart.

Cons

Upper management has made big decisions and changes without keeping any of the employees informed. We were given few details and left waiting for months to find out the fate of our futures there.

It is frustrating for people with families and even the younger employees who have started straight out of college. I felt very misguided considering this was my first full time position. I have become much more weary of managers and upper management since working at EtQ.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect. Keep them informed of the decisions you are making so they aren't blindsided.

8. "Used to be a great, family oriented company but new owners have changed that"

I worked at EtQ full-time

Pros

Coworkers were like family

Cons

When the owners sold the company to TCV, we were told they did not want to be "disruptive". This was the first of the lies EtQ employees have been fed for the past year. Most of us knew from the beginning what to expect, but seeing it play out that way was still a shock. We started seeing job listings for a Boston office on the EtQ website. Evidently enough people noticed to warrant a Town Hall in which we were told that we are opening a Boston office, but they don't know what that means for the NY office. That was (obvious) lie #2. It was clear during this meeting when no one was assured that the NY office would remain open, that this meeting was to prolong the inevitable news, maybe by encouraging the people they needed (in the meantime) to stay on. Fast forward to 2 months later and we get called into another town hall. This time the new CEO is there in person and delivers the news that the NY office is closing and the majority of employees would be losing their jobs by December. Textbook acquisition. I imagine it was hard for him to deliver this news and he did not know most of us personally and perhaps that's why it seemed so impersonal. The new owners are the ones pulling the strings and once they've gotten what they can out of EtQ they'll sell again to the highest bidder. It's disheartening to see this happening to what was once a great company, with great people who cared about the product and its customers. Unfortunately for the new owners that type of loyalty can't be bought.

Advice to Management

Be honest about your plans...most of us already know what's coming, and would appreciate the respect to be given the news straight forward.

9. "Growth Oriented Company"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at EtQ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New leadership setting course for awesome growth. Product and customer base are outstanding.
    Good work/life balance
    Good people

Cons

A bit disruptive with recent changes, but understandable

Advice to Management

Continue open communication and direction meetings. So far its been great!!

10. "Implementation Consultant"

I have been working at EtQ full-time

Pros

Very supportive and friendly staff

Cons

Its a mid size company,the growth opportunities are limited.