Cover image for European Wax Center
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

European Wax Center Employee Reviews about "schedule"

Updated Jun 7, 2023

Featured Divisions of European Wax Center

What people are saying about European Wax Center

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about European Wax Center? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with European Wax Center employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good money for starting out and being able to make a living which is exciting.(in 133 reviews)
  • "They have great training if you have never waxed before and their wax is really nice.(in 128 reviews)
  • "meet great guests and coworkers(in 106 reviews)
  • "great for experience and flexible hours(in 66 reviews)
  • "Great for people who just got their license and want to learn proper wax techniques.(in 64 reviews)
Cons
  • "poor management and not flexible(in 315 reviews)
  • "Responsible for cleaning the restroom and low pay(in 248 reviews)
  • "No benefits and you can’t ask days off you have to find somebody to cover you which if you’re low staffed kinda sucks(in 164 reviews)
  • "Low commission or product and services(in 111 reviews)
  • "I had a terrible manager who was very unprofessional and changed policies all the time.(in 102 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of European Wax Center and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. European Wax Center - Franchise | Division of European Wax Center
    5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love my center! McKinney 0850

May 14, 2020 - Store Manager in McKinney, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

European Wax Center McKinney, Texas is amazing. I love my franchisees. We are more than just a number to them. We are a family. We offer our girls a flexible schedule and try our best to work with everyone. We offer 1 free wax a month per associate, and then 50% off every other service after that. We also offer a 40% discount on products! We offer PTO after a full year of being at the center, and try to approve time off if given enough time in advance. I honestly could go on and on about all of the pros.

Cons

It can be stressful at times, but at the end of the day worth it.

2. European Wax Center - Franchise | Division of European Wax Center
    1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Working there

Mar 1, 2023 - Guest Service Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discount on wax passes Flexible schedule

Cons

Management was nonchalant and didn't care about making the customers happy. Owner did not offer health insurance benefits. Pay was below minimum wage.

3. Join the European Wax Center team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great/ but theres issues

Apr 12, 2022 - Guest Service Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a fairly easy job where you sit at a front desk answer phones and help customers schedule with a waxer

Cons

Person Issues between other employees

5. European Wax Center - Franchise | Division of European Wax Center
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Some pros allot of cons(waxer)

Mar 27, 2017 - Wax Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free waxes (for waxers) Advances you in waxing abilities Benefits (health, dental, vision) 12hr shifts or 6hr shifts Good wax and product

Cons

No PTO No sick days Manager plays favorites Commission is mediocre You have to have 4wks notice to receive approved TO Schedule is extremely difficult to change(2 year employee and I've been stuck with the same schedule) Manager will not respond to phone calls or urgent texts fri-sun Money hungry company Does not appreciate it's employees

6. 3.0

GSA

Aug 12, 2015 - Guest Services Associate in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a lot about the beauty industry, health code, skin care, and meet some great girls. Schedule can be flexible and you can get some good bonuses.

Cons

No benefits, flip-floppy management, and an insufficient discount on services. Very pushy about sales and using scripts that make you sound like a robot. The commission pay structure creates a lot of UNHEALTHY competition between everyone. There isn't much room to move up, so this is not a job for someone who wants to move up unless you're very, very aggressive.

7. European Wax Center - Franchise | Division of European Wax Center
    Former Employee

Gotta Love Brazilians

Sep 15, 2015 - Waxing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Provide good training Really nice people Follow a strict protocol to protect employees when clients complain or request inappropriate services The products are great and easy to sell

Cons

Pay is actually crap Have to work a HUGE schedule to make enough tips to earn a decent amount of money More than 50% of the waxing is Brazilian, which I, personally, hate Dealing with the wax, itself, is a pain in the neck

8. European Wax Center - Franchise | Division of European Wax Center
    Current Employee

great

May 25, 2021 - Wax Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

training for success, consistency clientele driven

Cons

'flexible schedule' is not flexible

9. European Wax Center - Franchise | Division of European Wax Center

Guest Services Associate

Apr 27, 2017 - Guest Service Associate in Paradise Valley, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Management is always there for you. 2. The job requirements are outlined for you and no room for misunderstanding. 3. Plenty of opportunities to earn more money if you work hard for it. 4. Scheduling is flexible depending on your schedule but you can also trade or give up shifts if needed. 5. Corporate management has a social network site set up where one can communicate with them and all of the employees of the company.

Cons

If you are not willing to work for your opportunities, this is not the position or job for you.

European Wax Center Response

Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. We are very proud of our internal social portal which allows our team to communicate with not only corporate but also with each other! We are glad to hear of a great relationship with your management and the support they provided you. - Talent Management

10. European Wax Center - Franchise | Division of European Wax Center
    2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Waxing Specialist

May 27, 2015 - Waxing Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learned more about waxing and their technique is fantastic.

Cons

No flexibility in the schedule and I sometimes felt like the management were not as involved as I would have liked.

11. European Wax Center - Franchise | Division of European Wax Center
    1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Management is disorganized and not supportive

May 11, 2021 - Guest Service Associate in Glendale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Somewhat flexible scheduling, Employee discount. Offer very good insurance but its very expensive.

Cons

Management expects you to maintain extremely high sales goals even when outside of promotion. The portion you get to keep of the sales you make is really low. They tend to hire very unreliable people so if you tend to be on the reliable side you get taken advantage of. The managers will assist their 'star' salespeople with sales and leave the other GSA's that they don't like to figure it out. Pass off managers duties to the GSA's which takes away opportunity to be in front and make sales. Allow 'star' salespeople to hog all sales. No paid maternity leave. Get called in constantly to cover people who call out. Managers release schedule a day or two before start of week with major changes and aren't flexible if you need schedule changes.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 333 Reviews