KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Evantage

Is this your company?

Evantage

Add a Review

Evantage Employee Reviews about "door to door"

Updated Jan 25, 2019

Found 5 of over 79 reviews

4.0
Evantage President Chris Auwarter (no image)
Chris Auwarter
Pros
  • "Great work environment, very positive, nurturing and team-oriented(in 6 reviews)

• "It is a great place to building interpersonal skill and learning to do it all by your own business model(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They tell you that you are a "marketing representative", but you are actually a door to door salesman(in 5 reviews)

• "long hours (8 am - 6 pm), hard to find parking some days(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Advertising

What career advice would you give your 30-year-old self? 😇

3,002

251 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "door to door"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

If you have money to spare and time to waste- this job is for you

Sep 30, 2014 - Account Executive in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very positive atmosphere. Plenty of sales games and motivators to recognize sales. The President, Chris, is very friendly and encouraging. The team leaders in general are very positive. This may be something someone would be interested in if you have the money to spare and time to put in before seeing any real compensation.

Cons

Compensation is a joke. Was originally told I would be paid for training, well I was... $50 a week. No big deal, I only had 2 weeks of training. Oh and the sales you get during training with other employees- you don't get commission. The territories are absolutely horrible. You get a list and walk door to door. The leads are bogus. At&t will claim that a customer can have their service on paper, but after you spend nearly an hour getting an application filled out, they say they don't get any. This is not a job for anyone that has bills to pay. If you are living with your parents and can afford to make $100 to $200 a pay check for 50 hour weeks then go for it. Oh, and you have mandatory team meetings after work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. When you do get "promoted" you do not get any type of raise, just title.

15 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for the time to review our firm. We appreciate the time you spent with us, and hope you were able to take some valuable sales skills. Our clients are always working on improving leads and those processes. There is a training bonus that can be earned as well. Sales is a job that for some people they make great money from the start, and some do take a little longer to get going strong, and we do invest time into people to help them learn the industry. That is why we spend time in and out of the office meeting and coaching them. Tuesday and Thursdays are not mandatory, but quite of few of our team members use that time to build relationships and meet with top performers so that they can improve.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Would not recommend it most instances

Apr 8, 2015 - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a good job just to get some experience on your resume if you are right out of college and can't get a job anywhere else. My advice would be do this for 6 months to a year to build some experience and then go somewhere else. On the plus side, there are lots of young people so it's probably a pretty good culture

Cons

No Base Salary, commission only. It's tough work in challenging weather conditions (cold winters, extreme heat in the summer) doing essentially door to door selling to businesses. Even once you get good at this, you would still be lucky to make 35,000 a year.

7 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. As a current employee we hope you will come and communicate with managment directly with your concerns. We actually do offer a base to employees based on experience. Most of our top performing reps that started on a base, came to us and asked to move to full commission in under a month because they are able to make even more money, but we are always open to go over options. Also, once someone is here for 6 to 12 months, and if they are progressing as they should, they should no longer be in an account representative role, but moving into management because of the rapid growth plan we provide. We also encourage you to reach out and set a gameplan with goals to fully understand your opportunities to grow and develop your career. We have some aggressive growth plans in 2015 and are excited to see which team members take full advantage of them.

3. 2.0

Recent college grads beware

Jan 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office is located in a great part of town

Cons

Recent college grads beware. Companies like this are a pyramid scheme. They tell you that you are a "marketing representative", but you are actually a door to door salesman. You work solely on commission. You arrive at the office in the morning and then have to drive for a little over an hour to your designated territory and go from door to door to all the small businesses you can find. If you don't perform, they won't hesitate to cut you loose and then bring in the next group of naive college grads.

24 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and high morale - return on investment of job duties and hours put in not close to being worth your time.

Dec 28, 2016 - Sales Representative in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really love the leadership, the training and investment the people make in each other. Very fun people to work with.

Cons

The job itself is awful. You'll have to drive hundreds of miles each week, go door to door and basically bother people, and then when you even make a sale, you make hardly anything. Not to mention, the hours are brutally long. 8:00am - 6:00pm. If you have a family, definitely not the job for you. You'll be lucky if you make $400 a week.

4 people found this review helpful

President

First of all, we would like to thank you for your time. We are glad to hear you really enjoyed the leadership, got great training and enjoyed the people on our team. I can also tell that you must have worked on some of our clients projects several years ago. At Evantage, we have handled multiple campaigns for our clients and it sounds like you worked on a campaign in which we were representing a client on a B2B sales program. We have expanded to new programs and no longer handle any B2B sales programs. We were very proud of the success we brought our clients, but as many companies do, we diversified and developed new sales and marketing programs for our clients. Our team members do not do any D2D sales, and although you mentioned it would be hard to have a family and work here, some of our most successful team members have families, and are very successful both personally and professionally. We understand to develop a successful career there any many paths, and we hope you find the path best for you. Thanks again for your feedback.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Full Commission - Beware!

Jan 21, 2013 - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun Atmosphere with tons of support!

Cons

Full commission position without paid training. Long hours walking door-to-door.

2 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for your response. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our atmosphere, and had some good support. We have even made some changes in regards to pay and incentives with new team members which we have found helpful for someone stepping into a new career. We understand the support and training needs to be there when someone is beginning a career that is new to them. We have an "open door" policy so that each team member can speak openly with Management about training and if they have concerns, so we can work with each person and their individual needs to help them learn and advance quickly once they begin their career with us.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews