Find jobs for Customer Service Representative

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Feb 21, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and employee benefits!

Cons

The company grew and did not have the space to accommodate the employees at the time, they made some changes, but they will most likely need a new office.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worse for your mental health than an entry-level job at Goldman Sachs

Dec 21, 2020 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You may advance quickly - I was promoted two times in a year due to high turnover

Cons

If you are client-facing, those clients will constantly be angry with you, and they will have the right to be. During my time at Eventbrite, we did everything to lose trust, credibility, and honor with these people. Every promised feature was late. When it came, it wasn't complete. When it was completed, it wasn't like we told them it would be. When they were angry, we threw money at them (as we did during a renewal as well). Unsurprisingly, the external situation affected the internal situation in a negative way. Large chunks of my colleagues left for greener pastures. I've never seen turnover at this rate anywhere - not even close. The people that stayed took on all of the load from their departed co-workers, they became moody, and the office became a depressing place. By the time that HR was able to fill those roles (which sometimes took months), more people had left, more work was carried by even fewer hands, and the downward spiral continued down. This is the past of course - I have no idea if lessons will or have been learned. But I toughed it out for two and a half years and held on hoping for that change. It did not come, and I wouldn't bet on it for the future.

Eventbrite Response

Very sorry to hear of your experience and agree that 2020 was a very tough year indeed. Am very bullish that is changing in 2021 and we'll see a much better year for live events and Eventbrite / Britelings in particular. Thank you for all you did to help Eventbrite in your 2+ years - and helping your colleagues through 2020. Best of luck in the new adventure - DH

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun while it lasted

Aug 31, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked my team at Eventbrite

Cons

Getting fired in a zoom meeting with 60 other people

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for this feedback and best of luck on your next role - DH

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Place I've Ever Worked!

Aug 18, 2014 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is forward-thnking and on the brink of something amazing. In my first 30 minutes as an employee, I felt more welcome than anywhere else I have ever worked. The benefits are amazing and having the ability to work from home has been a life saver for me. I also love that there is open communication from the top as well as across teams.

Cons

In working from home, I sometimes feel disconnected. We do have team meetings where we come together, but there is something to be said for in-office bonding as well. This is also a very young company, and by that I mean that most of the people here are young, including leadership. Nothing wrong with that except that as an older adult, I sometimes feel I am unable to relate.

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

"Make it happen" people flourish in the Briteland

Aug 18, 2014 - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The customer support department has a "work from anywhere" policy that's changed my work-life balance for the better. Being told, collectively, that we work as one team regardless of physical location has changed our individual work habits and enabled us to all accomplish more at and outside of work. - We only hire smart, capable people here who are also really nice and ego-free more often than not, which means you'll really like working with others here. - I feel like there's room to grow within the company so I don't worry about working myself out of a job. - We're encouraged to solve problems without asking for permission. - Quarterly hackathons - Catered meals every day (most lunches, cold breakfast always available, some hot dinners) and snacks/beverages - Dog-friendly office - Transportation and wellness stipends - Pick-up for FedEx, USPS, UPS

Cons

- Sometimes middle management isn't great at communicating e-staff vision to the "doers" and bringing back feedback from their reports to higher management. - Our processes as a company are still very much a work in progress, which means sometimes things can feel chaotic - Sometimes "making it happen" requires resources you don't control and it can be hard to get what you need to solve a problem

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company! Growing but Priorities are right!

Aug 15, 2014 - Customer Service Representative in Nash, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking for a company that values it's people and the growth of it's employees this is it. If you are looking for a company that is willing to empower you with all the tools needed to make a difference in the customers world this is it. If you are looking for a company that really stands true to it's spoken values then this is it. It is a young company with so much growth potential and it is growing into a Love Brand quickly.

Cons

My only fear is that it will begin to take shape to that of Apple. As a former employee I saw a company that strived for excellence but forgot what it meant to take care of it's employees! Many people left Apple to be apart of Eventbrite because our Founders understand that if the employees are well cared for then they will care for the customers and it will come naturally!

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Account Manager

Nov 15, 2016 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This review is solely for the Sales Department as I can't speak for the rest of the company. Originally, I came to Eventbrite for the people, and they are still what keep me here. Awesome, motivated individuals work here and it's a pleasure to come to work each day and learn from them.

Cons

Unfortunately, as of late morale has been at an all time low. In an effort to become profitable, the company has been letting valuable individuals go without any explanation to the rest of the team. This has resulted in a culture of fear and feelings of being disposable. Sales leadership doesn't make an effort to retain smart, driven and reliable employees, and Sales employees don't feel valued or heard by Sales leadership, creating a rift and a very top-down driven atmosphere. I wish I could say I feel like I could grow my career at Eventbrite but in it's current state, I feel disposable, overworked, underpaid, and frustrated.

7 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite

I agree that we get to work with truly incredible people every day! It's one of the reasons I love working at Eventbrite as well. Change can always be hard, and I hear your feedback and concerns. I believe we are on the cusp of something big, and we've all had to work extremely hard this year to help Eventbrite reach those stretch goals. I greatly appreciate the contribution of everyone on the team, and never want team members to feel undervalued for their contributions or disposable in any way. Though we strongly believe in transparency at Eventbrite, explanations around why an individual has left the team are a personal matter. It is important to respect an individual's privacy when they leave the organization, and it is not my place to call out the reason that an employee is leaving or share specific details. That said, I am a firm believer in promoting and embracing a culture of honest and open employee feedback, and I would love to chat with you directly about ways we can work together to address your concerns and ensure that your voice and ideas are heard. I would encourage you to reach out to me or your manager to discuss further. --- Paul Liebman, Sr. Director, Account Management

8. 5.0

New Part-Time CSR Employee in Nashville

Aug 15, 2014 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, the culture, the product, ALL THE THINGS. The hiring process was very efficient and they did not waste time asking the same questions different ways, repeatedly. They really know who they are looking for and seek them out. Persnoally, I feel really at home here and everyone is very warm and supportive. Their transparency really makes you feel like you're WITH them all the way. Also, there are snacks.

Cons

Office is a bit small for so much rapid growth (but as we can work from home, that isn't so bad!) at the new Nashville location, parking at hotel (for training) and outside the office (only a few allotted spots) might get a bit difficult/expensive.

9. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Innovative company that cares about their employees and clients!

Aug 15, 2014 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Eventbrite has a very fun and balanced culture. People are constantly working hard in all department to improve the platform and better serve their clients. It is great to see everything you actually do directly benefit the company and help them to continue to revolutionize the ticketing and events industry.

Cons

No complaints! You just have to remember while they are quickly growing Eventbrite is still in a start up phase, so there are a lot of internal processes still being developed and worked on constantly, so just be patient with this process.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company to work for and one that cares about it's employees

Aug 15, 2016 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the perks: Excellent Benefits, Team Outings, Free Lunch, High Performance Culture, comfortable workspace, Wellness Benefit, Great coworkers. The management and executive staff truly values the employees and there is a constant importance placed on the overall well-being of employees. There is also importance placed on career progression and the company holds excellent learning/career development opportunities each month.

Cons

Very few, if any. You need to be able to adapt quickly to change, but that is only a con if you're not prepared for change! The pay isn't as much as I made at my previous employer, but the benefits make up for the lower wages.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews