Eventbrite Client Services Representative Reviews

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Feb 21, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and employee benefits!

Cons

The company grew and did not have the space to accommodate the employees at the time, they made some changes, but they will most likely need a new office.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not for everyone

Mar 25, 2021 - Client Support Representative/Customer Support Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, overall a great culture and opportunities for professional growth

Cons

Upper management seems to be completely blind to the needs of their clients, particularly those in the music industry. As a customer support rep, I initially loved the team I joined, but about a year into it, I started to feel micromanaged. Compensation, at least in Customer Support & Client Support, was a bit low for the amount of work and stress.

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for sharing this and thank you for your work during such a tricky time. Best of luck on the next adventure - DH

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worse for your mental health than an entry-level job at Goldman Sachs

Dec 21, 2020 - Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

You may advance quickly - I was promoted two times in a year due to high turnover

Cons

If you are client-facing, those clients will constantly be angry with you, and they will have the right to be. During my time at Eventbrite, we did everything to lose trust, credibility, and honor with these people. Every promised feature was late. When it came, it wasn't complete. When it was completed, it wasn't like we told them it would be. When they were angry, we threw money at them (as we did during a renewal as well). Unsurprisingly, the external situation affected the internal situation in a negative way. Large chunks of my colleagues left for greener pastures. I've never seen turnover at this rate anywhere - not even close. The people that stayed took on all of the load from their departed co-workers, they became moody, and the office became a depressing place. By the time that HR was able to fill those roles (which sometimes took months), more people had left, more work was carried by even fewer hands, and the downward spiral continued down. This is the past of course - I have no idea if lessons will or have been learned. But I toughed it out for two and a half years and held on hoping for that change. It did not come, and I wouldn't bet on it for the future.

1 person found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Very sorry to hear of your experience and agree that 2020 was a very tough year indeed. Am very bullish that is changing in 2021 and we'll see a much better year for live events and Eventbrite / Britelings in particular. Thank you for all you did to help Eventbrite in your 2+ years - and helping your colleagues through 2020. Best of luck in the new adventure - DH

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun while it lasted

Aug 31, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked my team at Eventbrite

Cons

Getting fired in a zoom meeting with 60 other people

1 person found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for this feedback and best of luck on your next role - DH

5. 5.0

Making an Impact not just on Events but Me

Nov 5, 2018 - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

3 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you! - Julia Hartz, CEO

6. 5.0

Positive Culture, Challenging Work

Aug 19, 2019 - Client Representative in Galesburg, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team-oriented environment. Coworkers are eager to assist one another. Laidback office with complimentary food/snacks. Management is flexible, understanding, and trustful. Day-to-day is full of problem-solving so there's variety.

Cons

Disorganized resources (difficult to find the most relevant material with constant product updates). Too many communication platforms. There's a company-wide sense of stress at this moment due to company acquisitions.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, but the job sucks

Jul 24, 2019 - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Catered lunches, snacks, drinks, friendly team, great office, free parking downtown..

Cons

The job itself really sucks. People call, email, and chat in all day to complain about the product.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Client Experience Rep

Aug 23, 2016 - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits, fun work environment, learning culture, daily lunches provided (healthy, too) along with an endless supply of snacks in the office as well. Opportunities to be involved in a lot of different ways such as working on committee to plan office events, interact with other teams, and collaborate on projects.

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities from this position in the Nashville office, perceived favoritism for some team members, capped pay and removal of bonus structure. Slow to backfill positions when people leave. There's also a lot of turnover in the customer support department.

VP, People

Thanks for the feedback. We value career growth and know it's important to our Britelings. Having led our CX team for 6 years, I personally know many members of our CX team who've been with Eventbrite for more than 5 years and grown their careers with us! There are opportunities to move up within the CX team and also within the broader company. With the growth of our sales team in Nashville I also think it's a wonderful opportunity to continue to grow. Happy to chat more about your path anytime. -Dana Kilian VP, People

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Place I've Ever Worked!

Aug 18, 2014 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is forward-thnking and on the brink of something amazing. In my first 30 minutes as an employee, I felt more welcome than anywhere else I have ever worked. The benefits are amazing and having the ability to work from home has been a life saver for me. I also love that there is open communication from the top as well as across teams.

Cons

In working from home, I sometimes feel disconnected. We do have team meetings where we come together, but there is something to be said for in-office bonding as well. This is also a very young company, and by that I mean that most of the people here are young, including leadership. Nothing wrong with that except that as an older adult, I sometimes feel I am unable to relate.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

"Make it happen" people flourish in the Briteland

Aug 18, 2014 - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The customer support department has a "work from anywhere" policy that's changed my work-life balance for the better. Being told, collectively, that we work as one team regardless of physical location has changed our individual work habits and enabled us to all accomplish more at and outside of work. - We only hire smart, capable people here who are also really nice and ego-free more often than not, which means you'll really like working with others here. - I feel like there's room to grow within the company so I don't worry about working myself out of a job. - We're encouraged to solve problems without asking for permission. - Quarterly hackathons - Catered meals every day (most lunches, cold breakfast always available, some hot dinners) and snacks/beverages - Dog-friendly office - Transportation and wellness stipends - Pick-up for FedEx, USPS, UPS

Cons

- Sometimes middle management isn't great at communicating e-staff vision to the "doers" and bringing back feedback from their reports to higher management. - Our processes as a company are still very much a work in progress, which means sometimes things can feel chaotic - Sometimes "making it happen" requires resources you don't control and it can be hard to get what you need to solve a problem

Be the first to find this review helpful