Etsy Reviews

3.6
Etsy CEO Josh Silverman
Josh Silverman
Pros
Cons
  • "Some folks feel like they have great work life balance, others might not(in 8 reviews)

• "Sentiment amongst Etsy sellers can be demoralizing, but the company is listening to them and things are getting better(in 7 reviews)

1. "Pretty great"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Etsy full-time

Pros

Etsy's pretty great to work at

Cons

In brooklyn, can be interesting to commute to

2. "Ghosted by hiring manager"

1.0
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Etsy full-time

Pros

Was reached out by someone on the team 2 days after I applied online.

Cons

The hiring manager reached out to me and asked for availability, I provided times. She never followed up. I repinged her and she replied asking for more times since none of them worked. Then I provided more times and she stopped responding.

Continue reading

3. "Interface team is a tragic train wreck"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Etsy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The customers are amazing and great.

Cons

The development team has no idea what they are doing.

4. "Fun"

I worked at Etsy part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun and Creative place to work.

Cons

Not enough hours available to work.

"As long as you can roll with changes, this is the place for you"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Etsy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Etsy is a wonderful place if you can handle a fast paced, ever changing environment. I've been here for almost 4 years and the company has been nothing but supportive of me and my career and especially in times when things personally were not great. The company deeply cares about us as humans and for that I am thankful.

Cons

The only con is that we move too quickly at times, because of that we do often have to change directions which can cause a lot of fatigue among teams

Continue reading

"Great company to work for, culture of collaboration, forward thinking mentality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Etsy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The leadership org is cognizant of of pain points and actively seeks to improve There is a cohesive culture where it feels most everyone believes in the mission to humanize eCommerce I have noticed that if you are honest about your career trajectory, management will give you a roadmap Great work life balance

Cons

Some roles could use a more defined scope. If you are interviewing for a role here, make sure that you ask about your first 30/60/90 days and what success looks like for that time period.

"Can't imagine where else I'd want to work"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Etsy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Plenty of career growth opportunities here and ability to have a huge impact. You don't usually get this with as large of a company (or as much technical scale) as we have: it's a pretty special place from that regard. The culture is also great. We have progressive benefits (half a year of parental leave!), yummy snacks, and engaged leadership that really knows what's going on in individual teams and is excited to speak to individuals on those teams.

Cons

Things move quick here. The people who are most successful tend to be comfortable working through ambiguity.

"Promising company, disappointing structure"

2.0
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Etsy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product, fantastic teammates, engaging problem space

Cons

Engineering lacks strategic vision, company is disorganized, it feels like we reorg every three months. Tech debt keeps piling up and products don't ship due to lack of engineering accountability and management infighting

"Fast paced, but extremely supportive and innovative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Etsy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Etsy has been a great experience for the last 3 years. It's been up and down, but in a good way. We definitely move fast, and are constantly changing and pivoting but in this industry it is paramount that we are continuously iterating on our roadmap to stay competitive. We celebrate wins, we are inclusive, we care about the environment and about our social and economic impact. Etsy really cares about you. You are not just 1 out of 100000. And, at any level you can have a significant impact on the business. Our executive team is highly accessible, including our CEO. I've stayed at Etsy as long as I have because it feels like home to me and I'm excited to see where we can go next.

Cons

The only thing I'd say that is a con is that moving quickly and changing directions can get a little exhausting for some. So in order to be successful at Etsy, you have to be resilient and not take it personally if we decide to change directions every now and then. Some folks feel like they have great work life balance, others might not. But it really depends on the environment you came from. We definitely work really hard, but we also play hard as well.

10. "Great time"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Etsy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture, good growth opportunities

Cons

nothing worth mentioning. I was pretty happy

Found 158 reviews