Event Network "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Event Network Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jan 31, 2019

2.8
Event Network President Larry Gilbert
Larry Gilbert
Pros
  • "The Boston Childrens Museum is a fine Childrens(in 21 reviews)

• "Work environment, benefits & some genuinely nice co workers(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "In order to move up beyond store director (outside of purchasing), you must relocate to Park City, UT(in 10 reviews)

• "Not much work-life balance if at the retail stores(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Seasonal employee"

Former Intern - Sales Associate (Seasonal) in Chicago, IL

I worked at Event Network for less than a year

Pros

Pretty flexible schedule, interesting work environment, not very competitive, great seasonal job that never sprung surprises on you. Everything was super consistent and instructions were clear.

Cons

Not being able to work over 20 hours a week = less pay and harder to know your coworkers (I imagine this was only an issue for seasonal employees). They were so strict about the 20 hour thing that they would send people home if the stores weren't busy. Working at solo stores sucked, but my experience in the main store was great

Event Network2016-06-23

"Favoritism runs deep here"

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Event Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work environment, benefits & some genuinely nice co workers

Cons

Management, unprofessional, frequent realignments, overworked and shady

Event Network2019-01-15
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"This Place is a Dump!!"

Former Employee - Buyer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Event Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Beautiful work environment with backyard and nice patio area to eat lunch. On site gym and nice co-workers (we have to stick together).

Cons

If you're wondering why Event Network has a job posting for a new buyer or assistant buyer on Glassdoor every week, it's not because they are growing and looking to expand their teams. It's because the turnover of their buying staff is like a revolving door. As soon as one gets hired, 2 more get fired or quit. The problems here are endless. Morale is non-existent. Upper management is run by back stabbing,... bad mouthing goons with zero qualifications and serious Me Too issues. CEO can't bother to even live in the same state and pretends to be all about culture. CULTure is more like it. Can't help but notice the lack of diversity in this office (very suspicious in a highly diversified city like San Diego). Pay is laughable. Upper management is gone by 3pm but expects everyone to stay until your work is done. By the way, the work is NEVER done. You are underpaid and overworked with no chance of upward growth. If you have to travel, they ask that you either take the bus or have someone drop you off at the airport because they won't reimburse for you to take an Uber or park your car at the airport. You are constantly at war with accounts payable to get your vendors paid. System is the WORST. The list is endless. Please don't apply here, you will be sorry. But don't worry, if you have any remorse over not applying for the current buying job posting and wish you had, there'll be another one posted next week. If that isn't a red flag to you, then you might be perfect for the job after all.

Advice to Management

Offering advice to management is futile. They are the problem and any advice would simply fall on deaf ears.

Event Network2019-02-01
  5. "Former Employee"

I worked at Event Network part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They work well with your school schedule, it’s a fun job, and you learn a lot about leadership skills in a team work environment.

Cons

Late hours sometimes. They CUT your hours when the season is dead. My issue was my former boss not being okay with me leaving the company. Last weeks of working she didn’t talk to me or worked with me. So unprofessional she told everyone how I’d be leaving and she made it seem like i was the bad person and employee.

Advice to Management

If an employee wants to leave the company to better themselves for their careeer they should be encouraged. And management should not try and keep them. Also just because you offer more money and the same hours isn’t the same thing! No one can make an honest living working part time less than 25hrs a week.

Event Network2017-11-16

"Sales Associate"

I have been working at Event Network part-time

Pros

Other employees are nice. Work environment is nice.

Cons

Company doesn't care about its employees. Very unorganized.

Event Network2017-07-18
  7. "Sales Representative"

I have been working at Event Network

Pros

good work environment, better than any other retail

Cons

Part time really means part time they are very particular about how many hours you can get every week.

Event Network2016-04-14
  8. "Assistant Director"

I have been working at Event Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The staff makes it an enjoyable work environment, you get to work at exciting venues, staff is mainly college students and they keep you young

Cons

To move up in the company you may have to relocate out of state, the irregular schedule in days of the week to the hours of the day you may work depending on your venue.

Advice to Management

Always do your best to keep your staff in mind and their hard work they put into making everything run smoothly and successfully.

Event Network2016-01-26
  9. "It was a pleasure"

Sales Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Event Network

Pros

Great people, great atmosphere. Fun work environment; lots of small entertainment from corporate

Cons

not much benefits, expected to be flexible but not much hours offered

Event Network2015-06-28

"Operations - Corp Office"

in San Diego, CA

I worked at Event Network

Pros

Nice, clean work environment. Gym.

Cons

This place is a shiny and bright on the outside that soon fades once you are settled in. The company "Culture" is all smoke and mirrors. Management is one big click who has no care for the lives of everyone else. They make poor decisions that negatively affect all the people working very hard to keep the business churning.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse and out of your money/number obsession. Start living the culture you preach. Invest in your people!

Event Network2015-04-20
  11. "Sales Lead"

I have been working at Event Network

Pros

Great compensation Great Employees Great Work environment company values

Cons

None what so ever, the con is that it's retail, but even then it's still a good place to work at

Advice to Management

none

Event Network2014-10-08