Eventbrite Customer Service Representative Reviews

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good culture and employee benefits!

Cons

The company grew and did not have the space to accommodate the employees at the time, they made some changes, but they will most likely need a new office.

Eventbrite2020-02-21

"Core values don't pay the bills"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

I joined for the amazing benefits, although from what I understand the fully covered healthcare (that actually provides coverage) is the only remaining benefit. Can’t confirm if the $60/month gym reimbursement still exists or not. Unfortunately, grocery reimbursement, flexible scheduling, the option to work from home, and unlimited PTO no longer exist. This is a good job if you enjoy being bombarded by tech illiterate, irate callers at 1am on a Saturday and having a manager who preaches about teamwork making the dream work tell you that they don't feel like helping you.

Cons

The company claims to promote transparency, autonomy, authenticity, and growth but fails to practice what they preach. The leaders would schedule Q&A sessions with the team and then plant questions of their own in an attempt to avoid addressing the issues that plagued the CX team. CX reps would repeatedly endure abuse from callers regarding the platform's constantly changing features and the greater team would not be held accountable. Oops, an engineer accidentally turned off the payment processor and went on vacation? Just use your *Make it Happen* spirit. Someone in the SF office would love to help you but they’re tied up with yoga or in the Manicube. Compensation is based on a variety of factors, including how active you are in the team’s drinking cult. Not a place to work if you’re not a fan of getting obliterated in your office.

Eventbrite2017-08-07

Eventbrite Response

August 14, 2017Recruiting Coordinator

Looking across our global Customer Experience team, Nashville has arguably gone through the most change in these past 3 years. From 40 to now over 120 people in this location, the expansion has moved us into a larger office space and forced us to reimagine how we work together as teams. Part of this has meant hearing feedback and iterating on what benefits our teams find most valuable. I'm proud to share that we now grant stock to everyone joining the Nashville Customer Experience organization full-time. In addition, we're giving each Nashville team member access to complimentary parking next to the building, and catering food to the office 5 days a week. In the past 3 months, we've also launched a team in Australia, which offers great time zone coverage, and allows us to be less reliant on U.S. team members to work late-night shifts. Appreciate the feedback you've shared here, and it has sparked a valuable conversation amongst our leadership team. There are learnings that we're applying not just to the team here in Nashville, but also to our smaller teams around the globe as they begin to go through exciting stages of growth and development. If you're up for sharing more detail about your experience, I'd love to chat, and encourage you to reach out via email. - Courtney Duhring, Head of Customer Experience

3. "Excellent company to work for and one that cares about it's employees"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the perks: Excellent Benefits, Team Outings, Free Lunch, High Performance Culture, comfortable workspace, Wellness Benefit, Great coworkers. The management and executive staff truly values the employees and there is a constant importance placed on the overall well-being of employees. There is also importance placed on career progression and the company holds excellent learning/career development opportunities each month.

Cons

Very few, if any. You need to be able to adapt quickly to change, but that is only a con if you're not prepared for change! The pay isn't as much as I made at my previous employer, but the benefits make up for the lower wages.

Eventbrite2016-08-15

"Best Place I've Ever Worked!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is forward-thnking and on the brink of something amazing. In my first 30 minutes as an employee, I felt more welcome than anywhere else I have ever worked. The benefits are amazing and having the ability to work from home has been a life saver for me. I also love that there is open communication from the top as well as across teams.

Cons

In working from home, I sometimes feel disconnected. We do have team meetings where we come together, but there is something to be said for in-office bonding as well. This is also a very young company, and by that I mean that most of the people here are young, including leadership. Nothing wrong with that except that as an older adult, I sometimes feel I am unable to relate.

Eventbrite2014-08-18

"BEST company around!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Eventbrite really brings to life the "Make it Happen Spirit!" Believe me, this is not your average company! Kevin & Julia are truly passionate about their customers and employees alike. Between generous benefits, an awesome work space, supportive staff and of course many other awesome perks (shhhhhh), Eventbrite has brought a whole new meaning to "love brand!"

Cons

Hands down, just way too many amazing people in one office...it really should be a crime.

Eventbrite2014-08-15

"A big company that still hold onto it's humility"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's great being able to work with a company that hasn't grown to large that they forget who's important in the day to day functions of the business. Eventbrite has a great culture of independence and encourages employees to be unique. However, they actually make you feel welcome.

Cons

They don't have a 401-K matching plan yet; but I can understand as they're still growing. Hopefully the new Nashville office can grow to a size that allows those who don't want to work from the option. Sign-up lists aren't very inviting.

Eventbrite2014-08-15

"New Part-Time CSR Employee in Nashville"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, the culture, the product, ALL THE THINGS. The hiring process was very efficient and they did not waste time asking the same questions different ways, repeatedly. They really know who they are looking for and seek them out. Persnoally, I feel really at home here and everyone is very warm and supportive. Their transparency really makes you feel like you're WITH them all the way. Also, there are snacks.

Cons

Office is a bit small for so much rapid growth (but as we can work from home, that isn't so bad!) at the new Nashville location, parking at hotel (for training) and outside the office (only a few allotted spots) might get a bit difficult/expensive.

Eventbrite2014-08-15
  8. "Incredible company that cares about its employees!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am so excited that Eventbrite chose Nashville as their second US location. They hire incredible people who are a blast to work with, and the benefits are outstanding (at least for those of us coming from outside of the tech world). I look forward to growing with the company and seeing, specifically, how Nashville's office continues to evolve.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any cons yet.

Eventbrite2014-08-15
  9. ""Make it happen" people flourish in the Briteland"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The customer support department has a "work from anywhere" policy that's changed my work-life balance for the better. Being told, collectively, that we work as one team regardless of physical location has changed our individual work habits and enabled us to all accomplish more at and outside of work. - We only hire smart, capable people here who are also really nice and ego-free more often than not, which means you'll really like working with others here. - I feel like there's room to grow within the company so I don't worry about working myself out of a job. - We're encouraged to solve problems without asking for permission. - Quarterly hackathons - Catered meals every day (most lunches, cold breakfast always available, some hot dinners) and snacks/beverages - Dog-friendly office - Transportation and wellness stipends - Pick-up for FedEx, USPS, UPS

Cons

- Sometimes middle management isn't great at communicating e-staff vision to the "doers" and bringing back feedback from their reports to higher management. - Our processes as a company are still very much a work in progress, which means sometimes things can feel chaotic - Sometimes "making it happen" requires resources you don't control and it can be hard to get what you need to solve a problem

Eventbrite2014-08-19
  10. "Great, fun, rewarding place to work!"

4.0

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the people I work with. Everyone is fun and energetic and nice. I love that the company lets you be you and gives you time to do so.

Cons

We don't have a 401(k) matching plan yet, but I'm sure it will come eventually.

Eventbrite2014-08-16