Eventbrite Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Best place I've worked so far!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

- unique (!) company culture: flat hierarchies, great career opportunities (personal and professional learning and development is greatly supported)
    - amazing and cool offices all over the world (work from all international offices is possible)
    - travel opportunities if wanted
    - flexible work from home policy

Cons

If you embrace change you will have a great career here! If you don't you might struggle.

Advice to Management

PTO policy needs to be localized. We are faaaaar behind the German average but offer an unlimited amount in the US.

2. "Pretty great"

Current Employee - Costumer Service in Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Costumer Service in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Flexibility to work from home
    -Managers encourage you to look at other positions
    -1 hour a week where you can take your own time to develop, this is not limited and you can and are free to learn anything or even sit with other teams
    -Great catering (3 times a week) and free snacks/tea/coffee in the office
    -Friendly atmosphere, and management/hr really want our best interest and we have annual meetings with the whole office to talk.
    -You get new equipment when you start (New laptop, headset, keyboard & mouse etc)
    -The building is absolutely stunning

Best thing is we get monthly TGIF and the occasional offsite social gaterings!!!

Cons

-Structure is not there yet, this is understandable as the office went from 10 people to 40 in the space of a year
    - Salary is not the most competive in Cork (Area with alot of tech companies such as Facebook, Apple, Amazon, AirBNB, Dell, VMWare)

Advice to Management

Able to increase salary based on performance, attendance, anniversary compensation etc.

Dec 1, 2018

Thank you for the great feedback! We will absolutely make sure we are staying up to par with local companies and opportunities. This is super helpful to hear.

-- Julia Hartz, CEO

3. "The best internet company in Mendoza"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

At Mendoza Office:
    - Flexible work-time
    - OSDE (medical care)
    - Languages classes
    - Lunch 3times a week
    - Snack bar and full fridge available (cereals, cookies, yogurts, chocolate milk,etc)
    - Gym activities for free (Soccer classes, running, yoga and zumba)
    - Maternity / Paternity leave extended
    - Trimestre review of the salary (due to Country ingflation process)
    - Parties

At Eventbrite in general:
    - Work with different offices, interdisciplinary teams.
    - Travel to other offices (Our headsquaters are in San Francisco, California, but we have more than 10 offices around the world).
    - Carrer path, you can have a growth carrer in the company.
    - Offsite activities to build the teams.
    - Stock options (Eventbrite is a Public Company)

Cons

Some teams like Customer Support or Sales have strict work hours.
    Engineers are better paid than employees in other areas.

"Loved Eventbrite!"

Pros

I can’t say enough great things about my time at
    Eventbrite in the San Francisco office. All of the managers including the Executive level were supportive and compassionate. They exemplified what you’d want from leadership, taking the time to consider how changes and shakeups were communicated and anticipating what our concerns might be. After going through a particularly hard time in my life, I decided to take some time off for some much needed self care. My manager and coworkers were nothing short of supportive and non judgemental. The work was exciting and challenging.

Cons

Finding a room to have a meeting in was near impossible. There were a few people that were a bit self-important. However, you could tell that management was aware of them and managed around them when necessary.

5. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is great thus far. The people, culture, location and benefits make it a very enjoyable experience.

The care for staff and work/life balance are a credit to the organisation.

Great company on the same page globally, striving to be the best in the industry treating their employees with respect along the way.

Cons

Nothing to speak of at this stage. The experience has been great thus far.

Advice to Management

Nothing

Nov 11, 2018

Thank you for the feedback!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Making an Impact not just on Events but Me"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency. Going through and watching the IPO process was incredibly rewarding. Continuing the incredible investments in your leaders and team members.

Nov 11, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

7. "Are We Really Happy?"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* The management has really improved over the last year. I think Eventbrite actually tries hard to make sure employees are happy, but there is something missing and hence a handful of good people already left.
    * Great work-life balance.
    * Some of the smartest and kindest people. There is a few people who are not that good but there is few of them.
    * Free lunches
    * Work across the world as there is more acquisitions if you are lucky
    * Unlike salary, benefits are pretty good

Cons

* Pay quite below the average for engineers
    * If you are one of the hire up favorites, your concerns are more likely to be addressed. Same goes in engineering. Not much gets done unless you are one of the people who is "respected". It's a bit biased to be honest.
    * As someone already mentioned, behind that good exterior there is hidden lies and lack of enthusiasm.

Advice to Management

Promote people if they work hard and go out of their ways. The pay is low so there is not much incentive unless you make it so (with more raises and promotions).

Nov 11, 2018

It's disappointing to hear your experience at Eventbrite but I do appreciate you sharing your candid feedback. Should you have more detail you'd like to share directly with me, you know how to find... More

"All the benefits of working in an American company in Spain!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

People here are amazing, everyone is eager to help each other
    Benefits are great in comparison with any other Spanish company
    Possibility to travel to other offices and work globally

Cons

Some work to do as we grow to keep working on our global collaboration initiatives

Nov 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Communication and collaboration are key components of our culture that we need to always be evolving. Investment in strengthening these are seen... More

9. "The best office I've ever worked in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great colleagues that make sure there is an amazing atmosphere at the office.
    - Office view is the best, so many windows that gives enough daylight and makes is spacious.
    - International colleagues and business travel opportunities.
    - A lot of benefits for the employees such as expensing your health&wellness costs (gym, massage)
    - Office events and Christmas parties with all the EU offices

Cons

- It's an US based company and sometimes this is noticable in communication or strategy setting. The EU subsidiary offices are not always included in the global strategy.

Oct 29, 2018

Thank you for your kind words and the actionable feedback!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

10. "Great Place to Work - People first and make it happen menatlity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people first and make it happen spirit is reality here. The commitment and invest to individuals growth and development outstanding. The room for taking ownership and making things happen even more.

Cons

Not for people that don't like change, fast paced environments, ownership and responsibility :-)

Oct 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience and for highlighting the fast-paced growth environment!