Eventbrite Customer Experience Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for especially if you value work environments"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Work from home
    Employees are treated like assets

Cons

Fast paced ever changing workplace. You have to meet stats if you will be fired, I was.

Advice to Management

Cut down on the emails and meetings

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback and sharing your experience. I wholeheartedly agree on your emails and meetings advice!

I'm sorry it didn't work out at Eventbrite but do sincerely wish you the... More

"Client Experience Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, fun work environment, learning culture, daily lunches provided (healthy, too) along with an endless supply of snacks in the office as well. Opportunities to be involved in a lot of different ways such as working on committee to plan office events, interact with other teams, and collaborate on projects.

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities from this position in the Nashville office, perceived favoritism for some team members, capped pay and removal of bonus structure. Slow to backfill positions when people leave. There's also a lot of turnover in the customer support department.

Advice to Management

Eventbrite is a fun place to work, but it's not really a place that one can work long-term unless you're an engineer, marketer, etc. The customer support team works very hard, yet there are very limited opportunities for advancement and what opportunities there are seem to go to those perceived as favorites of team leads and other managers. When I first came to Eventbrite, I was so optimistic about my future here. Now, I feel that I can't advance and will soon have to find somewhere else to work. That saddens me. I really like Eventbrite!

I do want to thank you for the amazing benefits provided. I will be hard pressed to find comparable benefits elsewhere in Nashville.

Nov 10, 2016 – VP, People

Thanks for the feedback. We value career growth and know it's important to our Britelings. Having led our CX team for 6 years, I personally know many members of our CX team who've been with... More

3. "Outstanding company!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has been an amazing experience to be a part of this company. The culture and work environment are awesome and everybody is extremely supportive of one another. I couldn't ask for a better work/life balance (in my position, you can work from home!) and the benefits are outstanding. Our leadership is fantastic and transparent about changes within the company. You feel like you are actually a part of something rather than just another employee.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind, and I wouldn't necessarily call it a con since this is a growing company, but it would be great to have a clearer sense in regard to career growth and opportunities. I understand that with a company growing this quickly, changes happen frequently so it is difficult to really pinpoint a career path.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and keep doing what you do! Everybody has been great so I couldn't ask for more!

"Great place to work, very flexible!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros:
    Very flexible scheduling
    Mostly work from home
    All necessary equipment provided
    Excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, wellness reimbursement, work from home stipend)
    Compensation is very competitive
    Co-workers are all very friendly and easy to get along with

Cons

Cons:
    Company is a little disorganized
    Policies and procedures are changed very frequently, so it's sometimes hard to keep up
    Management is not always aligned on policies, but team leads are given near-absolute authority

Advice to Management

Eventbrite needs more structure and organization. There need to be clear policies for employees, and everyone should have to follow the same rules, regardless of their supervisors. The policies shouldn't change as often as they do. Employees need stability in that regard.

5. "Eventbrite"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great work culture
    great product
    lots of nice perks

Cons

product changes a lot and sometimes planning can be difficult for mgmt to juggle.

adaptability/flexibility necessary more than with many jobs

Advice to Management

doing fine

6. "BEST EMPLOYER EVER!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is so amazing it’s hard to describe it in a few sentences. My favorite part from the beginning have been the positive vibes that are constantly present in the office. Management makes sure that you are always happy and provide you with everything you need, from supporting you with the technical aspects of your jobs to helping you deal with health issues! They’re very human, and it makes it so easy to work there. As the company is growing, they also make sure everyone feels part of the evolution, so honestly I couldn’t find anything bad to say!

Cons

If you are a hard worker who enjoys having fun and helping your colleagues, this is the right place! If you’re looking for a regular 9-5 job though, where you simply execute your tasks and go home - then you might struggle.

Advice to Management

I’ve rarely met such an empathetic and helpful management team, and just advise you to stay this way in the future!

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am so proud of the team in Cork and appreciate your advice... I hope to see you all soon!

-- Julia Hartz, CEO