Eventbrite Engineering Manager Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2016

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz
1 Rating
  1. "Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

For me it starts with a great product, bringing people together for live events. I've gotten to understand and experience what putting on a good live event means and exposure to music, art, food that I wouldn't have otherwise. Eventbrite has a people oriented culture. Cannot stress enough how much of a difference this makes in the day to day. There are offices around the globe with interesting and friendly coworkers pushing towards the same goal. I've been able to grow in both the technical and personal. It definitely feels like a family of people pushing each other to give their best and make sure we are achieving both professional and personal goals. There are big challenges at significant scale on the engineering side and the best part about it all really is the team that comes together to solve them.

Cons

The company has grown out of it's true start up roots. There are processes and plans to follow, not too much and not too little for my taste but it's not the wild west anymore.

Eventbrite2016-08-10

"Review from a long-time employee"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Eventbrite is an amazing place to work. I've been here for almost 5 years now and it has only gotten better over time. The work is interesting, the people are great, and the work-life balance actually lets you have a life. One particular thing I love about working here is that our companyis aligned with helping all of our customers - both organizers and consumers. We're not like other companies who rely on selling your data to advertisers; we benefit when our event organizers put on great events and when our consumers find awesome events to attend.

Cons

In my time here, I think one of the consequences of the fantastic people we hire is that everyone is _too_ nice, and it's hard to give and receive critical feedback.

Eventbrite2016-02-21

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews