Eventbrite Customer Success Manager Reviews

Updated Jan 26, 2021

3.1
Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Making an Impact not just on Events but Me

Nov 5, 2018 - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you! - Julia Hartz, CEO

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Perfect place for bootlickers

Jan 26, 2021 - Technical Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary, company actively took audits of pay scale and made adjustments accordingly

Cons

Sycophantic work culture. Those with opinions that challenge the internal hubris are maligned. Disheartening lack of internal advocacy for roles, Managers routinely shovel the same 'feedback' to you every quarter. Technical debt is crazy, new products suffer from old bad habits that won't die.

2 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Hi there - I am so sorry to hear about this negative experience you had. I was able to connect with the leadership from your function about this feedback. Dissent and feedback is such an important feature of growth so we'll work to get better at this. Thank you for your time at Eventbrite and best of luck on your next role - DH

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Senior leadership cares only about the stock price

Sep 1, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

This was a nice place to work before COVID-19. It had its faults but I felt comfortable in my role and had the support I needed from my team to do my job.

Cons

Senior leadership seems most eager to please shareholders by any means necessary and are more loyal to shareholders than employees. Do not work here if you can help it.

Continue reading

Eventbrite Response

Hey there. Sorry for your experience and wish you well on your next journey. We have indeed talked about stock internally. Employees are shareholders and the stock is part of everyone's compensation. We also think there is an opportunity to better understand stock as a way of better understanding the business. I appreciate your feedback about the executive team and we'll spend time thinking about this. - DH

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Cool

Aug 10, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

They leave you alone for the most part.

Cons

No much rooms for upward movement

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for this feedback. We're going to work on the upward movement issue across the company. Agree this is a vital part of a good work experience. - DH

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Lack of vision, focus, and integrity

Jun 15, 2020 - Senior Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- tons talent & experience with individual contributors - strong marketing tools

Cons

- Leadership was often weak and uninformed - Company goals shifted often, making it impossible to deliver - Massive amount of technical debt / ineffective triaging of long standing issues - Tone deaf to needs of music customers

3 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for sharing this input. We're hopeful to make progress in the areas you highlighted here. Best of luck in your next gig! - DH

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place to work

Jul 14, 2018 - Head of Customer Success in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture, people, energy, support and product. It's genuinely exciting to come to work every day and no day is the same. It's unlike anywhere I have witnessed.

Cons

I really don't have any

Eventbrite Response

Hello! Thank you for the positive comments and I hope to see you all in Melbourne SOON! -- Julia Hartz, CEO

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews