Eventbrite Marketing Manager Reviews

Updated Mar 29, 2021

2.9
Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Former Contractor

Good luck Eventbrite!

Mar 29, 2021 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really fun place to work!

Cons

Lots of growing up to do

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great company, tough industry.

Feb 28, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, stock options, and perks.

Cons

Tough industry to be in given the pandemic..

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for sharing and best of luck in your next role - DH

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Abysmal Leadership, Zero Professional Development

Feb 20, 2021 - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Low expectations, minimal accountability, freedom to do nothing.

Cons

Utterly lacking in direction, sound strategy and leadership. Insulting ("we're an entertainment company" literal quote from Global Head) compensation. Embarrassing middle management aptitude and business sense. The antithesis of a meritocracy, more nepotism than the fall of Rome.

Continue reading

Eventbrite Response

Very sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for your time at Eventbrite and best of luck in your next gig. - DH

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best job of my career

Oct 22, 2019 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company was still <500 employees, but I loved the company culture.

Cons

The company didn't offer a lot of employee benefits at that time (401K, employee perks, etc.)

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great People, Growing Company

Jun 3, 2019 - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great office perks, creative team and cool industry.

Cons

Growing pains associated with a scaling company: some disorganization at the senior level can give individual contributors whiplash and cause burnout.

1 person found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time here overall and totally hear you on the fast growth. The senior leader team is working hard to provide more clarity and to sharpen our focus as we continue to scale. Thanks for taking a moment to share you experience - I appreciate the feedback. Vivian Chaves -- Community Director, San Francisco

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people. Lack of coordination.

Mar 10, 2016 - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The folks at the company are generally super smart, caring, trustworthy, and just the kind of people that you want to hang out with. There's a good mix of employees from various backgrounds (both professionally and personally) and they tend to be bright, friendly, and incredibly interesting. Work/life balance is highly valued and (usually) totally feasible. The leadership tends to clearly communicate objectives across the company. Those objectives are sound and responsible in the current business climate.

Cons

There's a lot of stagnation. Come here for the experience and the name. But, don't come here expecting to make bank, grow into a higher position, or collaborate with other teams. Salaries are not competitive and either are the career advancement opportunities.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thanks for the honest feedback. Career development is an area of focus for us this year as we grow in business and talent. Our goal is to collectively create an environment where every Briteling can thrive, grow, and gain new insight/perspective/skill during their tenure at Eventbrite. Personally, I'm committed to helping build the "Eventbrite constellation" that gives insight to all teammates as to where they could gain more skill and insight -- whether that be by direct internal and external mentorship, coaching, peers, new business areas, and/or cross-team collaboration. -- Julia Hartz, Co-Founder & President

7. 5.0

Empowering and Inspiring

Aug 15, 2014 - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Britelings are continuously empowered and inspired to make their visions happen. Whether you want to create a crazy and wacky marketing campaign or find new ways to bring the Britelings together outside of work, there is no one stopping you. If it's successful, you're recognized. If it fails, you learn from it and are encouraged to share those learnings with your team.

Cons

I currently have no cons.

8. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jul 25, 2018 - Content Marketing Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a great culture, good benefits and an amazing office in Sao Paulo. I really enjoy working for Eventbrite.

Cons

Need more career opportunities of leadership for employees.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews