Eventbrite Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Julia Hartz
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Excellent company to work for and one that cares about it's employees"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the perks: Excellent Benefits, Team Outings, Free Lunch, High Performance Culture, comfortable workspace, Wellness Benefit, Great coworkers.

The management and executive staff truly values the employees and there is a constant importance placed on the overall well-being of employees.

There is also importance placed on career progression and the company holds excellent learning/career development opportunities each month.

Cons

Very few, if any. You need to be able to adapt quickly to change, but that is only a con if you're not prepared for change! The pay isn't as much as I made at my previous employer, but the benefits make up for the lower wages.

"Core values don't pay the bills"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

I joined for the amazing benefits, although from what I understand the fully covered healthcare (that actually provides coverage) is the only remaining benefit. Can’t confirm if the $60/month gym reimbursement still exists or not.

Unfortunately, grocery reimbursement, flexible scheduling, the option to work from home, and unlimited PTO no longer exist.

This is a good job if you enjoy being bombarded by tech illiterate, irate callers at 1am on a Saturday and having a manager who preaches about teamwork making the dream work tell you that they don't feel like helping you.

Cons

The company claims to promote transparency, autonomy, authenticity, and growth but fails to practice what they preach. The leaders would schedule Q&A sessions with the team and then plant questions of their own in an attempt to avoid addressing the issues that plagued the CX team.

CX reps would repeatedly endure abuse from callers regarding the platform's constantly changing features and the greater team would not be held accountable. Oops, an engineer accidentally turned off the payment processor and went on vacation? Just use your *Make it Happen* spirit. Someone in the SF office would love to help you but they’re tied up with yoga or in the Manicube.

Compensation is based on a variety of factors, including how active you are in the team’s drinking cult. Not a place to work if you’re not a fan of getting obliterated in your office.

Advice to Management

Recognize that working in an office aside from SF doesn't make your employees inferior. Refrain from telling employees in Nashville that they don't get the same benefits that the rest of the team in SF gets because "you didn't think people in Tennessee could understand how stock works."

Don't require your employees to work from the tiny, loud office if you don't have enough seats for them and can't provide parking because "Julia Hartz pays for her own parking pass in San Francisco." Last I checked, the CEO makes a little more than $15/hr.

Finally, consider your employees before the callers for once -- stop planning team bonding activities without allowing everyone to join and incentivize your team with something other than a worn, sweaty boot.

Eventbrite Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Looking across our global Customer Experience team, Nashville has arguably gone through the most change in these past 3 years. From 40 to now over 120 people in this location, the expansion has moved... More

"Best Place I've Ever Worked!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is forward-thnking and on the brink of something amazing. In my first 30 minutes as an employee, I felt more welcome than anywhere else I have ever worked. The benefits are amazing and having the ability to work from home has been a life saver for me. I also love that there is open communication from the top as well as across teams.

Cons

In working from home, I sometimes feel disconnected. We do have team meetings where we come together, but there is something to be said for in-office bonding as well. This is also a very young company, and by that I mean that most of the people here are young, including leadership. Nothing wrong with that except that as an older adult, I sometimes feel I am unable to relate.

Advice to Management

Love the benefits you provide; they are awesome and thank you! Career advancement opportunities are vague. I have no clue what my career path could be with Eventbrite. We need more transparency here and clearer communication.

"BEST company around!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eventbrite really brings to life the "Make it Happen Spirit!" Believe me, this is not your average company! Kevin & Julia are truly passionate about their customers and employees alike. Between generous benefits, an awesome work space, supportive staff and of course many other awesome perks (shhhhhh), Eventbrite has brought a whole new meaning to "love brand!"

Cons

Hands down, just way too many amazing people in one office...it really should be a crime.

"New Part-Time CSR Employee in Nashville"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, the culture, the product, ALL THE THINGS. The hiring process was very efficient and they did not waste time asking the same questions different ways, repeatedly. They really know who they are looking for and seek them out. Persnoally, I feel really at home here and everyone is very warm and supportive. Their transparency really makes you feel like you're WITH them all the way. Also, there are snacks.

Cons

Office is a bit small for so much rapid growth (but as we can work from home, that isn't so bad!) at the new Nashville location, parking at hotel (for training) and outside the office (only a few allotted spots) might get a bit difficult/expensive.

Advice to Management

To our jumpers / seeders in Nashville, keep being awesome.

"A big company that still hold onto it's humility"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's great being able to work with a company that hasn't grown to large that they forget who's important in the day to day functions of the business. Eventbrite has a great culture of independence and encourages employees to be unique. However, they actually make you feel welcome.

Cons

They don't have a 401-K matching plan yet; but I can understand as they're still growing. Hopefully the new Nashville office can grow to a size that allows those who don't want to work from the option. Sign-up lists aren't very inviting.

Advice to Management

So far, so great!

7. ""Make it happen" people flourish in the Briteland"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The customer support department has a "work from anywhere" policy that's changed my work-life balance for the better. Being told, collectively, that we work as one team regardless of physical location has changed our individual work habits and enabled us to all accomplish more at and outside of work.
    - We only hire smart, capable people here who are also really nice and ego-free more often than not, which means you'll really like working with others here.
    - I feel like there's room to grow within the company so I don't worry about working myself out of a job.
    - We're encouraged to solve problems without asking for permission.
    - Quarterly hackathons
    - Catered meals every day (most lunches, cold breakfast always available, some hot dinners) and snacks/beverages
    - Dog-friendly office
    - Transportation and wellness stipends
    - Pick-up for FedEx, USPS, UPS

Cons

- Sometimes middle management isn't great at communicating e-staff vision to the "doers" and bringing back feedback from their reports to higher management.
    - Our processes as a company are still very much a work in progress, which means sometimes things can feel chaotic
    - Sometimes "making it happen" requires resources you don't control and it can be hard to get what you need to solve a problem

8. "Great Company! Growing but Priorities are right!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nash, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nash, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a company that values it's people and the growth of it's employees this is it. If you are looking for a company that is willing to empower you with all the tools needed to make a difference in the customers world this is it. If you are looking for a company that really stands true to it's spoken values then this is it.

It is a young company with so much growth potential and it is growing into a Love Brand quickly.

Cons

My only fear is that it will begin to take shape to that of Apple. As a former employee I saw a company that strived for excellence but forgot what it meant to take care of it's employees! Many people left Apple to be apart of Eventbrite because our Founders understand that if the employees are well cared for then they will care for the customers and it will come naturally!

Advice to Management

NEVER FORGET TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES! HIRE GREAT PEOPLE AND YOU WILL HAVE THE EASIEST JOB YET!

9. "Great, fun, rewarding place to work!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with. Everyone is fun and energetic and nice. I love that the company lets you be you and gives you time to do so.

Cons

We don't have a 401(k) matching plan yet, but I'm sure it will come eventually.

10. "Incredible company that cares about its employees!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am so excited that Eventbrite chose Nashville as their second US location. They hire incredible people who are a blast to work with, and the benefits are outstanding (at least for those of us coming from outside of the tech world). I look forward to growing with the company and seeing, specifically, how Nashville's office continues to evolve.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any cons yet.

Advice to Management

Continue to make trips to and plug into offices outside of San Francisco.