Cover image for European Wax Center

European Wax Center

Engaged Employer

European Wax Center

Add a Review

European Wax Center Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Feb 5, 2023

Featured Divisions of European Wax Center

What people are saying about European Wax Center

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about European Wax Center? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with European Wax Center employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good money for starting out and being able to make a living which is exciting.(in 128 reviews)
  • "They have great training if you have never waxed before and their wax is really nice.(in 123 reviews)
  • "Great commission on the wax passes especially during spring and summer seasons where everyone needs to wax.(in 110 reviews)
  • "meet great guests and coworkers(in 98 reviews)
  • "great for experience and flexible hours(in 64 reviews)
Cons
  • "poor management and not flexible(in 299 reviews)
  • "Responsible for cleaning the restroom and low pay(in 225 reviews)
  • "No benefits and you can’t ask days off you have to find somebody to cover you which if you’re low staffed kinda sucks(in 160 reviews)
  • "I had a terrible manager who was very unprofessional and changed policies all the time.(in 95 reviews)
  • "the hours were bad no time off you have to push sales on every client or else you will loose your job on the spot.(in 83 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of European Wax Center and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "management"

Jul 9, 2013 - Guest Service Associate
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

the guests, the discount, potential to make money.

Cons

Threats, extreme pressure to sell, very easy to get fired. I was the longest running guest service associate in the store and I was only there for eight months. Management does not care about you and will fire you without thinking twice about it. I saw four girls get fired for very small things. I also witnessed the owner yelling at the manager to the point where she was in tears. Eventually I felt like I had to quit before they could find a reason to fire me and found a job at a much more stable environment. I was definitely not comfortable there. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. European Wax Center - Franchise | Division of European Wax Center