Eventbrite Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Reviews

Updated February 18, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Best Place to work in Nashville"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't think you can find a better place to work in Nashville. The people are genuine and make work fun, but also push you to do your best and be competitive- the "Work hard, play hard" attitude is alive every single day you walk through the doors. The perks are just a bonus on top of that- amazing free lunch every day, dogs in the office, generous time off policy, work from home capability- and that's just the beginning. I'm immensely proud to be a Briteling and still get excited that I work here.

Cons

There are a lot of changes as expected with a growing company, but sometimes I feel the communication could be better. They do a great job with overall company updates and communication on growth, but sometimes the updates on what matters most to our day-to-day duties are kept in the shadows for a little bit too long by management. Compensation may be below market, but there are so many other benefits and perks that make up for it, and it is definitely something that has been given attention.

Advice to Management

Keep communication and transparency to your employees at Eventbrite's core. There is a very "team-like" atmosphere for the company overall that spreads to all of our offices around the world- I think this is one way to keep the feeling that we are all on one big team, no matter how large the company becomes.

May 25, 2018

Thank you for your very thoughtful feedback on communication - heard loud and clear! ;) Thank you for all you do every day to make the Nashville office rock.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

2. "Couldn't be happier with where I am!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eventbrite has an incredible workplace environment. I feel genuinely cared about and valued not only within my own team and office but across the company as a whole. My coworkers are my closest friends and I spend so much time with them outside of work.

The company is growing at a rapid rate and it is incredible to be a part of. I truly feel that I am contributing to that growth in a very real way. From my manager all the way up the chain, there is a consistency and transparency regarding my role, expectations and future opportunities.

The benefits are incredible. Catered lunch every day, happy hours in the office regularly, and a full fridge and snack drawers. Quarterly office-wide parties and celebrations.

There is a great balance between accountability and freedom to control the work that you do on a daily basis.

Cons

Very difficult to find Cons. With any growing company, when changes and growth occur there can be some shifting in responsibilities within roles. Managers are effective in communicating these changes with the altering expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep up everything that you are doing! I feel very supported and heard.

3. "Hitting Their Stride!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Eventbrite for over 4 years and have seen my fair share of growing pains in the Nashville office, but I truly believe we are now hitting our stride. I enjoy coming into work everyday and being around the people I work with. The office has grown tremendously-- people, space and camaraderie-wise. I'm really excited about the future of this global company and I'm happy to be along for the ride!

Cons

Compensation tends to be on the lower end in this market, but benefits package is great. Please recognize Nashville is growing and reevaluate the market rate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum of what you are working on! Keep investing in your employees.

May 24, 2018

Thank you for your call out on the Nashville market which has been incredibly important to Eventbrite for the last few years. We'll make sure we are keeping a keen eye toward market rates and... More

"on the upswing!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast growing company, smart people, lots of creativity and enthusiasm, thoughtful leadership willing to try new things

CFO is very funny and great to work with

Cons

growing pains, learning as we go, unclear internal communication at times, lots to do

Advice to Management

continue striving, learning and improving

May 24, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you calling out some areas where we can continue to focus and improve.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Great company to work for, still some work to do"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies
    - Excellent benefits and perks (low-cost health insurance, daily catered lunch, wellness stipend to name a few).
    - The best collective group of people that I've ever worked with. Intelligent, empathetic, and innovative. Learned how to collaborate, fail, and lead through working with such talented folks.
    - Constant growth and change = Unparalleled professional development.

Cons

- There could be more intentional professional development for EB employees. Change and growth allow us to discover and develop our skillsets, but I often felt that the org could take a more active and intentional role in professional development.
    - Direct pay seems slightly under market value. Overall compensation package plus perks seem fair, all things considered.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your people, developing their skills, and ensuring they understand and are realizing their purpose at Eventbrite.

