Evalueserve Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Ashutosh Gupta and Ravi Mehrotra

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"They don't care about people. It's outsourcing, they only care about costs."

I worked at Evalueserve full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Colleagues are cool and smart, but you all bond over how poorly mgmt treats you.

Cons

They don't care about you. They just want cheap labor. They reduced benefits as time went on. They don't have a good culture or environment. HR is aggressively on the side of the employer rather than the employee. They nickel and dime you for everything. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees

2. "Research analyst"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Evalueserve full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees in the company are friendly and hopeful people, friendly environment between employees. Some projects are good leads to future jobs with good clients.

Cons

Management is a mess, micromanagement is a huge problem, most of the Americans are managed by mangers transferred from India, whom are not fit in with American work culture and honestly sometimes don't know how to manage people or provide business solutions. A lot of bureaucracy created by managers leading to a huge waste of time in communications between client and employees working on the project. Projects are highly unstable because client satisfaction is low.

Straight forward exploitation in compensation for fresh graduate students is another huge issue. They recruit out of campus and give out a rate lower than average industry standard. Once a year pass, huge turn over starts, employees either jump to client's side or leave because they realize what this company is doing.

Also concerns about the finance of the company, heard of how it is in red and saw a lot of turn over and lost of client due to turn over.

Advice to Management

Hire American managers, and provide standard rate of compensation.

"AVP"

I have been working at Evalueserve full-time

Pros

Can't think of any, really. Was a mistake to join them in the first place.

Cons

Evalueserve has very little respect for employee well-being and work-life balance. Compensation is also distinctly below par that of the industry, so there are very few reasons to want to work here. Everyone is asked to perform the work of at least 3 people at one time and the workday/ work week never seems to end. Company culture is very top-down, bureaucratic and management believes more in clocking 'face-time' than in outcomes.

Career aspirations of individuals are not taken into account at all, and the company has absolutely no idea how to nurture talent, especially senior talent, let alone HIPO (High Performing) individuals. I would strongly recommend potential hires to re-think their choices.

Advice to Management

Please learn to respect, accept and nurture your HIPO individuals and senior talent. It is not easy to find the right staff for the right roles, so when you do find someone, please know how to manage and nurture them.

"HRManager"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Evalueserve full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appears to be professional and transparent

Cons

Not quite professional and transparent

Advice to Management

Appearances are deceptive

"EVS"

I worked at Evalueserve full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has many vertical which will help in expanding your expertise

Cons

Harsh and unprofessional working conditions. Management lacks values and culture to deal with people

Advice to Management

Not to be so greedy. Value your employees

6. "No Good"

I have been working at Evalueserve full-time

Pros

Dont have any as of now.

Cons

Not a good place to work

"A Bong's Dream!!!!"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Evalueserve full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CIDA-01 department is headed by Bengalis so it's a perfect department for a Bengali to work! Any Bengali would love the mishti doi treatment they give only to Bengalis. They even give mass holidays on Durga Puja so that every Bengali can go to Kolkata to celebrate!
    Even if you have an IQ of 50 but you are a Bengali then no need to worry as CIDA-01 is your second home!
    All you need to do is some boot licking of the Bengali senior management and viola! You are promoted! Cheers!

Cons

As far as cons are concerned the entire CIDA-01 management is a con artist! They will make your stay in the organisation difficult with each passing day and if god forbid you dare to speak up for yourself then they threaten to spoil your image in the entire analytics industry! So spare yourself and never ever look in this direction! This department has nothing going on for itself except boot licking, dirty politics, favouritism and mental trauma!

Advice to Management

Please start paying attention to your company's image as it's deteriorating steeply! No talented person would like to work here as long as there is no solid management to take care of the future of young minds! Right now Analytics is headed by severely confused and non skilled set of people who belong to the same family and just don't have a care about company's image and policies!

"Worst company I´ve ever worked in"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Viña del Mar (Chile)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Viña del Mar (Chile)

Pros

Nothing. Salary might seem good but you will get stucked in it, and besides all you have to see frustrated people every day.

Cons

I never worked in such a disgusting work ambiance. When they interview you, they will try to offer a salary that you accept (take care, ask high because the next months are going to be the worst of your life, and you will have to stay there for nine hours), then, if they catch you in their political speech, you will think they give you all the support, but when you reach there..
    What happened with me: I went to the company full of expectations, and in the first "team meeting" they have, I was open and willing to be friends with everyone. I felt since the beginning they had personal issues or problems they could not restrain to themselves. Later I saw that it is better translated as frustration.
    Everybody in the company is married or dating someone IN the company. It is a very anti-meritocratic system that they adopt to retain you in it. My direct manager was a so frustrated woman that even when she smiled it was depressive to see her face. She hated me for some personal reason or problem, and started to find the minimal issues to pursue me in every single way. When she gave me feedback, she narrowed the bad parts only, smiling when she passed it to me. She did all the political and bureaucratic possible ways to take me out of the company, only to find latter that I was already taking another job offer, in a great company where people can deal with themselves. Needless to say, she had a relatively high position in the company (because everybody else left), and, the most curious part, because her husband-in-company had a even higher position. Still, was kind of sad looking at her face, and I am glad I don´t have to see such depressive features anymore.
    Despite that 95% of people are disgusting, and 2% are fake, I could say I´ve done a few good friends there (most of them left or are desperate to leave).
    There were also other people that had positions like "Senior Analyst" or "Team Lead", and cannot behave themselves professionally in a work ambiance (I mean, taking the personal issues from their work life). There as a woman that also filled all the reports she could about me in a bad way, judging from the way I move to other things. As of later, I got to know she had personal problems (and, to vary, "could not" deal with them).
    They will also put you through disgusting trainings that they presume to be very important and technical. Most of them add nothing, but latter they can say they work in EVS (what?) and did the training in "Tips for Searching at Google". Ah, there comes a major point. The company pretends to be like a consultancy, but in fact they do outsource work for bigger, real companies. And the worse of all - they have nothing to add. Most of the searching is done through Google, so... why paying for a service you can do yourself, and better?

Advice to Management

Rate and evaluate the managers, not only the entrants. The managers get comfortable and lazy in their positions, doing nothing besides watching over other people´s clothes and lives. I seriously think they have psychological problems. Besides this, they are all married (company lacks meritocracy and supports nepotism).

"Senior Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Evalueserve full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work life balance is good.

Cons

No major skill improvement
    Limited growth options

"Uneducated undeserving management"

Former Employee - Team Member in Viña del Mar (Chile)
    Former Employee - Team Member in Viña del Mar (Chile)

I worked at Evalueserve full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They will bring you to your comfort zone infact they will rust your brain and give you jobs like updating some cells in spreadsheet..

Cons

Zero learning, uneducated management specially in non english speaking cheap locations like Chile, worst work culture, a lot of regionalism and personal vendetta by seniors infact even country heads.
    Work life is mostly ok but these seniors give you stress that is outside the job.

Advice to Management

Please hire people on top level not based on the time but on skills, i had been part of a facility where the country head was not able to speak properly in town halls.