European Wax Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Coba

Pros
  • Free waxing, fun environment, great coworkers, good pay (in 71 reviews)

• The discounts on products and services are nice (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits and taking time off can be a pain but other then that its AMAZING (in 86 reviews)

• No advancement opportunities - even with a high turnover rate (at least at the stores I've seen), the ones in charge are always in charge (in 30 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Wax Specialist"

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Draper, UT

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is probably the best job I have ever had so I transferred to this center from another. The money that you can make is awesome. Work hard and reap the rewards of a great paycheck. I'm at a center that just had a changeover in management and it's being run more efficiently and effectively than before. It's too bad that previous employees did not like to follow policy but we now have an awesome team and we are moving ahead to bigger and better!

Cons

Very hard on your body but it does keep you in shape!

Advice to Management

Keep appreciating your employees and they'll keep appreciating you!

European Wax Center Response

May 10, 2017 – Talent Management

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy working at EWC and that you're surrounded by a great team! We appreciate all you do, keep up the ... More

2. "Waxer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros are a get to meet a lot of people and network. My body is constantly smooth.

Cons

Absent owners that have people that can't screw in a light bulb run there place. They constantly change policies. They will ask you to come in and tell you that they are very busy and you only have 5 clients for the day.

Clients get shifted around your book if they don't request you. You loose a lot of money and they still gain. It's all about the money money money! Not the clients or the hard waxer breaking their back for 9.25 per hour!

Advice to Management

Be good to your employees and they will be good to you! Be crappy and you will get crap back!

3. "guest services"

I worked at European Wax Center part-time

Pros

easy to learn, discounts, good environment

Cons

may have to work nights and weekends

"Lost values"

Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at European Wax Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers and absolutely nothing else.

Cons

I work for this company for 6 years. It is totally different that it was when I started. The company used to believe in giving the BEST wax. Then money got in the way.

They took their amazing products and ruined them. All of their products are fragrance and water now. I think they forget that we are estheticians. All they care about is you selling them. They only care about product sales!

They used to have the best wax. Funny thing is they think we are stupid and don't notice that they are cheapening their wax product. It's absolutely terrible now. Hard to work with, more painful.

I believed in this company for years. Now they are all about selling products. It's not even about waxing anymore. They work their waxers to the bone, they are underpaid, they threaten your job if you don't sell their crappy products. It's sad. Not worth it.

Advice to Management

It broke my heart that I busted my butt for 6 years With zero care from management. I now work in management for your competition, and they're rooms are full of former ewc waxers. So basically you are training girls and we are taking your best. Maybe you should really think about that.

5. "Good for a short time"

Pros

If you stay busy the pay can be decent.

Cons

I felt like they wanted to be a robot. You must memorize scripts and say the same thing to everybody every time you see them.

6. "Wax Specialist"

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Patchogue, NY
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Patchogue, NY

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great money! (Hourly, commission, tips and bonuses) family like atmosphere, fun environment to work in!

Cons

None! Such a good company to work for!

Advice to Management

The owners and management do a fantastic job at managing!

7. "Un-Apologetically Confident"

Current Employee - Designated Manager in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Designated Manager in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful centers- Being able to walk into a calm and beautiful center allows for your working environment to be a comfort vs stressful.
    Scheduling- A set schedule for most of the employees is beneficial to be able to have a worklife balance. Create your life around your known schedule is amazing when you have a family - i know when to make doctors appts and dinner dates. Great for students trying to to do both.
    Free eyebrow waxing as often as needed and a great discount on all the other services. Discount on the retail products- which are top quality.
    I couldnt ask for a better opportunity.

Cons

As with any job there is a huge focus on sales. Daily goals on selling retail products and wax passes must be met- but thats just the way the center and associate receives profit. Not really a Con, just know you must be comfortable with our sales pitch.

Advice to Management

Keep doing every single thing you are doing. Smart business model, advanced technology coming and the family feeling of working with these amazing people. I am definitely unapologetically confident in my role here within the organization

8. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at European Wax Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

atmosphere was a lot of fun, easy job to learn

Cons

Management was poor, needs improvement

Advice to Management

improve communication over all channels, better team environment, do more to boost team morale

"You can make good money, but they don't care about there employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

I worked at European Wax Center part-time

Pros

Good wax, and once you have regulars you get good tips

Cons

Being promised higher commission for working there longer, then having it taken away. Taking away bonuses. The turnover is so high, it's hard to understand why they don't see they are killing there own business.

Advice to Management

Stop taking away pay from people who work hard for it. Stop making breaks shorter, we are people too. You lose money by chasing all of your good employees away over stupid things that you don't have to do to make money.

10. "Gsa"

Current Employee - GSA in New York, NY
    Current Employee - GSA in New York, NY

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love it . Best Job I had so far. It's works best for students attending college . Flexible hours . Definitely growth with the company. My manger is Adelina at 805 Columbus square location. She is the best manager I had of all jobs I even encounter with . She helps you and encourage you to be the best . I'm looking forward to years with this company .

Cons

I been working with exc almost 2 months . I don't have cons with the company everything is good here .

Advice to Management

None at all she managing very well