Ethos Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Ethos Consulting Group President George Papalexandratos
George Papalexandratos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • This company is DOOR TO DOOR SALES (in 20 reviews)

• This is a door-to-door sales position, rain or snow you have to keep knocking on doors, full-time five to six days a week (in 12 reviews)

"Highly Recommend"

Former Employee - Account Leader in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Leader in Denver, CO

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The amount of support and help that George, Rick, Robyn and several of the other leaders in the office show is impeccable, they are there to help you get to the end. I know from working with all the employees they want the best for you. I left due to a medical procedure. They have great clientele! I recommend ethos 10/10! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Their Training program is to build sucessful people!

Cons

I don't see a downside to Ethos! I had an amazing experience with them!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys do! I definitely am very appreciative of you guys!

2. "Client Account Manager"

Former Employee - Client Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Client Account Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

Great culture, passionate staff, good career opportunity for true hustlers.

Cons

Very hard work, success = endless hustle

Advice to Management

Be more straightforward in the job description — it is door-to-door sales.

"Excellent training program!"

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group full-time

Pros

The hands on leadership and sales training is invaluable! The culture is very refreshing . I've never worked in a more positive and team-oriented environment. After a year at ethos I was able to take those skills to my new job and I am the number one top performer in my company now! Thanks to George for the opportunity!

Cons

You will get out of this Management in training program what you put into it. You will learn to work hard and you will learn communication skills that you never thought you could develop.

Advice to Management

I recommend getting a larger space soon because the company seems to be growing pretty quickly!

"Scammers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to dress up in the morning and play games.

Cons

They lie and waste your time in 3 different interviews, promising paid training and gas compensation. They say it's a marketing gig but you go around harassing people at their homes, they even encourage violating clear no soliticing signs or neighborhoods. You work 10+ hours a day while walking over 3 miles every single day. Also getting paid is an absolute hassle, I still haven't been paid for my work and I quit over a month ago.

Advice to Management

None go scam people somewhere else.

Ethos Consulting Group Response

Oct 4, 2017 – President

Would like to address your concerns.
    1. As a part of our hiring process, we invite each candidate selected for a second interview to spend an hour with one of our corporate trainers or managers to... More

"Excellent Experience!"

Pros

I worked at OLN full-time (Less than a year)
    Pros
    I enjoyed working for this company very much. Management is supportive and very hands on. Great team environment. Equips you with management training, sales ability, and entrepreneurial development. Fun team nights. Travel opportunities. Sets you up with the right mindset and determination to do well as a leader in the workforce. Team members here were very welcoming, enthusiastic, generous with their time, and willing to extend a helping hand for what ever it is you need. Working here taught me how dedication and effort go a very long way. Learning how to work with clients, their needs, and how to make them happy were skills I learned throughout my time here. Thanks for the awesome experience.

Cons

There were no downfalls to working at this company!

Advice to Management

Thank you for all your support and mentor-ship throughout the process. I'll be sure to carry all that I have learned with me to progress in whatever I do!

"Think Wolf of Wall Street except you don't make any money..."

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group full-time

Pros

You learn all about raw sales, and how you can leave details out to fool potential clients.

You get to wear a nice suit in the office, so you feel legit.

They offer "extra training," for those who are a bit more ambitious, which really means you should be at the office 2-3 hours before hitting the field aka more unpaid hours of work.

Hitting the field involves walking around door to door for about 8-9 hours, which is a pro because walking is good exercise.

Working Saturdays is optional, but really it's mandatory. Sort of a pro I guess?

You get to pay for your own travel to conferences, which is cool if you have never booked a flight, good experience.

At these conferences, you will learn all about how this is not "really" a pyramid scheme.

If you have a good day on the field, you get to run around in a circle like a maniac handing out high fives left and right while ringing a bell/hitting a gong, that's a pro because the sounds are pleasing.

You get to work for 100% commission, which is a pro because you learn to survive on very little money.

You do not receive any money for training, which is a pro because that money can now be used for other things like office supplies, George's fancy suits, and rent for the office space.

