Eventbrite Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

"Making an Impact not just on Events but Me"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency. Going through and watching the IPO process was incredibly rewarding. Continuing the incredible investments in your leaders and team members.

Nov 11, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Horrible 2-Year Experience"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Usual perks: free food/snacks, coffee, health benefits, nice office

Cons

I quit Eventbrite as soon as I was able. Despite the nice office/perks and facade of a "fun company culture", I did not enjoy working at Eventbrite. Don't be fooled by all the hyped 5-star reviews by entry-level new hires who don't know any better (yet).

1. Senior leader(s) of my department created a toxic, uncomfortable working environment. Complained to me about my own peers/colleagues, putting them down behind their backs. I've never experienced such unprofessionalism, and I was really disappointed about this. Given how frequently this happened, it was very hard to trust my managers: seeing them pretend to care about an employee, only to turn around the next moment and complain about them. I don't doubt that they've done the same to me.

2. Unappreciative. Leaders take their most diligent employees for granted. Constantly made heavy demands of the team to meet deadlines, but did NOT take the time to understand whether we had enough resources. Because of this, team would kill themselves working long hours just to hit deadlines, and management WON'T go out of their way to acknowledge dedication and hard work. On the other hand, if anything is less-than-perfect, then fingers ARE pointed and you'll get facetime with upper management to talk about what they don't like about you or your work.

3. No actual work/life balance. I was expected to return emails/calls in the evenings at home and while I was on vacation. I felt judged by my leaders whenever I asked to take any of my "unlimited PTO", even though I took less PTO than most others on my team. They were definitely counting days and letting you know they didn't like it.

4. Clique-y and cultist culture. Like a few others here have written, if you don't live and breathe Eventbrite, you don't fit in. Managers show favoritism.

Advice to Management

Seriously evaluate your leaders. Eventbrite doesn't practice what they preach.

Aug 21, 2018

I regret you had this kind of experience at Eventbrite. Should you want to speak directly with me, you know my email and we can set up time to chat. We are always evolving our approach to leadership... More

"Great company to work for, still some work to do"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies
    - Excellent benefits and perks (low-cost health insurance, daily catered lunch, wellness stipend to name a few).
    - The best collective group of people that I've ever worked with. Intelligent, empathetic, and innovative. Learned how to collaborate, fail, and lead through working with such talented folks.
    - Constant growth and change = Unparalleled professional development.

Cons

- There could be more intentional professional development for EB employees. Change and growth allow us to discover and develop our skillsets, but I often felt that the org could take a more active and intentional role in professional development.
    - Direct pay seems slightly under market value. Overall compensation package plus perks seem fair, all things considered.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your people, developing their skills, and ensuring they understand and are realizing their purpose at Eventbrite.

May 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and advice on where we could invest and engage more in professional development. I agree and there is a lot under way to up-level our development work and... More

4. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Caring and collaborative culture
    - Excellent benefits and perks
    - Ability to grow, think critically, and play a part in larger decision making
    - Thoughtful and invested leadership teams
    - Challenging and rewarding work environment

Cons

- Rapid growth has highlighted opportunities for better change management, but something that is already being quickly addressed by the company

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Change management is something we always need to be developing but I'm glad you're seeing growth here.

Thank you for all you do!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This review is solely for the Sales Department as I can't speak for the rest of the company. Originally, I came to Eventbrite for the people, and they are still what keep me here. Awesome, motivated individuals work here and it's a pleasure to come to work each day and learn from them.

Cons

Unfortunately, as of late morale has been at an all time low. In an effort to become profitable, the company has been letting valuable individuals go without any explanation to the rest of the team. This has resulted in a culture of fear and feelings of being disposable. Sales leadership doesn't make an effort to retain smart, driven and reliable employees, and Sales employees don't feel valued or heard by Sales leadership, creating a rift and a very top-down driven atmosphere. I wish I could say I feel like I could grow my career at Eventbrite but in it's current state, I feel disposable, overworked, underpaid, and frustrated.

Advice to Management

- Value your employees! Adopt less of an us versus you attitude and cultivate a culture of teamwork between Account Managers + Account Executives Alike

Nov 17, 2016 – Eventbrite

I agree that we get to work with truly incredible people every day! It's one of the reasons I love working at Eventbrite as well. Change can always be hard, and I hear your feedback and concerns. I... More

"Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - National Sales Manager
    Current Employee - National Sales Manager

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

- Thoughtful approach to every aspect of the business and culture
    - Surrounded by incredibly talented and creative people every day
    - Dog friendly
    - Start-up mentality gives everyone the opportunity to share their ideas and be heard

Cons

- Must be able to innovate and rapidly respond to a versatile platform, at a growing Company, in a complex industry.

Advice to Management

- Continue to be visible with updates and key initiatives

7. "A Great Choice"

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

Eventbrite is a forward thinking company. Having worked for some very large organizations throughout my career, I can say that what makes Eventbrite unique is that it has the established processes and leadership structures in place that feel like a big corporation, but the culture, ethos, and workplace are still very rooted in the fun and exciting startup mentality. With cutting edge benefits like free daily lunch, all you can eat snacks (lots of choices), and a "take the time you need" PTO policy, Eventbrite has positioned itself to be a unique employer.

Cons

At times, the startup mentality can clash with the need for corporate-like processes, creating a push-pull for resources.

8. "Great company, great culture!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Eventbrite is a wonderful place to work. There is an overall culture of trust, openness and transparency that is truly unique for a company this size. Most individuals and teams are extremely collaborative and cross-functional dynamics are very strong. Benefits, perks and work/life balance are excellent. There is a great mix of small-company drive and energy and larger-company maturity.

Cons

Would be good to have clearer career growth opportunities. A few growing pains, but to be expected at this stage in the company's evolution.

Advice to Management

Empower individuals to rise from within the ranks to more senior positions.

9. "Wonderful People and Company"

Current Employee - Senior Field Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Field Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best parts about working for Eventbrite is the people. You become friends with so many people you work with making your experience there that much greater.

The benefits are amazing, but nothing beats the flexibility and time off.

The leadership completely trusts its employees to do their jobs, so there's no micro-managing.

There is great opportunity for growth and to acquire new skills if you make the effort.

It is fulfilling to be a part of a company that touches so many lives.

Cons

Cross-departmental communication can sometimes be weak.

There can sometimes be a lack of standardization of processes before implementing new products.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. "Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

For me it starts with a great product, bringing people together for live events. I've gotten to understand and experience what putting on a good live event means and exposure to music, art, food that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Eventbrite has a people oriented culture. Cannot stress enough how much of a difference this makes in the day to day. There are offices around the globe with interesting and friendly coworkers pushing towards the same goal.

I've been able to grow in both the technical and personal. It definitely feels like a family of people pushing each other to give their best and make sure we are achieving both professional and personal goals. There are big challenges at significant scale on the engineering side and the best part about it all really is the team that comes together to solve them.

Cons

The company has grown out of it's true start up roots. There are processes and plans to follow, not too much and not too little for my taste but it's not the wild west anymore.