Eventbrite Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

"Great Environment!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the mission - To connect people through live experiences.
    The people in the office all friendly, and they all working hard for their respective teams.
    Everyone here is very smart and everyone you meet teaches you a little bit more about the nuances of the business.
    Leadership is very passionate, and are working hard to push the business forward.
    Julia Hartz addresses employee issues and she is a very approachable CEO.
    The business itself is very interesting because it is a two-way marketplace, those who want experience working in both b2b and b2c will welcome the challenge.

Cons

I do wish there was a more specific training program to understand how Eventbrite as a business works and detailed explanations of the mission of every team. Every team does seem to be in the same goal of advancing the business, but everyone also has specific metrics they need to hit to be credited for advancing the business - which can be confusing.

Advice to Management

Provide more objectives and tasks to complete to access knowledge of the overall business for new employees.

Eventbrite Response

Jul 8, 2018

Hi there! Thank you for the feedback. I agree that our current structure, which optimizes growth through strategic initiatives that drive impact on the broader business, may cause us to not “zoom... More

"Exciting Environment"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Eventbrite is a company where you can grow in your career.
    - Employee morale is high and it's due to the company culture.
    - Managers are experienced and the CEO is delightful.

Cons

- Conference rooms are confusing :)

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3. "Mid Market Account Executive"

Current Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible culture and very open to any type of change.

Cons

Still growing and that always presents a few challenges.

Advice to Management

As they continue to grow to make sure the onboarding to the sales seat is smooth.

4. "Fun company overflowing with talent"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Really talented and super friendly workforce
    - Upper management really cares about its employees
    - Lots of transparency
    - Excellent career growth opportunities
    - Good/Great perks (unlimited time-off, 7 meals a week, tech company office)
    - Awesome learning opportunities (weekly subject matter expert chats, career advice, etc)
    - They take their culture and values seriously
    - Hiring is tough, but it ensures they let the best in the door

Cons

- The company is in profitability mode, so don't expect weekly company sponsored happy hours or extravagant off-sites. For most this might be par for the course, but coming from a company that was, admittedly, a little over the top with that stuff, Eventbrite just tends to be mindful about how they spend

5. "The best place I've ever worked"

Current Contractor - Database Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Database Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Kind teammates - People at Eventbrite are just nice people. Period. That's the culture. What's more - they're happy people! No one here is grumpy or walks around with a cloud over their head. Example 1: within the first hour of my first day there, a stranger I had bumped into in the kitchen wished me a fantastic day so genuinely, I was almost speechless.
    Example 2: Julia Hartz herself introduced herself to me on my first day because she said she "didn't recognize my face." I cannot speak more highly of her focus on culture at EB, especially because she leads by example.

Incredible work ethic - At Eventbrite, work-life balance is treated as a necessity, not a luxury. Most of the office is empty by 5:30. You take time off when you need it - they trust you to get your work done. That being said, my teammates at Eventbrite are some of the most hard-working people I have ever had the privilege of working beside. They are sharp, straightforward, rational, and honest.

Clear and consistent communication - Detailed documentation of meetings, proposals, goals, mistakes, successes. While this was never seen as a priority at other companies I've worked for, it is crucial to communicating effectively and meeting goals at Eventbrite.

Career growth - Even though I am a contractor, my manager has asked for my overarching career goals and has incorporated them into my work. Overall, it seems that the company and its management are invested in hiring good people, training good people, and helping them grow.

Cons

Honestly, none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You've done an amazing job of focusing on a kind, respectful, hard-working culture and it shows.

"Great people. Lack of coordination."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The folks at the company are generally super smart, caring, trustworthy, and just the kind of people that you want to hang out with. There's a good mix of employees from various backgrounds (both professionally and personally) and they tend to be bright, friendly, and incredibly interesting. Work/life balance is highly valued and (usually) totally feasible. The leadership tends to clearly communicate objectives across the company. Those objectives are sound and responsible in the current business climate.

Cons

There's a lot of stagnation. Come here for the experience and the name. But, don't come here expecting to make bank, grow into a higher position, or collaborate with other teams. Salaries are not competitive and either are the career advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Strive for a more dynamic, collaborative culture. Trust the amazing people you've hired. There's rampant micro-management in some departments, a major lack of coordination across teams/departments, and cement ceilings in terms of career and salary growth.

Eventbrite Response

Mar 12, 2016

Thanks for the honest feedback. Career development is an area of focus for us this year as we grow in business and talent. Our goal is to collectively create an environment where every Briteling... More

"Learned a lot, made many friends"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment, great people, room to grow. Met many people I would gladly have a beer with any day of the week.

Cons

While everyone is very positive, I found it hard to get critical feedback from managers. Interview processes didn't scale well past 200 people.

Advice to Management

Train your new managers. Have a more experimental approach to marketing.

"Eventbrite really is the brite land."

Current Contractor - Category Marketing Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Category Marketing Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is highly intelligent, highly engaged, and passionate about bringing people together. It's easy to find people, relatively easy to talk to people, and easy to build.

Cons

I wish there were more POC and LGBTQPOC.

Advice to Management

I wish there were more POC and LGBTQPOC.

9. "Empowering and Inspiring"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Britelings are continuously empowered and inspired to make their visions happen. Whether you want to create a crazy and wacky marketing campaign or find new ways to bring the Britelings together outside of work, there is no one stopping you. If it's successful, you're recognized. If it fails, you learn from it and are encouraged to share those learnings with your team.

Cons

I currently have no cons.

"A friendly, collaborative, high-energy and orange-tinted work environment."

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Opportunity to work with some of the smartest, most creative and coolest colleagues I’ve ever encountered.
    -Highly collaborative spirit, everyone has something to contribute.
    -They care deeply about company culture and put a lot weight on having fun.
    -Great perks: catered lunches every day, catered breakfasts & dinners four times a week. Unlimited snacks & goodies, dog-friendly office, kegs, unlimited PTO, yoga, massages etc.
    -Location: office in the middle of SF.

Cons

-Catered lunches mean you often don't leave the office all day.
    -Long hours, a lot for each team to take on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on hiring for culture & fit as Eventbrite continues its rapid growth.