Ethica Health & Retirement Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gray, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gray, GA

I have been working at Ethica Health & Retirement Communities full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for Ethica for 4 years now and it is a great company! The company stands by its mission, vision and values providing a friendly environment. Everyone you meet is kind, compassionate and ready to assist any way possible.

Cons

The insurance premiums are high but that is everywhere. It would be better if you did not have to wait a year prior to receiving PTO.

2. "Cna"

Current Employee - CNA in Cartersville, GA
    Current Employee - CNA in Cartersville, GA

I have been working at Ethica Health & Retirement Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CNAs give the best care we can.

Cons

CNAs are unpaid and under appreciated.

Advice to Management

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. If CNA’s are the backbone of the facility then make us feel appreciated.

3. "Discriminatory"

Former Employee - Administrator in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Administrator in Macon, GA

I worked at Ethica Health & Retirement Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good rate of pay & benefits.

Cons

Spend a lot of time congratulating themselves for their culture, but it's highly political. Nepotism. Discriminatory and nonsupportive toward administrators. Termed for disability discrimination.

Advice to Management

Don't promote people beyond their qualifications.

4. "F"

Pros

Great benefits, 401 k match, really clean facility, opportunities available to move up in position

Cons

Employees are rude and do not understand how teamwork works. Horrible attitudes and argumentative

Advice to Management

Be more around more and manage staff .?

5. "Wound care coordination"

Former Employee - Wound Care in Dalton, GA
    Former Employee - Wound Care in Dalton, GA

I worked at Ethica Health & Retirement Communities full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work . I was upset when I quit because I could not do the lifting as a CNA when on call. The company itself is terrific !!!

Cons

Often under staffed due to demands of job ! That's everywhere! Ethica always overcomes this! I would never have stayed 17 years if I had not loved my job! I just expected them to change a little for me because if the 17 years ! That didn't happen ! I could no longer do the lifting like I use to because I'm 52 ! I still love nursing and I still love ethica! GREAT COMPANY!

Advice to Management

Prepare to work hard! Prepare to be challenged! Prepare to love!

6. "Awful"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Ethica Health & Retirement Communities full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are no pros This is not a good place to work. I honestly can't find a good thing to say.

Cons

Management is awful. They create new policies on the fly and a week later change their mind. No communication between employees and Admin staff. Very cold non caring atmosphere. The pay is not good either. Always short staffed.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your employees.

7. "Great place"

Current Employee - Transportation Manager in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Transportation Manager in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Ethica Health & Retirement Communities full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for benefits are great. Pretty much like family everybody takes care of you!

Cons

Communication in between management.

Advice to Management

Better communication .

"Anonymous RN"

Current Employee - RN-BC
    Current Employee - RN-BC

Pros

Very Fair and Family oriented. While emphasis that is that the Patients/Loved Ones are "First", Ethica also embraces the commitment they have for the associates and the importance of family time, needs and relationships. Community Services has assisted a multitude of associates financially and emotionally during times of loss and need. Salaries and Benefits are very competitive and I would highly recommend this company. I have been a part of this company for over 20 years and the opportunities for advancement have exceeded expectations.

Cons

I have not had a negative experience during employment and have served in 4 area's of Medical Opportunities available and offered within this exceptional Company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Mission and Vision.

"Nurse at Ethica"

I worked at Ethica Health & Retirement Communities full-time

Pros

This is a great organization to work for. I was very thankful for the focus on "patients first" This organization is very supportive of its employees. The only reason I left the company was for a promotion.

Cons

While I do not think this is a true con, for some people it might be....if your values do not align with the Ethica values (ethical, teamwork, helpful, innovative, compassionate, and attitude), you will not be happy within this organization because they take their values very seriously.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on professional development of employees.

10. "Regional Nurse former DON"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ethica Health & Retirement Communities full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for Ethica for 8 years. This is the best company that I have ever worked for. They care about the patients and associates. They truly live the mission of the company.

Cons

They are not any cons that I can think of working for this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to put patients first.