European Wax Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Coba

Pros
  • Free waxing, fun environment, great coworkers, good pay (in 67 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, 5-8 hours shifts (only have to work one weekend day) (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits which is why turn over is high (in 82 reviews)

• No advancement opportunities - even with a high turnover rate (at least at the stores I've seen), the ones in charge are always in charge (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Honestly, the best"

Current Employee - Lead Guest Service Associate in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Guest Service Associate in Tyler, TX

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

European Wax Center is the first job that I honestly love. One of the best things is the online social website that corporate has set up that you can use to talk with them and ask any questions that you might have. They also use it to keep everyone up to date on any changes in policy or promotions that might be going on. My center has a great manager who really took the time with me to train me and give me a great sense of the corporate culture and values that are important at EWC.

Cons

I don't have any complaints!

Advice to Management

Keep up the wonderful work that you do!

European Wax Center Response

Apr 3, 2017 – Vice President of Talent Management

Thank you ! We are very proud of our internal social portal which is also where our associates can find much of our training too. I'm glad to hear of a great relationship with your manager and that ... More

2. "Endless Opportunities with EWC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have had the pleasure to work for EWC for 7+ years (and counting)! EWC is an environment where success is at your fingertips, it will not be handed out, but you DO have the ability to grow (should you really want it and put the actions towards achieving it). Personally, I can appreciate development and training opportunities, and EWC offers just that - it's like being at school every day, yet you are learning through on the job experiences. It has given me the opportunity to excel while diversifying my leadership skills. And the people here, AMAZING. Come and visit our HQ and you'll feel the energy the second you walk in!

Cons

I have no complaints at this time. I also appreciate that I am able to express anything that may be affecting my work and feel that upper management cares. They may be able to be flexible on the situation or if they cannot, they share reasons why. Either way, it all gets worked out.

Advice to Management

Work strategically and develop your people! We will get further if we leverage and build one another.

3. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team spirit, family environment, detailed training process, and a gorgeous place to work

Cons

Only thing is the Millennium software we use can be hard to work with. But it is being replaced very soon!

5. "Worst job i ever had"

Former Employee - Waxer in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Waxer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at European Wax Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is free waxing,and free product.not much to say about European wax center in the pro department.

Cons

Minimum wage.THE trainers are extremely bias,and outright rude.trainig was a nightmare I was the only Caucasian girl,and made to feel extremely uncomfortable about being Caucasian.working with all women can be hard,especially when favoritism for skin color for run rampant at this location.I have never had a job,where i was left feeling sooo inadequate by management. Place was filled with back stabbing gossip.firing and hiring people at an alarming rate.no stability at this job.

Advice to Management

Teach your employees to treat everyone with respect.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Designated Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Designated Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really love working for this company the corporate office is very supportive and helpful whenever there are problems. The wax in the products they use our first class and work very well

Cons

I guess the only con for working for this company is that they are open seven days a week and they're busy times are weekends

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

7. "Great Tips, Great Retail Products"

Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Laguna Niguel, CA

I worked at European Wax Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You receive points toward the skin products & the products are really good. You receive cash tips @ the end of the day in an envelope from all your clients.

Cons

The company requests you add-on services while working with your client. That isn't hard to do if your good. What's difficult is the pressure to complete the services w/in the same time frame. And if you're a perfectionist, this may not be the job for you. You need to get comfortable with imperfect services due to time constraints/customer's hair growth etc.

Advice to Management

Mmmmm.... Nothing. it's been a few years since working there so I'm unsure of management's way now.

8. "Guest Service Associate"

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with a great team, get your eyebrows done for free, build connection in the service industry, and earn commission with hourly

Cons

earning commission with hourly means you have to be good with people and a hard working individual.

9. "I enjoyed working at EWC"

Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at European Wax Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Base pay (minimum wage), commission on retail and services + tips and bonuses
    Great out of Beauty School experience/work
    Teaches you how to speed wax well and efficiently (ie 15 minute Brazilian)

Cons

You don't get to use the full extent of your license since you're only waxing. (reason for 4 star on career opportunities)

Advice to Management

I really think it matters how management is. I had an amazing time working where I did. Loved management and my team of waxers & GSA

"GSA Review"

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Culver City, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy work. Ability to bring in extra pay through Wax Pass commissions and bonuses every month. This is a part time position which allows you to be flexible with your schedule.

Cons

This location pays below the minimum wage bracket due to it being a small business. Starting pay when i got hired was $10 with quarterly raises. Starting pay now is $10 and they no longer do quarterly raises.

Advice to Management

It is the job of the GSA to manage the Waxers books and make sure the store runs smoothly. The starting base pay should be raised to $12.

11. "GSA - Patchogue"

Former Employee - Guest Sales Associate in Patchogue, NY
    Former Employee - Guest Sales Associate in Patchogue, NY

I worked at European Wax Center (More than a year)

Pros

Decent commission structure and earning potential for someone going to school full time

Cons

Extremely poor management. This is the biggest / most common complaint I know from all GSA's. A lot of people running these locations do not care about their associates or invest in their development. Really high turnover.

Advice to Management

Worry more about your employees and address issues in a professional manner with the goal to come to a compromise and improve employee performance.