Evariant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2019

3.9
Evariant CEO Clay Ritchey
Clay Ritchey
Pros
  • "Plenty of good and smart people to work with(in 7 reviews)

• "Great Autonomy; Great people; Delivery was nimble and open to suggestions and improvement(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Like any start-up, it is inevitable that there would be some growing pains(in 4 reviews)

• "They also frequently have mass lay offs and the turnaround time is horrific(in 3 reviews)

1. "Smart People, Great Products, Just the beginning.. 3,2,1 Liftoff"

Current Employee - Campaign Center Team

I have been working at Evariant full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Really Smart People that work hard because it matters. You should be prepared to work hard too! *Awesome Products that provide quantifiable value. *Market Opportunity - feels like it's the 1st inning. *Lots of opportunity to make an impact *Great Customers *Management/Leadership is impressive -- They practice what they preach - Example, the CEO, Clay engages all employees across all levels at a personal... level - likely knows everyone on a first name basis. Lastly, Our core values aren't just something that we tack up on a wall - the resonate.

Cons

Nothing major to note. Like any growing company - there can be internal silos -- however this is being addressed by focus on internal collaboration and new customer-first process (Keep up that great work.)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great focus on culture, collaboration and communication. Continue to provide opportunity for cross-department interaction as is part our our #AllTogether DNA.

Evariant2019-09-20

"Really not a bad company to work for. For me it was better than most."

Former Employee - Former Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at Evariant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I liked working at this company - mostly - life isn't a bed of roses. Plenty of good and smart people to work with. Most have trouble with change. Startup companies hire flexible out of the box thinking people; growth and controlling costs might alter sentiment. A successful turnaround would be nice to see.

Cons

Possible limited upward mobility. Must enter 5 words.

Advice to Management

Perhaps share the business model and especially the path to profitability below the C-Suite - if practical. Being inclusive with the bigger picture can discourage negativity and encourage participation.

Evariant2019-10-02
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Ok Place"

Current Employee - CAE in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Evariant full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart people who are making a difference.

Cons

Unstable leadership. They think they are awesome when there is really room for improvement.

Evariant2019-10-15
  5. "Never Heard Back"

Former Employee - Digital Media Associate

I worked at Evariant full-time for less than a year

Pros

great pay and benefits and paid time off

Cons

did an interview over the phone and never heard back from them again - atleast let me know I didn't get accepted

Advice to Management

Communication wasn't really great

Evariant2019-10-10

"Don’t work for Evariant, leadership say one thing to your face and behind the scenes, they act very unprofessionally."

I worked at Evariant

Pros

Some really dedicated, smart people work here.

Cons

The relationship between ‘leadership’, I.e. CEO, CGO etc and the co-founders is similar to bad, low budget comedy movie. Their marketing messaging and future goals are far outpacing the actual solutions being delivered to clients.

Advice to Management

None - it won’t be long before change occurs.

Evariant2019-09-15

"Amazing Marketing Co-op program provided me with opportunities and real value"

Former Employee - Marketing Events Co-op in Dedham, MA

I worked at Evariant full-time for less than a year

Pros

- As a co-op you receive real responsibility that has a big impact on the company - You feel valued and contribute real work -Supervisors always have your best interests and career development in mind -Will never be bored, always learning new skills and seeing 360 degrees around our Marketing process -Flexible and understanding management -Lot's of networking and a strong company culture

Cons

-It is a smaller company -Occasionally overwhelming workload

Evariant2019-08-29

"Stellar company with lots of opportunity."

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Evariant full-time for more than a year

Pros

From the top down, this company appreciates and values it’s employees. Fast growing technology company with intelligent, good people who make it an enjoyable environment to work within. Great place to learn and grow. Excellent work life balance. Flexiblity to work remotely makes for diligent, happy employees who are dedicated and committed to help the company be successful. Management is continually evolving in... a positive manner. Exciting to be part of a company that is quickly becoming a household name. The icing on the cake is that the CEO makes time to get to know each employee and listen to feedback. I’ve worked for many companies in my career (Fortune 500 and small start-ups) - Evariant is top list!

Cons

Honestly can’t think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue offering training for employees - courses are valuable. Don’t lose sight of the positive impact the company receives by offering the flexibility to work remotely. Happy employees = hard working, dedicated employees.

Evariant2019-07-19

"Innovative company Daring Mighty Things Altogether"

Current Employee - Practice Leader in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Evariant full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working for Evariant because I have the opportunity to learn and grow from so many talented individuals. Our clients are among the best health systems in the country, and I am proud we provide them with solutions that allow them to grow volumes, and develop Patients for Life.

Cons

As with many high-tech firms, Evariant has had some turnover. Some of this has been good, while some has created customer dissatisfaction. Insufficient team resources has impacted work-life balance at times.

Advice to Management

Please continue hiring the resources needed to keep pace with the rapid sales growth.

Evariant2019-07-18
  10. "Work hard and play hard"

Current Employee - Director in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Evariant full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company continues to exhibit phenomenal growth supported by the vision of the CEO and a talented Senior Leadership team. The employees are hard-working, dedicated and genuinely interested in improving our clients' performance. The support functions are very responsive, available and always prioritize the clients and the business units. Although change is constant, no one should feel alone. I have always had... positive results when reaching out cross-functionally and inter-departmentally for assistance. Benefits, Competitive pay, Free coffee and snacks & Company sponsored events

Cons

As with any growing company, especially in the technology space, change can be stressful. There are individual set-backs, but one must have the mindset to keep moving forward.

Advice to Management

Progress is met with periodic failures and we are asked to Dare Mighty Things, but nothing sustains perseverance like a few wins along the way. In such a fast paced and evolving climate, its important to acknowledge and celebrate wins at the employee, department and company level.

Evariant2019-07-03
  11. "Moving healthcare ahead with the best and brightest people you'll ever meet"

Current Employee - Vice President in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Evariant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Evariant's employees are some of the smartest and hardest working people I've ever worked with. We have had our fair share of growing pains and failures over the years, but we are still a cutting edge market leader because we learn from our mistakes and move on. We work hard and play hard. Our culture team keeps our snacks and fridges stocked, and frequently host events to bring us all together. You... need to understand and be comfortable with the constant change to work here. It is never boring. Leadership communicates frequently to celebrate wins, and have quarterly town halls keep everyone informed. Most executives have an open door policy, and value the insights, contributions and opinions of anyone in the organization.

Cons

We could all do a better job of defining roles and priorities across the organization so we understand how our jobs affect those in other departments or in other offices, and our own efforts towards Evariant's goals. While we have made great progress of eliminating silos across departments, there still remains geographical barriers that are challenging to overcome.

Advice to Management

Make sure that we are hiring people that will emulate our core values and are willing to work as hard as those of us who have been doing this for years. It's not about the number of hours people put in, it's about the effort and the outcome. Enable employees to utilize their unlimited vacation by ensuring cross-training and adequate coverage are available. Listen to people's advice and opinions with an open... mind and digest their views before reacting. Thank them for their honesty and willingness to offer their opinion, and don't ever shoot the messenger.

Evariant2019-06-21