Eventbrite Marketing Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Empowering and Inspiring"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Britelings are continuously empowered and inspired to make their visions happen. Whether you want to create a crazy and wacky marketing campaign or find new ways to bring the Britelings together outside of work, there is no one stopping you. If it's successful, you're recognized. If it fails, you learn from it and are encouraged to share those learnings with your team.

Cons

I currently have no cons.

"Great people. Lack of coordination."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The folks at the company are generally super smart, caring, trustworthy, and just the kind of people that you want to hang out with. There's a good mix of employees from various backgrounds (both professionally and personally) and they tend to be bright, friendly, and incredibly interesting. Work/life balance is highly valued and (usually) totally feasible. The leadership tends to clearly communicate objectives across the company. Those objectives are sound and responsible in the current business climate.

Cons

There's a lot of stagnation. Come here for the experience and the name. But, don't come here expecting to make bank, grow into a higher position, or collaborate with other teams. Salaries are not competitive and either are the career advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Strive for a more dynamic, collaborative culture. Trust the amazing people you've hired. There's rampant micro-management in some departments, a major lack of coordination across teams/departments, and cement ceilings in terms of career and salary growth.

Eventbrite Response

Mar 12, 2016

Thanks for the honest feedback. Career development is an area of focus for us this year as we grow in business and talent. Our goal is to collectively create an environment where every Briteling... More