May 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and advice on where we could invest and engage more in professional development. I agree and there is a lot under way to up-level our development work and... More

"Definitely a "Best Place to Work""

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Eventbrite truly deserves it's status as one of the top places to work in the Bay Area - it has a strong employee-centric culture encouraging teamwork & collaboration, creative ideas, and self-development; having formerly come from a more traditional work environment with strict policies on PTO, etc., the "take the time you need" policy and other great benefits offered by Eventbrite are quite refreshing. I go to the office every day excited to go to work.

Cons

Base comp could be more competitive, but the company adjusts for that with the availability of stock options

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the innovative agenda and continue to invest in our people; takeaway is to keep doing what you're doing

May 11, 2018

Thank you for the feedback and sharing your thoughts about where we're strong. Appreciate your point of view on innovation and investment in people.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

7. "Great company to work for especially if you value work environments"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Work from home
    Employees are treated like assets

Cons

Fast paced ever changing workplace. You have to meet stats if you will be fired, I was.

Advice to Management

Cut down on the emails and meetings

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback and sharing your experience. I wholeheartedly agree on your emails and meetings advice!

I'm sorry it didn't work out at Eventbrite but do sincerely wish you the... More

8. "Eventbrite treats their engineers right!"

Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in Remote, OR

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eventbrite is an awesome place to work. I'm a huge fan of teamwork and the environment at Eventbrite is very collaborative. Senior engineers/leaders are more than happy to provide support to new team members. Expectations are high at Eventbrite and the company does a great job of providing the support necessary to succeed.

Cons

I would love to see Eventbrite implement a Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example. No task is too big nor too small for Eventbrite's senior leaders and that's infectious for the entire staff.

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! It's exciting to hear you are having a great experience in the engineering team. Thank you for your advice - we will take it to heart. :)

"On an upswing"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Through my time at Eventbrite there have been ups and downs, as I think is natural for a company that is rapidly growing and changing. I would currently say we're at a significant upswing based on recent positive changes made to the business.

It feels good to be at a company that consistently wins- we acquire our largest competitors, are at the forefront of innovation in ticketing, and consistently push the envelope. The business is strong and growing and the future looks bright. That success allows us to reinvest in things that matter for the business.

Our physical office locations around the world are top notch - from sweeping views in our Amsterdam office to the typical "tech perks" in San Francisco, there is no shortage of good vibes in the environment. The company benefits are very fair and the new 401k match is an exciting improvement. The recent work HR did to relevel comp according to market rate was a much needed remedy to our historically below-market pay. It finally feels more equitable to the rest of the tech world in San Francisco.

The leadership culture is evolving for the better as well. I feel proud to work for Julia and believe she is an empathetic leader who truly cares about each employee (especially welcomed in the current "me too" political climate). It's a relief to say that Eventbrite has reinvigorated our HR leadership to be more active in shaping company culture and addressing personnel issues.

Work/life balance here is the best of any company I have ever worked for. Time off is not only ok, it is respected (i.e. you won't be expected to work from the beach), and being able to get home at a reasonable hour most days is such a gift.

Cons

As with any company at this stage of growth, there are times when priorities shift abruptly or things seem to be moving very quickly. There are also longtime employees who are no longer effective or mesh well with current culture, but are kept around for historical knowledge, which is frustrating.

Advice to Management

Continue operating in an open, transparent fashion - that goes a long way for employees.

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and advice!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Best Company in Nashville Hands Down"

Current Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I moved to Nashville I was looking for something challenging, fast paced and a great work environment. Eventbrite is every one of these and then some. I absolutely love coming to work. The people that they hire are extremely driven. It is a work hard, play hard environment. Do your job and enjoy all the great benefits (health insurance, catered in lunch, unlimited snacks, unlimited PTO), So happy to be working for this company and excited to be a part of where we're headed as a team.

Cons

can't think of any

Advice to Management

Things move fast here. Communication could sometimes be better, but that's part of the work environment.

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for joining the team and for your contribution! Your feedback here is also highly valued. Thank you also for your advice on communication - I agree!