Ettain Group Reviews in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ettain Group Founding Partner Jeff Harris
Jeff Harris

Pros
  • There is an extensive hiring process, which I found results in generally very good people being hired and resulting in a very positive work environment (in 3 reviews)

• If you want to be visible in an organization, and not just a number, ettain group is a great place to work (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • However that means you're working way more than 40 hours a week (in 3 reviews)

• They work you to death and then fire you because you refuse to work 60 hours on a salary based on 40 hours (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Experience out of College"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ettain Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hired out of college, gained great sales experience which set me up for future success in my career. The experience in a high volume sales environment as well as a very competitive industry made the experience highly valuable.

Cons

Not all sales territories have the same opportunity for success. Combine the lack of opportunity with a saturated competitive landscape, and it makes it even harder.

Advice to Management

None. Leadership was always strong and I always felt like they were pointing the company in the right direction.

"After a couple of months, I am loving it!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Ettain Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in recruiting off and on for the past 5 years. When I relocated to Charlotte this year, I wanted to find a firm with a strong culture that was not internally competitive. I stumbled on ettain group and I am so glad I did. The hiring process was seamless, the training was great and informative, and now that I am hitting my groove with getting candidates submitted, interviewing, and now being placed, I feel so at home. Everyone who works here is just so cool and down to earth. We listen to music all day, everyone gets along, and we work hard.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any yet. If you don't like cold-calling this might not be the job for you. It requires a lot of self-discipline, which I enjoy but others who prefer more guidance might not like.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Really, really enjoying my time here so far!

3. "Great Company On the Move"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Ettain Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has some really great things to offer their employees. Great Culture, Values and People - all great to work with. It is a mid sized company so you actually know the majority of the Founders, Leadership and employees in the various offices, you are more than just a number. Over the last 20 years the company has grown a ton. They expect to grow exponentially by 2017 and if you get in now, due to the size, you actually have a chance at being a part of that. People here are very motivated and know that if they put in the hard work, they will reap the benefits. They also love to celebrate wins. It is not an easy job, so when we have success, it is celebrated. Getting out the office with your team is fun too - from pool parties to happy hours to volunteering together.. and the holiday parties of course.

Cons

staffing is a hard industry to be in. It requires hard work, high activity, a lot of time on the phones etc. If you are not interested in getting into the sales side of the business, this may not be the best long term place for you (most recruiters eventually are promoted into Account Manager or BDM positions if they are successful and stay long term. There aren't a ton of opportunities to get into other parts of the business (corporate, back office, leadership etc) especially outside of the HQ in Charlotte NC.

Advice to Management

I think Management has done a great job. They are good people who's main focus right now is on growing the business. As we have seen over 20 years, the more we grow, the more opportunities there will be for our great employees. Keep up the good work.

"sr.sap developer"

Current Employee - Client/Server Scripting in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Client/Server Scripting in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Ettain Group (More than a year)

Pros

They are good in payroll processing and good interaction with consultants.

Cons

they needs more onsite development as implement partner.

6. "Great company to work with"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Ettain Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Health Insurance benefits not so good - high deductible
    Dental Insurance is Fine

Cons

No vacation time of although worked on w2

"Overall good experience with a few downsides"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ettain Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ettain group provides excellent training and opportunities for career development for people who are fresh out of college, which is who they primarily look to recruit. I began as a "resource specialist", and was quickly promoted up to be a dedicated recruiter/account manager for one of the National Accounts. I have grown to appreciate my time with ettain group significantly more after leaving and working for organizations that are not as good at training employees, or not as up to date with their trainings on sales/LinkedIn usage/time management. Overall the Management staff is very good at motivating lower level employees. Good benefits, good time off, quick to pay out commissions and expense checks to employees.

Cons

40 hours a week will not cut it with this organization if you want to be successful. Long hours are required, often with very little reward. Office culture often does not feel genuine, and many people are let go for what seem to be unverified reasons. Company also often experiences growing pains, as they are growing so rapidly, and often cannot keep up internally with practices and procedures.

Advice to Management

Set more realistic expectations during interview process if you are going to keep expectations the same, as candidates should know this isn't just a job, but more of an obsession, if you are going to be successful and place enough candidates to make a decent salary.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ettain Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful recruiting and business development staff working for clients and to keep contract and full time resources working.

Cons

none that i can think of

9. "It was an amazing experience."

Former Contractor - IT Professional in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - IT Professional in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ettain Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture, Very talented people

Cons

Do not recall of any except very busy .

"Working at ettain group"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

You are in control of how much money you make at ettain group. The company is a great organization to work for because of the culture and the high earning potential. Moreover, the corporate team is close-knit and very involved in making the company and individual team members successful. Every team member has the ability to add their input and see changes evolve. Throughout the training and the mentor program, new team members are given the knowledge to succeed. If you want to be visible in an organization, and not just a number, ettain group is a great place to work.

Cons

The company is still rapidly growing so all processes are not fully established to the the extend of a very mature organization.

Advice to Management

Continue to remain as involved as you have been throughout the company's growth stages so that we can take this organization to the next level.

Ettain Group Response

Apr 7, 2015 – Marketing & Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback!

"Great company to work for, the staff is very supportive."

Former Contractor - Clinical Data Mapper in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Clinical Data Mapper in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ettain Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff at Ettain take every effort to be sure you are comfortable as you work your scheduled assignments.

Cons

At times they may not be aware of the work ethics of staffed companies.

Advice to Management

At times make "pop in" visits to be sure that employer reviews are accurate.It may not change outcomes but may aide in assuring that the right candidates are sent out to work specific assignments.