European Wax Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Coba

Pros
  • Free waxing, fun environment, great coworkers, good pay (in 70 reviews)

• Free waxing and discounts on products (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits and taking time off can be a pain but other then that its AMAZING (in 85 reviews)

• No advancement opportunities - even with a high turnover rate (at least at the stores I've seen), the ones in charge are always in charge (in 30 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Wax Specialist"

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Draper, UT

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is probably the best job I have ever had so I transferred to this center from another. The money that you can make is awesome. Work hard and reap the rewards of a great paycheck. I'm at a center that just had a changeover in management and it's being run more efficiently and effectively than before. It's too bad that previous employees did not like to follow policy but we now have an awesome team and we are moving ahead to bigger and better!

Cons

Very hard on your body but it does keep you in shape!

Advice to Management

Keep appreciating your employees and they'll keep appreciating you!

European Wax Center Response

May 10, 2017 – Talent Management

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy working at EWC and that you're surrounded by a great team! We appreciate all you do, keep up the ... More

2. "Amazing Company - Love the Job - You get what you put in!"

Current Employee - Wax Specialist
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with a group of women who also love what they do. You meet a lot of new people & get to work in a fast paced, low stress environment. You get paid hourly (which is great because most places in the beauty industry are commission only), your tips & commission on both services and products. If you work hard and care about your job & guests - they will be loyal to you. The wax is amazing and so are the products .. it is a win win!

Cons

I have not found any.

"Fantastic way to make money, with the right management."

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have the ability to make great money, great products, easy to build clientele.

Cons

No benefits, time off difficult.

Advice to Management

The management makes all the difference in the franchise. The company itself is well organized and efficient, but having experienced business management is the key to making the whole system work. Most of the complaints I've read involve unprofessional or unjust management, and do not effect the corporate structure. The management in nashbille is great. Not Micro managed. If you're someone who comes in with a good attitude and likes to work you shouldn't have any issues. It is BUSY so you have potential to make great money. But if you're a person who prefers to be in a spa environment with 2-3 guests per day with down time, this probably isn't the best fit for you. The shifts are short but busy, which maximizes your tips. I work about 30 hours per week and make roughly 1.5 times what I made working 40+ hours else wear.

5. "Friendly, energetic workplace"

Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at European Wax Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a guest service coordinator you get discounted products (40% off). Team oriented environment and flexible scheduling. They offer sales compensation and if you do really well in your sales goals they offer extra bonus' each month and also do competitions between store locations

Cons

I felt that all employees should be able to receive free waxing services, not just the wax specialists. Working as a guest service coordinator you receive 30% off all services. Most of the time they run specials that allow their guests to save 25% on services if they purchase a prepaid wax pass, so as an employee you don't get that much more of a discount.

Advice to Management

Give all employees free services!

6. "Wax Specialist"

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great upbeat place to work! Products I believe in. Clean and professional environment with a family feel.

Cons

The commission/bonus structure changes too much. You need to ask 4 weeks in advance for time off.

7. "Wonderful part-time job to have while in school!"

Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at European Wax Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money plus opportunities for commission. Extremely knowledgable and professional co-workers.

Cons

There is not much room to advance professionally.

8. "Awesome Career"

Pros

New company that offers tons of growth and development. Excellent training program. I can say with confidence, EWC has the best waxing system on the market

Cons

New and growing so things are constantly changing. This isn't really a con because changes are usually for the better

Advice to Management

Positive reinforcement and coaching will help you grow an awesome team.

9. "Great learning experience"

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make as much or as little money as you want since pay is base + commission. You also learn how to handle a variety of customer service issues. Really improved my skills.

Cons

Only real downside is that there are waves of negativity at times. If people get lazy, the energy tends to spread throughout.

10. "Great place to gain some money while as student"

Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Miami, FL

I worked at European Wax Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As Guest Service Coordinator, it was great having a part-time while going to university. Cool place to work, commission for selling packages. Promotions and time-off/flexibility depends on your specific store.

Cons

Sometimes dramatic in terms of guests freaking out over waxes (especially first timers). It's not a big deal but sometimes gets annoying. Your experience really depends on your manager, whether or not they are a good manager.

Advice to Management

I have worked for corporate stores and franchise stores, both have their differences. I personally like the CEOs and upper management. They understand their business very well and motivate their employees.

11. "Love EWC"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful centers, great products, discounted or even free waxing!! I was promoted in 6 months! Ive met the CEO its definitely not a faceless brand. Good $$ benefits paid for in corporate position. Its all about you ewc reflects the person, if you have great work ethic you'll succeed. I only saw turn overs of people who werent the responsible type.

Cons

Nothing but women and everything that goes along with that. Sometimes drama and cattiness. Scripts can get old

Advice to Management

Make returns easier. Nothing else really they give us tons of resources to utilize