Eventbrite Customer Experience Representative Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2019

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

"Great company, but the job sucks"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Catered lunches, snacks, drinks, friendly team, great office, free parking downtown..

Cons

The job itself really sucks. People call, email, and chat in all day to complain about the product.

"Great company to work for, still some work to do"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies - Excellent benefits and perks (low-cost health insurance, daily catered lunch, wellness stipend to name a few). - The best collective group of people that I've ever worked with. Intelligent, empathetic, and innovative. Learned how to collaborate, fail, and lead through working with such talented folks. - Constant growth and change = Unparalleled professional development.

Cons

- There could be more intentional professional development for EB employees. Change and growth allow us to discover and develop our skillsets, but I often felt that the org could take a more active and intentional role in professional development. - Direct pay seems slightly under market value. Overall compensation package plus perks seem fair, all things considered.

May 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and advice on where we could invest and engage more in professional development. I agree and there is a lot under way to up-level our development work and intentional career coaching framework. My goal is to have a very different development experience humming by year's end and we're already seeing seeds of this sprout under Mary's leadership. Keep up the great feedback! - Julia Hartz, CEO

3. "Great company to work for especially if you value work environments"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule Work from home Employees are treated like assets

Cons

Fast paced ever changing workplace. You have to meet stats if you will be fired, I was.

April 26, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback and sharing your experience. I wholeheartedly agree on your emails and meetings advice! I'm sorry it didn't work out at Eventbrite but do sincerely wish you the best of luck in your next job. - Julia Hartz, CEO

"Great place to develop your career"

Former Employee - Briteling Experience in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

-Challenging problems to work on - Company Culture -Benefits & perks are up to par with the big silicon valley tech companies -Out of the box thinking on people programs -Leaders provide you autonomy which helps you fast track development -Leaders are truly invested in creating a career best experience for employees -Employees really care about the company and a majority put in 200% effort -I came across some of the kindest & smartest people i've met in my career at Eventbrite -I wouldn't have left the company if I hadn't moved out of the area

Cons

-Communication across the different functions can be complicated at times. But most companies experience similar communication challenges when rapidly scaling. Leadership was receptive to this feedback. At the time I left, they were focused on solving for this and finding the right balance of communication.

"Client Experience Rep"

Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite for more than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits, fun work environment, learning culture, daily lunches provided (healthy, too) along with an endless supply of snacks in the office as well. Opportunities to be involved in a lot of different ways such as working on committee to plan office events, interact with other teams, and collaborate on projects.

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities from this position in the Nashville office, perceived favoritism for some team members, capped pay and removal of bonus structure. Slow to backfill positions when people leave. There's also a lot of turnover in the customer support department.

November 10, 2016VP, People

Thanks for the feedback. We value career growth and know it's important to our Britelings. Having led our CX team for 6 years, I personally know many members of our CX team who've been with Eventbrite for more than 5 years and grown their careers with us! There are opportunities to move up within the CX team and also within the broader company. With the growth of our sales team in Nashville I also think it's a wonderful opportunity to continue to grow. Happy to chat more about your path anytime. -Dana Kilian VP, People

6. "Bringing People Together--the best people!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fabulous people; great environment. Eventbrite exists to "Bring People Together through the Experience of Live Events". The amazing part is the company lives out its mission in the way they bring work teams together. It is a warm, welcoming, fun culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. For a tech company that allows employees to work remotely, Eventbrite is intentional about cultivating a fun, positive, high performance, high-relationship culture.

Cons

If you're not comfortable in an environment that is always evolving and constantly changing, Eventbrite would not be a good fit for you. Because it is a constantly evolving product and workplace, clear career tracks aren't immediately discernible.

7. "Outstanding company!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

It has been an amazing experience to be a part of this company. The culture and work environment are awesome and everybody is extremely supportive of one another. I couldn't ask for a better work/life balance (in my position, you can work from home!) and the benefits are outstanding. Our leadership is fantastic and transparent about changes within the company. You feel like you are actually a part of something rather than just another employee.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind, and I wouldn't necessarily call it a con since this is a growing company, but it would be great to have a clearer sense in regard to career growth and opportunities. I understand that with a company growing this quickly, changes happen frequently so it is difficult to really pinpoint a career path.

Continue reading

"Great place to work, very flexible!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros: Very flexible scheduling Mostly work from home All necessary equipment provided Excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, wellness reimbursement, work from home stipend) Compensation is very competitive Co-workers are all very friendly and easy to get along with

Cons

Cons: Company is a little disorganized Policies and procedures are changed very frequently, so it's sometimes hard to keep up Management is not always aligned on policies, but team leads are given near-absolute authority

Continue reading
  9. "Great culture with expected growth pains"

4.0
    Customer Experience Associate

I have been working at Eventbrite

Pros

Incredible benefits. Promotions are given to those that deserve them. Compensation is fair. Opportunities for OT.

Cons

Pain points when trying to move into other areas of the company. Some have found it difficult to move laterally or vertically from their current positions.

"Great job"

Client Experience Team in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite for more than a year

Pros

-WFH -in-office chef made lunch -understanding management -positive culture -tech centered

Cons

-transparency -scheduling -inflexible at times -pay -raise structure

Found 14 reviews