Eventbrite Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Innovative company that cares about their employees and clients!"

Current Intern - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Eventbrite has a very fun and balanced culture. People are constantly working hard in all department to improve the platform and better serve their clients. It is great to see everything you actually do directly benefit the company and help them to continue to revolutionize the ticketing and events industry.

Cons

No complaints! You just have to remember while they are quickly growing Eventbrite is still in a start up phase, so there are a lot of internal processes still being developed and worked on constantly, so just be patient with this process.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The management team is open to all ideas and really want to not only help the company but your career grow as well!

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This review is solely for the Sales Department as I can't speak for the rest of the company. Originally, I came to Eventbrite for the people, and they are still what keep me here. Awesome, motivated individuals work here and it's a pleasure to come to work each day and learn from them.

Cons

Unfortunately, as of late morale has been at an all time low. In an effort to become profitable, the company has been letting valuable individuals go without any explanation to the rest of the team. This has resulted in a culture of fear and feelings of being disposable. Sales leadership doesn't make an effort to retain smart, driven and reliable employees, and Sales employees don't feel valued or heard by Sales leadership, creating a rift and a very top-down driven atmosphere. I wish I could say I feel like I could grow my career at Eventbrite but in it's current state, I feel disposable, overworked, underpaid, and frustrated.

Advice to Management

- Value your employees! Adopt less of an us versus you attitude and cultivate a culture of teamwork between Account Managers + Account Executives Alike

Nov 17, 2016 – Eventbrite

I agree that we get to work with truly incredible people every day! It's one of the reasons I love working at Eventbrite as well. Change can always be hard, and I hear your feedback and concerns. I... More

3. "Company with quality"

Current Employee - Account Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Quality in the work environment
    -Compliance with the quality of service provided

Cons

We need greater recognition in Brazil. We are moving towards this!

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and call-out about more recognition for the great work you all are doing in Brazil! Duly noted. :)

-- Julia Hartz, CEO

"London office - 5 stars"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Number one reason this is the best place I have worked is because this office has some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with - collaborative, hardworking, sociable and passionate.
    The leadership team are supportive and truly invested in our success.
    The right team is in place and this shows through the amazing results and growth we have had in the last year.

Cons

We do still have to be a bit scrappy to make things work for us locally, but I kind of like that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it’s working. Don’t change the core values.

Feb 23, 2018

Thanks for the feedback! Our growth in Europe is a direct result of the hard work your team puts in each day.

-Julia Hartz, CEO

"Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

- Amazing and unique company culture build on transparency
    - great team and fun work environment
    - learning culture (access to trainings)
    - many benefits (transport, wellness, food etc)
    - open for feebdback

Cons

- as much freedom you have at the same time you need to deliver and the company is quite demanding
    - it can take time to make changes to the process and product, especially when not based in San Fran

Advice to Management

If your are into the tech scene and would like the work for an international start up, it's definitely a great place to work.