Ethos Consulting Group Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ethos Consulting Group President George Papalexandratos
George Papalexandratos

Pros
  • This is the best management training program I have ever been apart of and its going to be a great career path (in 4 reviews)

• I am motivated to come to work every morning (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It is door to door business sales (in 17 reviews)

• Takes time and hard work to become successful in any business (in 11 reviews)

"Best business to business sales position I've ever had! Amazing growth opportunity !"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing atmosphere and culture that was brought to the table! The amount of tools I have learned will help me progress in the company & my personal life. The opportunity for growth is unheard of! Definitely recommend for hungry, positive, entrepreneur mindset! The communication skills, mentoring skills that are given and learned ! The opportunity for growth and being performance based and not seniority based is what I loved the most!

Cons

It has a competitive atmosphere! But gives me even more of a reason the learn and do better in this company!

Advice to Management

Throw out more bonuses! I want more money and free suits!

Feb 9, 2017 – President

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings about Ethos!

"Decent"

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Fun environment, young coworkers. You can make friends easily and the opportunity is there

Cons

commission based pay. you have to do sales. surprise!

Advice to Management

Be fair to all your employees

"Great Company Values and Integrity"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been an employee of Ethos for five months now. Going into work is a daily pleasure, the culture and vibes projected within all fellow colleagues reminds me how lucky I am to be apart of such a great company. I have seen the opportunity and growth for myself and fellow colleagues and am passionate for this industry and am excited about my future with Ethos.

Cons

This business will not stand for individuals that are not hard working, dedicated and serious about their career. It is what makes us different than others. Who wouldn't want that in their career?

Feb 9, 2017 – President

Thank you for your review. I appreciate all your enthusiasm and dedication towards our company. Ethos is growing nationwide thanks to people,like you!

"Personal & Professional Development Culture"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership puts emphasis on personal and professional development and providing opportunities for team members to learn, grow and get out of their comfort zone.
    Lots of training available for people with limited experience. This is my first B2B Sales Job.
    Opportunity to for upward mobility tied to performance and merit. I received my first promotion after 4 weeks.
    Get to work with people who aren't just punching in and punching out but are passionate about what they do and engaged around achieving company and personal goals. I am motivated to come to work every morning.
    Representing TMobile! Which has a strong brand name and product.
    Not cold calling over the phone, stuck behind a cubicle.
    Fun culture and work environment!

Cons

Requires high level of commitment to be successful as you have to learn a lot of new skills.
    B2B sales require strong organizational and presentation skills.

Advice to Management

Keep making your people your top priority.

Feb 6, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback. You are right about all opportunities for development and growth that exist at Ethos. Our dedication to our people, in my opinion, is what sets us apart. That is the core ... More

"Working here is making my life miserable"

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time

Pros

They hire anyone so i guess that's a pro. If anyone is looking for a job work at Ethos we hire anyone who doesn't have common sense. Plus they actually ask us to write reviews so they can get good ratings and review. 90 percent of reviews that are about loving this job and saying this place is about hard work it isn't its a scam.

Cons

This is 100% sales , door to door for Century Link, they have knock on doors for people who already have this provider of course.But you come in early and you stay late and no work life balance

Advice to Management

Management is a joke especially the one who has been working in the front the longest.

Mar 13, 2017 – President

I am very sorry to hear that you feel this way. I'd like to address a few things: 1. If you are, indeed, a current employee - as your review states you are - and feel this way, please come in and ... More

"Love the Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Centennial, CO

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great community of people to work with! Most of the co-workers are still my friends and everybody has each others back and wants to help you succeed. Team nigh on Thursdays are great to loosen the tie and kick back and get to know the people around you. Not just some cubicle job where the most exciting thing happening is that the printer got new ink.... No, Ethos really makes everybody strive to be the best and accelerate within the company and that you can't find much of anywhere else.

Cons

It is sales, no sales experience needed and they do a great job teaching you how to turn "No's" into a "yes" but if you are not motivated, hard-working, or willing to grind it out and learn/work to be the best. You are wasting your time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, George Allie, Ashley and Shelbi are always there to help and answer questions that I had. Was great getting to see them in the office everyday and learn/ be mentored by the techniques they used to succeed. Keep up the good work

Feb 3, 2017 – President

Awesome! This is so nice to hear - We really appreciate the feedback. We know we push our team hard, and we do our best to help people become their best. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge ... More

"My Experience with Ethos and George"

Former Employee - Promoting Leader in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Promoting Leader in Denver, CO

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group (Less than a year)

Pros

I was looking at the reviews of a company that approached me on Linkedin and I decided while I’m here, I might as well write a review about Ethos. I worked there about 7-8 months 2 years ago right after I graduated college. It’s interesting to see the dichotomy between glowing and ranting/raving reviews. I’m not particularly surprised, I would rate my experience at Ethos as very mixed. I started shortly after Ally and Richard were promoted, saw Brandon and Brian get promoted, and in the year after I left Chris and Mike were promoted. I’m sure there’s been more movement. The opportunity to own your own sales office is there for those who are ready and willing to take it and GP is a valuable resource/mentor. The catch is, you have to really, really want it and be ready to dedicate your life to the grind; as well as reach out to GP for mentorship on a daily basis.
    I made over 1,000$ in a single week several times, but also would go stretches where I made next to nothing. I learned some basic sales skills and earned some valuable experience in the field knocking doors. Learning to overcome fears, instability, rejection, and ego were valuable lessons, as well as the realization that I wanted to leave the business before I invested too much time. I found Ethos to be a learning experience that did help jump start my career and helped me get where I am at. There’s a very high energy, positive energy here and the people who work here are very close and welcoming.

