Euro Car Parts Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Euro Car Parts CEO Martin Gray
Martin Gray

Pros
  • Excellent career progression, friendly and helpful staff, good working environment (in 10 reviews)

• Exciting Company to work for if you love the sales environment, fast paced organisation and the desire to succeed for your efforts (in 5 reviews)

Cons

1. "Been with euros for about 4 years now I enjoy my job and people I work with"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Essex, MD
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Essex, MD

I have been working at Euro Car Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good support network.every day is different.customer always comes first.loads things to learn to help you move through company if you have right attitude.
    All staff are looked after

Cons

Can be long hours but not all the time but I knew that when I signed up signed up as a manager.

2. "Rollercoaster 6 years and still loving every minute......."

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Euro Car Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Since working within ECP I have had the opporunity to wear many different hats, each one taking me outside of my comfort zone and each time I surprise myself at the level of personal development I have achieved. With support from Senior Management, Directors and the camaraderie of working with professional colleagues; ECP is absolutley an organisation to invest your career in. Working at ECP is not an easy place to be, you have to be focused, dilligent and hard working; if this is in your DNA then you will excell here. I have seen many internal promotions during my time with the business, hard work is always rewarded.

Cons

This is a driven and sales focused organisation; if you dont like fast paced I wouldnt recommend you join.

3. "ECP"

I have been working at Euro Car Parts (More than 3 years)

Pros

Constantly growing company. You can learn a lot about automotive trade. Multi cultural office. There are some talented person.

Cons

Never ending working hours.
    Some people need coaching​.
    Communication between teams needs to be improved.

Advice to Management

Career development plan.
    Motivation.
    Work life balance.

5. "CREDIT CONTROL"

Current Employee - Credit Control Supervisor in Wembley, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Credit Control Supervisor in Wembley, England (UK)

I have been working at Euro Car Parts full-time

Pros

Great office atmosphere, great team based in Wembley

Cons

New management require further training, not professional, not supportive, not willing to help were necessary. New team no training given, New system no training given

6. "Unappreciative"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Macclesfield, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Pros

None that are worthy of mention.

Cons

Don't bother applying to this company if you are a dedicated, intelligent and hard working individual.

Inexperienced and inept management are only concerned with generating revenue at any cost and simply don't care about the drivers wellbeing nor in fact if customer dissatisfaction ultimately means they take their business elsewhere. Not a good formula for long term survival at all.

Sales office members appear to be allowed to make numerous mistakes which are obviously "buried". These involve both incorrectly selected parts and mis-charging which results in understandably annoyed and frustrated customers. Drivers are then left to attempt to patch things up, although customers were usually very sympathetic to the drivers cause. On the other hand however, if a driver makes an error, this is later magnified out of all proportion and used against you.

I have an excellent work ethic and have always been keen to do a job well. This included doing all my eLearning in my own time at home. This was neither acknowledged nor appreciated.

I worked hard and embraced all aspects of the job, including picking, despatching and delivering. At busy times, I even did all three together myself, but again with no recognition.

My overall figures for driving quality, efficiency, number of drops etc were consistently good and better than most others. I was never late, nor ever absent through sickness.

I was always early and was prepared to go over my finish time to complete a delivery and occasionally resumed work before my unpaid 40 minutes had fully expired if an order was waiting to go.

I wasn't looking to leave and was prepared to persevere with the job as I assumed I had met all the acceptable standards required. I had had no inkling whatsoever that the situation was otherwise. Two previous reviews had been all positive, with no negative aspects whatsoever. However, after the six months probation had elapsed, I was told my performance was not satisfactory and my probation was to be extended by another three months, making nine in total. This made me realise my future lay elsewhere. Two other drivers have also left in recent weeks, so make your own conclusions.

Thankfully, I am now working in a much better environment where professionalism reigns, and my work rate, expertise and dedication are fully appreciated. Bliss!

Advice to Management

Improve the recognition techniques of what constitutes a good driver and value them more.

7. "Branch Manager"

Pros

Interesting environment where only the strong will survive. Plenty of room to make improvements to any branch. Opportunities are a plenty.

Cons

No training. No teamwork. Unrealistic targets with no support network. If you survive the 6 month probation period you deserve a medal. Constant back stabbing to be expected and your soul slowly dies as you work through the endless shifts that never seem to end.

Advice to Management

Listen. Train and value the team around you.

8. "The grass isnt always greener"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Euro Car Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Heard a lot of current and ex employees moan about ECP, but I can assure you the grass isn't always greener. I've worker for a couple of similar businesses within the motor trade and although ECP expects a lot from its employees there is no better company to progress with. The money is good, you can earn good bonus and more importantly have a good laugh.

Cons

Long hours. No getting away from it. The opening hours are from 8-6 and the phones need answering. Weekend work isn't great, but again its all about supply and demand.

Advice to Management

More coaching required. We have some good people, but they need guidance

"Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Counter Sales Manager in Wembley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Counter Sales Manager in Wembley, England (UK)

I worked at Euro Car Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money for the motor trade. Lots of progression for those who work hard. Make lots of friends. Good environment to make you better yourself. starter as a team leader and was quickly made counter manager.

Cons

Saw a lot of new guys who just couldn't handle the competitive atmosphere so high turnover of staff. Lots of swearing lol

Advice to Management

A proper training program for new starters. team bonus rather than individual always makes it a better atmosphere to work in.

"Your only a number"

I have been working at Euro Car Parts (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok but very secretive
    Day goes quick as so busy
    If you don't want a home life it's ideal

Cons

Lunch breaks not encouraged
    Loads of unpaid overtime available
    Live to work
    Kpi'd on everything
    Long days short weekends
    No support when requested

Advice to Management

Value what you have help and encourage

11. "Delivery Driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Macclesfield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Pros

Its difficult to say what pros there are with this company. Minimum wage, 20 days holiday, discount on car parts.

Cons

Dreadful dreadful dreadful company to work for, very poor management, immature and inexperienced. Treats employees terribly. you have no voice and will not be heard. Dont bump the vans you will pay £250-1000 depending on age and license points. Customer service within sales is awful, you will have to be apologising to the customers on a regular basis. Lack of internal operating procedures, inadequate checking procedures, favouritism, just a few of the things you will have to cope with as a driver. Really stay away from this company.

Advice to Management

Warehouse, sales and branch management is too focused on bonuses at the expense of customer service. i can personally name a dozen garages who have moved to the competition because of dreadful service.