Eventbrite Account Executive Reviews

1. 5.0

Great Company

Feb 21, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and employee benefits!

Cons

The company grew and did not have the space to accommodate the employees at the time, they made some changes, but they will most likely need a new office.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A good culture but a company that doesn’t take care of its employees

Mar 12, 2021 - SMB Account Executive in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and energetic Culture, competitive platform,

Cons

Low pay, not valued by leadership

Best of luck on your next adventure - DH

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worse for your mental health than an entry-level job at Goldman Sachs

Dec 21, 2020 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You may advance quickly - I was promoted two times in a year due to high turnover

Cons

If you are client-facing, those clients will constantly be angry with you, and they will have the right to be. During my time at Eventbrite, we did everything to lose trust, credibility, and honor with these people. Every promised feature was late. When it came, it wasn't complete. When it was completed, it wasn't like we told them it would be. When they were angry, we threw money at them (as we did during a renewal as well). Unsurprisingly, the external situation affected the internal situation in a negative way. Large chunks of my colleagues left for greener pastures. I've never seen turnover at this rate anywhere - not even close. The people that stayed took on all of the load from their departed co-workers, they became moody, and the office became a depressing place. By the time that HR was able to fill those roles (which sometimes took months), more people had left, more work was carried by even fewer hands, and the downward spiral continued down. This is the past of course - I have no idea if lessons will or have been learned. But I toughed it out for two and a half years and held on hoping for that change. It did not come, and I wouldn't bet on it for the future.

Eventbrite Response

Very sorry to hear of your experience and agree that 2020 was a very tough year indeed. Am very bullish that is changing in 2021 and we'll see a much better year for live events and Eventbrite / Britelings in particular. Thank you for all you did to help Eventbrite in your 2+ years - and helping your colleagues through 2020. Best of luck in the new adventure - DH

4. 3.0

Fun while it lasted

Aug 31, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked my team at Eventbrite

Cons

Getting fired in a zoom meeting with 60 other people

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for this feedback and best of luck on your next role - DH

5. 4.0

Great Place to Work

Apr 22, 2020 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits, free lunch everyday, great people and overall great culture. Overall I felt like my voice was heard the majority of the time

Cons

My sales team sometime felt forgotten about. Covid-19 basically wiped out the whole company

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for sharing and best of luck on your next adventure - DH

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Well meaning. Falls short

Jun 14, 2020 - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of perks. Was exciting for a while during IPO

Cons

Disorganized. Over processed. Don’t walk their talk.

Eventbrite Response

Thanks for your contributions to Eventbrite during such a formative few years. Best of luck in your next role! - DH

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work and great people

Jul 16, 2019 - Strategic Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Environment was fun and positive

Cons

Many people under the microscope

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Saturated Market - Over priced - Leaders

Jul 2, 2019 - Large Account Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. As with most tech offices, we get food..

Cons

If they promise you a dollar, you probably get $.50. Look at there stock before you buy into what they promise on the offer letter - I lost 6 months, plus working this saturated platform.

4 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Food an important perk but feeling fairly compensated is probably more important. And while SF and the stock market are both unpredictable creatures, we truly value our hub in this city and want to keep our talented folks around. If you're still with us in the Briteland, I want to make sure you feel heard. If you're open to it, grab a time slot to talk to our CEO 1:1 in her office hours. You can also reach out to bx@eventbrite or me personally. I'd love to talk about what you'd like to see. - Vivian Chaves, Community Director SF

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company to work for

May 13, 2014 - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Atmosphere- You just can't beat the startup atmosphere at a very successful, well funded, and growing company. It's contagious and makes you want to do all you can for the company. Sales Organization- The sales organization is structured for success and they do whatever is needed to help you succeed. Everyone here is excited to jump on the phone and make deals happen. As I mentioned before, it is very contagious. Fun and interesting weekly contest with great incentives to keep everyone engaged. Sales Management - Open to any and all ideas and in my short time here and I am already seeing my ideas being executed. Makes me want to be constantly coming up with more. Food: free lunch four days a weeks, breakfast twice a week, and dinner twice a week. Many different kinds of drinks to choose from along with beer on tap and plenty of happy hour events Office: We just moved into an amazing office downtown. My desk has a view of the city. The office is open and has many cool breakout areas. Stand up desks are also available. The stadium seating room is very cool and the conference rooms are different and unique. Ping pong, video games, etc Technology: Having great technology make my job selling easier.

Cons

No President's Club but I think we will get there.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Place I've Ever Worked!

Aug 18, 2014 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is forward-thnking and on the brink of something amazing. In my first 30 minutes as an employee, I felt more welcome than anywhere else I have ever worked. The benefits are amazing and having the ability to work from home has been a life saver for me. I also love that there is open communication from the top as well as across teams.

Cons

In working from home, I sometimes feel disconnected. We do have team meetings where we come together, but there is something to be said for in-office bonding as well. This is also a very young company, and by that I mean that most of the people here are young, including leadership. Nothing wrong with that except that as an older adult, I sometimes feel I am unable to relate.

5 people found this review helpful