Cons

That being said, Ethos kinda kicked my butt. I don’t find it productive when people rant and rave about old jobs, but if you asked would I do it again; it would be exceptionally difficult for me to say yes.The field is an unrewarding grind and I understand why many people feel burned when they leave. Few people graduate from college expecting to be doing door to door sales, you have to humble yourself. It’s possible to work 50+ hours in 6 days and make almost nothing. I hated working Saturdays, and working 10+ hours and going home empty handed was rough.
    My first job in sales immediately after leaving Ethos paid me 3x what I was making previously, and the myth that it takes years and years to earn six figures in the “rat race” is bs. There’s a concerted effort to control the culture that can come across as culty. I’m not sure that’s a fair characterization, but that’s the perceptive reality for many.
    100% commission is very stressful and left me financially insecure. Every day I woke up knowing I had to work my butt off with no guarantee I would walk home with a cent. The people who struggle to learn sales can get steamrolled and find themselves in a deep hole.
    Experiences here are typically inconsistent because the way you are recruited, trained, and practice is largely framed by your leader; and what you do from there is dependent upon your own investment of time and energy. A good/bad leader will make or break the experience here. Many leaders are dishonest or obfuscate the opportunity itself during the recruiting process because they have a vested interest in you joining their team. The end result is some people really do get burned and feel resentful.
    I was pacing to make around $30k as one of the top performers, which in my opinion is not a viable income for someone with student debt, especially considering how much revenue I closed. Working Saturdays and weird late hours prevented me from getting a side job to mitigate how little I was making.
    Use your own judgement as a job seeker. Think about it before you take an offer from a “Consulting Group” just because it sounds cool. Ask yourself: “Do I want to own a 3rd party sales office, and am I seriously ready to do what it takes to get there?” I would not recommend Ethos, but that doesn’t mean it’s the wrong fit for everybody.

Advice to Management

Implement better systematic controls during the recruiting process to prevents unscrupulous practices in 2nd rounds. Leaders lie or mislead (especially quoting OTE earnings) = people start with misconceptions = people feel resentment and complain = Ethos brand name gets dragged through the mud. Someone once told me "people don't mind negatives but they hate surprises". There should never be any miscommunication about what new employees should expect to earn, or what people in the office are actually getting paid.

"Powerful personal and professional development program designed to bring individuals to realize their full potential."

Current Employee - Team Leader in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full mentorship and coaching program that allows individuals to develop themselves to reach their potential. Highly transferable set of skills and tools that will allow for success in any field or position.

Cons

Well, Success requires hard work and dedication. This job isn't hard, however it does require a strong work ethic and dedication.

Sep 23, 2016 – President

Thank you for the review! We appreciate it

"Sales Consultant"

Pros

All of the people are very nice and welcoming. Fun outings that they plan.

Cons

Not the job you expect. It is door to door sales. In the interview, they act like you will make all of this money when it is all compensation.

Feb 3, 2017 – President

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel about the company and for the kind words about our office, our people and culture. Here's the deal - as we say on the phones to candidates ... More

"Great company if you can handle it"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time

Pros

First of all, I will say that I don't typically give in to the reviews where people make up negative stuff about a company because they're typically just emotional and upset at that time that they're writing them.
    I haven been working at Ethos for a year now and I can honestly say that working here has provided me more knowledge, experience, personal confidence, friends, and life mentors than anywhere else I have worked.
    I am working on the TMOBILE B2B program. Walking in I had minimal sales and wireless experience. Ethos took the time to train me and develop my skills and mindset. Today I am one of the top B2B reps in the office and the nation. All the hard work I put in is paying off and I am about to get promoted to Management!
    Worth bringing up that I have had several weeks that I earned over $2000 in commissions and bonuses. People saying you cant make enough money working at Ethos are 100% lazy. Lets get this straight this isn't a JOB! Its a Management Training Program. If you are looking for a 9-5 $9-12 dollars an hour, dead end job send your resume to a temp agency or a big box retailer. If you are looking to get paid and promoted based on your work ethic and ability to learn you should apply at Ethos as its by far one of the best companies in Denver. Believe me I interviewed with over 10 companies and got offered several positions. I decided to take the Ethos offer over all of them and I am very glad I did.

Cons

No doubt, the hours can be long at times and it can be exhausting. The Manager Training Program is designed to prepare you for a long-term leadership role, not a 9-5 supervisor position. Leaders are supposed to put extra effort into their people, work more hours at a harder rate in order to be the best example, and go above and beyond. Thats the type of integrity and devotion that Ethos teaches to those that are willing to and wanting to learn business leadership.

Advice to Management

Ethos is growing and continue to, I have seen 5 promotions to management , which obviously means that what you are doing a lot of things right. I always appreciated the one on one coaching meetings and extra time you put into my career development and me as a person.

Aug 17, 2016 – President

WOW - what an awesome review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this. Amazing feedback.