Ettain Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ettain Group Founding Partner Jeff Harris
Jeff Harris

Pros
  • This is really a great Company to work for (in 3 reviews)

• There is an extensive hiring process, which I found results in generally very good people being hired and resulting in a very positive work environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • However that means you're working way more than 40 hours a week (in 3 reviews)

• They work you to death and then fire you because you refuse to work 60 hours on a salary based on 40 hours (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Experience out of College"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ettain Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hired out of college, gained great sales experience which set me up for future success in my career. The experience in a high volume sales environment as well as a very competitive industry made the experience highly valuable.

Cons

Not all sales territories have the same opportunity for success. Combine the lack of opportunity with a saturated competitive landscape, and it makes it even harder.

Advice to Management

None. Leadership was always strong and I always felt like they were pointing the company in the right direction.

2. "Stay Away"

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Ettain Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay weekly , networking opportunities, and great training.

Cons

Management for my office was a jerk. Never had an issue with my job until I worked here . If you never been a recruiter avoid this place . They will train you but expect you to make money the first three weeks and if you don't you're out of there! The co workers are clingy and very rude. Thank goodness I have a better job getting paid twice as much as those jerks.

Advice to Management

If someone recruits for the first time, give them chance. Don't automatically fire them after a month.

"1 star is too high"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ettain Group full-time

Pros

Office space is nicer than most.

Cons

Worked for the company when it was called Timberhorn. Managment are good old boys who drink in the office most days while watching youtube and golf videos. Management are related to each other or worked at prior companies forming a tight click.

Only a place for recruiters who skate by using indian sub firms. Real recruting doesnt happen as the office is about quantity not quality. Workplace can be hostile and the locker room atmosphere is not good for women. Managment points fingers at others instead of themselves. Sales team brings in low margin, low pay orders.

Advice to Management

Break up the click and end the favoritism. Stop allowing employees to drink at the office.

4. "none"

Current Employee - Lead Finance & Accounting Specialist in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Finance & Accounting Specialist in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Ettain Group (Less than a year)

Pros

That you get benefits and 401k

Cons

Is that they do not check on you.

Advice to Management

NA

"After a couple of months, I am loving it!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Ettain Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in recruiting off and on for the past 5 years. When I relocated to Charlotte this year, I wanted to find a firm with a strong culture that was not internally competitive. I stumbled on ettain group and I am so glad I did. The hiring process was seamless, the training was great and informative, and now that I am hitting my groove with getting candidates submitted, interviewing, and now being placed, I feel so at home. Everyone who works here is just so cool and down to earth. We listen to music all day, everyone gets along, and we work hard.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any yet. If you don't like cold-calling this might not be the job for you. It requires a lot of self-discipline, which I enjoy but others who prefer more guidance might not like.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Really, really enjoying my time here so far!

6. "Great Company On the Move"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Ettain Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has some really great things to offer their employees. Great Culture, Values and People - all great to work with. It is a mid sized company so you actually know the majority of the Founders, Leadership and employees in the various offices, you are more than just a number. Over the last 20 years the company has grown a ton. They expect to grow exponentially by 2017 and if you get in now, due to the size, you actually have a chance at being a part of that. People here are very motivated and know that if they put in the hard work, they will reap the benefits. They also love to celebrate wins. It is not an easy job, so when we have success, it is celebrated. Getting out the office with your team is fun too - from pool parties to happy hours to volunteering together.. and the holiday parties of course.

Cons

staffing is a hard industry to be in. It requires hard work, high activity, a lot of time on the phones etc. If you are not interested in getting into the sales side of the business, this may not be the best long term place for you (most recruiters eventually are promoted into Account Manager or BDM positions if they are successful and stay long term. There aren't a ton of opportunities to get into other parts of the business (corporate, back office, leadership etc) especially outside of the HQ in Charlotte NC.

Advice to Management

I think Management has done a great job. They are good people who's main focus right now is on growing the business. As we have seen over 20 years, the more we grow, the more opportunities there will be for our great employees. Keep up the good work.

"sr.sap developer"

Current Employee - Client/Server Scripting in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Client/Server Scripting in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Ettain Group (More than a year)

Pros

They are good in payroll processing and good interaction with consultants.

Cons

they needs more onsite development as implement partner.

8. "Not the old Timberhorn"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Frisco, TX

I worked at Ettain Group (More than a year)

Pros

Office environment is modern, energy level is high, people are fun, local management are very good and know the recruiting industry.

Commission plan offers chance to make a decent income.

Cons

Ettaiin bought Timberhorn in November 2015 and its not the same since the original owner left.

Ettain is a big company, very corporate and different to the old Timberhorn. What made Timberhorn a great place to work has gone and focus is on increasing headcount at any price and not making the best deals possible.

Advice to Management

Be less corporate and allow the old Timberhorn culture to return to the office.

Allow the Frisco office to be more independant.

Focus on quality not quantity. Reward high performers not mediocrity.

9. "Great EMployer to work for"

Former Employee - Software Engineer In Test in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer In Test in Durham, NC

Pros

Good Experience. Awesome Employees. Felt great to work for

Cons

Not much compensations and paid leave is given.

"Overall good experience with a few downsides"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ettain Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ettain group provides excellent training and opportunities for career development for people who are fresh out of college, which is who they primarily look to recruit. I began as a "resource specialist", and was quickly promoted up to be a dedicated recruiter/account manager for one of the National Accounts. I have grown to appreciate my time with ettain group significantly more after leaving and working for organizations that are not as good at training employees, or not as up to date with their trainings on sales/LinkedIn usage/time management. Overall the Management staff is very good at motivating lower level employees. Good benefits, good time off, quick to pay out commissions and expense checks to employees.

Cons

40 hours a week will not cut it with this organization if you want to be successful. Long hours are required, often with very little reward. Office culture often does not feel genuine, and many people are let go for what seem to be unverified reasons. Company also often experiences growing pains, as they are growing so rapidly, and often cannot keep up internally with practices and procedures.

Advice to Management

Set more realistic expectations during interview process if you are going to keep expectations the same, as candidates should know this isn't just a job, but more of an obsession, if you are going to be successful and place enough candidates to make a decent salary.