Eventbrite Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Reviews

Updated December 16, 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

"Horrible 2-Year Experience"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Usual perks: free food/snacks, coffee, health benefits, nice office

Cons

I quit Eventbrite as soon as I was able. Despite the nice office/perks and facade of a "fun company culture", I did not enjoy working at Eventbrite. Don't be fooled by all the hyped 5-star reviews by entry-level new hires who don't know any better (yet).

1. Senior leader(s) of my department created a toxic, uncomfortable working environment. Complained to me about my own peers/colleagues, putting them down behind their backs. I've never experienced such unprofessionalism, and I was really disappointed about this. Given how frequently this happened, it was very hard to trust my managers: seeing them pretend to care about an employee, only to turn around the next moment and complain about them. I don't doubt that they've done the same to me.

2. Unappreciative. Leaders take their most diligent employees for granted. Constantly made heavy demands of the team to meet deadlines, but did NOT take the time to understand whether we had enough resources. Because of this, team would kill themselves working long hours just to hit deadlines, and management WON'T go out of their way to acknowledge dedication and hard work. On the other hand, if anything is less-than-perfect, then fingers ARE pointed and you'll get facetime with upper management to talk about what they don't like about you or your work.

3. No actual work/life balance. I was expected to return emails/calls in the evenings at home and while I was on vacation. I felt judged by my leaders whenever I asked to take any of my "unlimited PTO", even though I took less PTO than most others on my team. They were definitely counting days and letting you know they didn't like it.

4. Clique-y and cultist culture. Like a few others here have written, if you don't live and breathe Eventbrite, you don't fit in. Managers show favoritism.

Advice to Management

Seriously evaluate your leaders. Eventbrite doesn't practice what they preach.

Aug 21, 2018

I regret you had this kind of experience at Eventbrite. Should you want to speak directly with me, you know my email and we can set up time to chat. We are always evolving our approach to leadership... More

2. "It's Seriously Amazing! Phenomenal Place To Work In Nashville!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing tech company that is large, but not too large (if that makes sense). There's an entrepreneurial spirit pulsing through the atmosphere that is both inspiring and challenging. Working at Eventbrite helps me feel like I'm accomplishing meaningful product output and contributing to an overall organization that knows what its goals are and where it is heading into the future. Not to mention, Eventbrite excels at offering not just competitive, but truly phenomenal benefit packages, work/life balance and options to work-from-home, catered daily lunch (plus breakfast & snack options!), continued learning and growth opportunities, and more. The leadership from the top down to my own people manager is positive, personalized, and inspiring. I love working here!

Cons

It's hard to think of anything that's "wrong" here. Would higher pay be nice? Of course (when would it not be?). Would additional benefits like a student loan repayment program be helpful? Yes. However, there is already so much offered, it feels greedy to ask for more. That being said, I have very clear goals and objectives, so that I know when the time comes, I can point to everything I've accomplished and that could open the door to a discussion about compensation. It's not something that's "taboo" or off limits. Eventbrite wants me to grow.

The company is growing quickly! It's difficult to keep up with everything happening, so I think there could be some focused new-hire training/education on all the various teams and departments. This would provide insights into what everyone across the company is working towards and accomplishing.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You're doing a stellar job. Thanks for truly caring and listening to the individualized voice of every Briteling in the Briteland.

Julia: You are truly an inspiration and I thank you for all you do for this company. I am honored to say I work for Eventbrite, and that's largely due to your leadership and wisdom.

Jul 6, 2018

We so appreciate your thoughtful review and I agree wholeheartedly on the need for deeper training. More to come on that front as we scale L&D locally!

Thank you for the kind words - it means the... More

"Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the mission - To connect people through live experiences.
    The people in the office all friendly, and they all working hard for their respective teams.
    Everyone here is very smart and everyone you meet teaches you a little bit more about the nuances of the business.
    Leadership is very passionate, and are working hard to push the business forward.
    Julia Hartz addresses employee issues and she is a very approachable CEO.
    The business itself is very interesting because it is a two-way marketplace, those who want experience working in both b2b and b2c will welcome the challenge.

Cons

I do wish there was a more specific training program to understand how Eventbrite as a business works and detailed explanations of the mission of every team. Every team does seem to be in the same goal of advancing the business, but everyone also has specific metrics they need to hit to be credited for advancing the business - which can be confusing.

Advice to Management

Provide more objectives and tasks to complete to access knowledge of the overall business for new employees.

Jul 8, 2018

Hi there! Thank you for the feedback. I agree that our current structure, which optimizes growth through strategic initiatives that drive impact on the broader business, may cause us to not “zoom... More

4. "Yes, it really is as amazing as it sounds!"

Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my application process, I read just about every review on Eventbrite's Glassdoor page - and from the minute I walked in for my interview, I saw the positive vibes in action. I've now been with the company for a little over two months, and every day I wake up even more excited to come to work. There are many, many pros to working at Eventbrite (hello, endless La Croix, delicious and healthy catered lunch, employer-paid healthcare and a host of other perks that simply make life easier), but the best part is being surrounded by super smart and driven people who really love what they do. I also really appreciate the push for strong communication and personal/professional development. Finally, as a woman, I have been incredibly impressed and motivated by the strong female leadership at Eventbrite, both within my team and company-wide.

Cons

Not really a con but a general comment - it's not all ping pong tables and free snacks. I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock. However, if you're looking for a place where you will be pushed out of your comfort zone, encouraged to dig deep and learn about many different facets of a business, Eventbrite is it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I couldn't imagine a better place to work!

Jul 8, 2018

Wow - thank you! I really appreciate your point of view and thoughtful description of what it’s like as a Briteling.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Best place I have ever worked!!!"

Current Employee - Product Design in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Design in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ive worked at a good handful of companies and I can say that Eventbrite is my favorite place to work. I can see myself here long term. The benefits, people, and work I do here is all awesome. I have made so many life long friends here and have had many great experiences. I feel super empowered everyday coming into work - theres a good balance of challenges.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!

"LOVE THIS COMPANY"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eventbrite has been one of the best job experiences I have had from the moment I walked in the door. They were very welcoming during the interview process and had a great training program to get me ramped up. The work life balance is amazing and I couldn't ask for better people to spend 40 hours with :)

Cons

So far I do not have any cons with my experience at Eventbrite.

7. "Best Place to Work Nashville - On Paper and IRL"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Get to work with teams who have a direct pulse on what is going on in the industry
    - Perfect marriage of passion for live events and tech
    - Creativity is encouraged and championed
    - Take the time you need policy - physical and mental wellness is a priority
    - Challenged daily
    - Incredibly smart peers
    - Dog (Barkling) friendly

Cons

- Must be resilient to change and able to move forward through ambiguity (as with any innovative tech company)

Advice to Management

- Bring together cross functional and cross location leadership more often

8. "Best Place to work in Nashville"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't think you can find a better place to work in Nashville. The people are genuine and make work fun, but also push you to do your best and be competitive- the "Work hard, play hard" attitude is alive every single day you walk through the doors. The perks are just a bonus on top of that- amazing free lunch every day, dogs in the office, generous time off policy, work from home capability- and that's just the beginning. I'm immensely proud to be a Briteling and still get excited that I work here.

Cons

There are a lot of changes as expected with a growing company, but sometimes I feel the communication could be better. They do a great job with overall company updates and communication on growth, but sometimes the updates on what matters most to our day-to-day duties are kept in the shadows for a little bit too long by management. Compensation may be below market, but there are so many other benefits and perks that make up for it, and it is definitely something that has been given attention.

Advice to Management

Keep communication and transparency to your employees at Eventbrite's core. There is a very "team-like" atmosphere for the company overall that spreads to all of our offices around the world- I think this is one way to keep the feeling that we are all on one big team, no matter how large the company becomes.

May 25, 2018

Thank you for your very thoughtful feedback on communication - heard loud and clear! ;) Thank you for all you do every day to make the Nashville office rock.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

9. "Couldn't be happier with where I am!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eventbrite has an incredible workplace environment. I feel genuinely cared about and valued not only within my own team and office but across the company as a whole. My coworkers are my closest friends and I spend so much time with them outside of work.

The company is growing at a rapid rate and it is incredible to be a part of. I truly feel that I am contributing to that growth in a very real way. From my manager all the way up the chain, there is a consistency and transparency regarding my role, expectations and future opportunities.

The benefits are incredible. Catered lunch every day, happy hours in the office regularly, and a full fridge and snack drawers. Quarterly office-wide parties and celebrations.

There is a great balance between accountability and freedom to control the work that you do on a daily basis.

Cons

Very difficult to find Cons. With any growing company, when changes and growth occur there can be some shifting in responsibilities within roles. Managers are effective in communicating these changes with the altering expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep up everything that you are doing! I feel very supported and heard.

10. "Hitting Their Stride!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Eventbrite for over 4 years and have seen my fair share of growing pains in the Nashville office, but I truly believe we are now hitting our stride. I enjoy coming into work everyday and being around the people I work with. The office has grown tremendously-- people, space and camaraderie-wise. I'm really excited about the future of this global company and I'm happy to be along for the ride!

Cons

Compensation tends to be on the lower end in this market, but benefits package is great. Please recognize Nashville is growing and reevaluate the market rate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum of what you are working on! Keep investing in your employees.

May 24, 2018

Thank you for your call out on the Nashville market which has been incredibly important to Eventbrite for the last few years. We'll make sure we are keeping a keen eye toward market rates and... More