You are lied to during the interviews about what the position really is, compensation and the management training program. This is also a pro because being lied to helps you develop thick skin, which is necessary when hitting the field.

You will get a lot of time away from your home and family, this is a pro because you won't have to deal with the daily hassles of growing with your loved ones.

You get to write fake reviews on Glassdoor (reference other reviews) when management tells you to, due to low number of applicants or too many bad reviews. This is a pro because you get experience writing fiction, which you could one day use, if you choose to become an author/writer.

You get to play fun games during "warm-ups," which is probably the biggest pro about working at Ethos. Where else can you dress up in a suit and then play games with other adults in suits and get paid $0.00 to do so? It's priceless.

Cons

None, can't think of one.

Advice to Management

Do not reply to this review, it will go unseen.

Instead, invest your time in learning how to be honest and stop preying on young naive minds fresh out of college. I understand that it's a business and you have to make money, but there are other ways to reach your goals of opening more offices, more noble ways. I know from reading other reviews on here, exactly how "Management," will reply. Some condescending statement about not putting in enough time and effort and how you are sorry I feel this way and to reach out to you directly. I was a top performer for a while, built a team of 5 and was on my way to the end goal, which was owning an office. Somewhere along the way my morals kicked in and I had to part ways from the business. I wrote this in an effort to prevent others from being fooled.

"In less than one year, I've learned and grown more than I would have at traditional 9 to 5 jobs."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very hands on, goal oriented, and especially being surrounded by successful, like minded people help you learn and grow at an incredible rate ! Very exciting opportunity to be a part of.

Cons

Accelerated program so a lot of learning in a short amount of time.

"MBA For Entrepreneurship"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ethos Consulting Group has created an amazing work environment paired with a top notch training program. I started with the company without any marketing experience and have developed my bushiness skills.

Cons

Getting pushed out of my comfort zone was challenging at first however- it made me better individual and employee in the long run!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Ethos consulting"

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time

Pros

I have been working for over 1 year with ethos consulting. Great place to learn and develop as a business professional with a lot of help from people who have already succeeded. Goal oriented.

Cons

All promotions come from within so be willing to learn the necessary steps. anybody can do it with the proper training.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Open door policy is perfect and makes everybody feel extra comfortable

"Exceptional Sales Training"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ethos has been my favorite employer I've ever had because they truly care about the development of their people and offer real growth opportunities. I came on board thinking I would just learn sales and move on to a bigger corporation, but the amount of growth I've had in this company doesn't compare. I've had friends that have worked at their same company for 4 years and haven't received one promotion. I've been here for less than two years and have received several promotions that I've earned. Ethos's company culture is awesome because they are a merit based company. Meaning, I know if I work really hard, show up every day and do my job, I will advance.

I love how Ethos has broken down sales in an easy, not intimidating way, which can be coached and replicated. Fresh out of college two years ago, I knew I needed sales experience to do well in business, but was intimidated. This is NOT your standard "salesy" firm that pushes its products on people. We genuinely build relationships with our customers and want to get them the best deal.

I like that Ethos does offer a base salary plus partial commissions, but I also love that I can make 100% commission too. I've honestly never needed the base + option because the average rep here makes 2 to 3 sales a day and that ends up being more. I think when people hear the word commission they get scared. But I hear the word commission and get even more motivated because I know the harder I work, the more money I make. Making money here is not difficult if you honestly just apply the knowledge Ethos gives to you about sales. If you have any kind of work ethic you can have consistent pay checks.

Cons

If you honestly want to advance in this business, you have to put the time and effort in. I've seen individuals leave the business because they aren't interested in building relationships. Taking the time to do that requires extra working hours. It can run into your "personal life" time, but at the same time I've made some awesome friends here.

Advice to Management

Team outings are awesome! Keep that up. I loved having the opportunity to travel to New Orleans this year too for our National Conference. I honestly wish we could travel to other locations more often.

Ethos Consulting Group Response

Jul 3, 2017 – President

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback. Last, we are going to continue to offer opportunities for travel.