Eventbrite Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

"Loved Eventbrite!"

Pros

I can’t say enough great things about my time at
    Eventbrite in the San Francisco office. All of the managers including the Executive level were supportive and compassionate. They exemplified what you’d want from leadership, taking the time to consider how changes and shakeups were communicated and anticipating what our concerns might be. After going through a particularly hard time in my life, I decided to take some time off for some much needed self care. My manager and coworkers were nothing short of supportive and non judgemental. The work was exciting and challenging.

Cons

Finding a room to have a meeting in was near impossible. There were a few people that were a bit self-important. However, you could tell that management was aware of them and managed around them when necessary.

"Making an Impact not just on Events but Me"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency. Going through and watching the IPO process was incredibly rewarding. Continuing the incredible investments in your leaders and team members.

Nov 11, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you!

"Great place"

Pros

The overwhelming majority of employees at Eventbrite are kind, hard working, empathetic and capable. The open office plan allows for cross departmental collaboration in ways that many other companies fail to do. The executive managers are incredibly smart, creative and humble people, which is why their employees work so hard for them.

Cons

There will always be a few bad apples. Eventbrite has a few of these who made work difficult at times but they were far and in between.

Oct 29, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. If there's anything in particular you want to share with me, you know where to contact me.

"Best workplace"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best companies I've ever worked for. The SF office has all the amenities you could ask for. Plenty of meeting rooms, large cafeteria with free breakfast once a week, lunch 4 days a week and dinner twice a week. All the snacks and drinks you want. Awesome people to work with!

Cons

Salary and stocks a little on the lower side compares to other tech companies.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're always looking at our compensation practices and leveling including the overall total rewards and in comparison to the local area. Please keep the feedback coming... More

5. "Refreshing experience"

Current Employee - Agile Coach in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Agile Coach in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lot's of freedom to be me and use my skills and talents. I find the environment welcoming, warm, and collaborative.

Cons

Though I've not yet been told no on training and conference spending. I'm also unclear how the decisions are made. I'd like more clarity here.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and also for the request to hear more about how decisions are made! That's helpful in guiding where we can be more precise in our communication.

-- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Regaining Momentum"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After a bumpy road for the past few years, it feels like we're finally getting back on track in a lot of ways. Some things stayed good throughout the difficulties - good coworkers, good work/life balance, a positive atmosphere, and the priceless opportunity to work alongside the talented and hilarious Randy Befumo.

Cons

HR is still getting back on its feet, so a lot of the issues on that side are still not under control. Benefits are good, but salaries still aren't competitive against similarly-sized companies in the Bay Area.

A lot of folks are operating like we're still a startup underdog, but others expect us to act like a huge, cautious company. That tension can be confusing and leads to mixed messages from our leaders. Not everyone in a leadership position is qualified or ready to lead other people, so be prepared to lean on their peers for help.

We were largely centralized in SF for a really long time, so the transition to being a global company with teams spanning continents has been a tricky one. I think we will get there, but it's a painful thing to navigate while we figure it out.

Advice to Management

Your employees notice the positive steps you've taken over the last year or so. Sometimes we might seem like we'll never be satisfied, but it's only because we believe in the fundamentals of the company and want to see it become truly amazing.

Make sure the leaders in the middle of the org chart are delivering messages consistent with those at the top, and that everyone's actions are consistent with their words.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your point of view! As a member of the team for a few years, you've definitely seen evolution - that's for sure. :) .

I appreciate your advice to be thoughtful about upcoming... More

7. "It's Seriously Amazing! Phenomenal Place To Work In Nashville!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing tech company that is large, but not too large (if that makes sense). There's an entrepreneurial spirit pulsing through the atmosphere that is both inspiring and challenging. Working at Eventbrite helps me feel like I'm accomplishing meaningful product output and contributing to an overall organization that knows what its goals are and where it is heading into the future. Not to mention, Eventbrite excels at offering not just competitive, but truly phenomenal benefit packages, work/life balance and options to work-from-home, catered daily lunch (plus breakfast & snack options!), continued learning and growth opportunities, and more. The leadership from the top down to my own people manager is positive, personalized, and inspiring. I love working here!

Cons

It's hard to think of anything that's "wrong" here. Would higher pay be nice? Of course (when would it not be?). Would additional benefits like a student loan repayment program be helpful? Yes. However, there is already so much offered, it feels greedy to ask for more. That being said, I have very clear goals and objectives, so that I know when the time comes, I can point to everything I've accomplished and that could open the door to a discussion about compensation. It's not something that's "taboo" or off limits. Eventbrite wants me to grow.

The company is growing quickly! It's difficult to keep up with everything happening, so I think there could be some focused new-hire training/education on all the various teams and departments. This would provide insights into what everyone across the company is working towards and accomplishing.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You're doing a stellar job. Thanks for truly caring and listening to the individualized voice of every Briteling in the Briteland.

Julia: You are truly an inspiration and I thank you for all you do for this company. I am honored to say I work for Eventbrite, and that's largely due to your leadership and wisdom.

Jul 6, 2018

We so appreciate your thoughtful review and I agree wholeheartedly on the need for deeper training. More to come on that front as we scale L&D locally!

Thank you for the kind words - it means the... More

"Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the mission - To connect people through live experiences.
    The people in the office all friendly, and they all working hard for their respective teams.
    Everyone here is very smart and everyone you meet teaches you a little bit more about the nuances of the business.
    Leadership is very passionate, and are working hard to push the business forward.
    Julia Hartz addresses employee issues and she is a very approachable CEO.
    The business itself is very interesting because it is a two-way marketplace, those who want experience working in both b2b and b2c will welcome the challenge.

Cons

I do wish there was a more specific training program to understand how Eventbrite as a business works and detailed explanations of the mission of every team. Every team does seem to be in the same goal of advancing the business, but everyone also has specific metrics they need to hit to be credited for advancing the business - which can be confusing.

Advice to Management

Provide more objectives and tasks to complete to access knowledge of the overall business for new employees.

Jul 8, 2018

Hi there! Thank you for the feedback. I agree that our current structure, which optimizes growth through strategic initiatives that drive impact on the broader business, may cause us to not “zoom... More

9. "Yes, it really is as amazing as it sounds!"

Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my application process, I read just about every review on Eventbrite's Glassdoor page - and from the minute I walked in for my interview, I saw the positive vibes in action. I've now been with the company for a little over two months, and every day I wake up even more excited to come to work. There are many, many pros to working at Eventbrite (hello, endless La Croix, delicious and healthy catered lunch, employer-paid healthcare and a host of other perks that simply make life easier), but the best part is being surrounded by super smart and driven people who really love what they do. I also really appreciate the push for strong communication and personal/professional development. Finally, as a woman, I have been incredibly impressed and motivated by the strong female leadership at Eventbrite, both within my team and company-wide.

Cons

Not really a con but a general comment - it's not all ping pong tables and free snacks. I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock. However, if you're looking for a place where you will be pushed out of your comfort zone, encouraged to dig deep and learn about many different facets of a business, Eventbrite is it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I couldn't imagine a better place to work!

Jul 8, 2018

Wow - thank you! I really appreciate your point of view and thoughtful description of what it’s like as a Briteling.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Best place I have ever worked!!!"

Current Employee - Product Design in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Design in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ive worked at a good handful of companies and I can say that Eventbrite is my favorite place to work. I can see myself here long term. The benefits, people, and work I do here is all awesome. I have made so many life long friends here and have had many great experiences. I feel super empowered everyday coming into work - theres a good balance of challenges.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!