Eventbrite Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Reviews

Updated December 4, 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

"on the upswing!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast growing company, smart people, lots of creativity and enthusiasm, thoughtful leadership willing to try new things

CFO is very funny and great to work with

Cons

growing pains, learning as we go, unclear internal communication at times, lots to do

Advice to Management

continue striving, learning and improving

May 24, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you calling out some areas where we can continue to focus and improve.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Great company to work for, still some work to do"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies
    - Excellent benefits and perks (low-cost health insurance, daily catered lunch, wellness stipend to name a few).
    - The best collective group of people that I've ever worked with. Intelligent, empathetic, and innovative. Learned how to collaborate, fail, and lead through working with such talented folks.
    - Constant growth and change = Unparalleled professional development.

Cons

- There could be more intentional professional development for EB employees. Change and growth allow us to discover and develop our skillsets, but I often felt that the org could take a more active and intentional role in professional development.
    - Direct pay seems slightly under market value. Overall compensation package plus perks seem fair, all things considered.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your people, developing their skills, and ensuring they understand and are realizing their purpose at Eventbrite.

May 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and advice on where we could invest and engage more in professional development. I agree and there is a lot under way to up-level our development work and... More

"Definitely a "Best Place to Work""

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Eventbrite truly deserves it's status as one of the top places to work in the Bay Area - it has a strong employee-centric culture encouraging teamwork & collaboration, creative ideas, and self-development; having formerly come from a more traditional work environment with strict policies on PTO, etc., the "take the time you need" policy and other great benefits offered by Eventbrite are quite refreshing. I go to the office every day excited to go to work.

Cons

Base comp could be more competitive, but the company adjusts for that with the availability of stock options

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the innovative agenda and continue to invest in our people; takeaway is to keep doing what you're doing

May 11, 2018

Thank you for the feedback and sharing your thoughts about where we're strong. Appreciate your point of view on innovation and investment in people.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

4. "Great company to work for especially if you value work environments"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Work from home
    Employees are treated like assets

Cons

Fast paced ever changing workplace. You have to meet stats if you will be fired, I was.

Advice to Management

Cut down on the emails and meetings

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback and sharing your experience. I wholeheartedly agree on your emails and meetings advice!

I'm sorry it didn't work out at Eventbrite but do sincerely wish you the... More

5. "Eventbrite treats their engineers right!"

Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in Remote, OR

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eventbrite is an awesome place to work. I'm a huge fan of teamwork and the environment at Eventbrite is very collaborative. Senior engineers/leaders are more than happy to provide support to new team members. Expectations are high at Eventbrite and the company does a great job of providing the support necessary to succeed.

Cons

I would love to see Eventbrite implement a Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example. No task is too big nor too small for Eventbrite's senior leaders and that's infectious for the entire staff.

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! It's exciting to hear you are having a great experience in the engineering team. Thank you for your advice - we will take it to heart. :)

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Best Company in Nashville Hands Down"

Current Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I moved to Nashville I was looking for something challenging, fast paced and a great work environment. Eventbrite is every one of these and then some. I absolutely love coming to work. The people that they hire are extremely driven. It is a work hard, play hard environment. Do your job and enjoy all the great benefits (health insurance, catered in lunch, unlimited snacks, unlimited PTO), So happy to be working for this company and excited to be a part of where we're headed as a team.

Cons

can't think of any

Advice to Management

Things move fast here. Communication could sometimes be better, but that's part of the work environment.

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for joining the team and for your contribution! Your feedback here is also highly valued. Thank you also for your advice on communication - I agree!

"On an upswing"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Through my time at Eventbrite there have been ups and downs, as I think is natural for a company that is rapidly growing and changing. I would currently say we're at a significant upswing based on recent positive changes made to the business.

It feels good to be at a company that consistently wins- we acquire our largest competitors, are at the forefront of innovation in ticketing, and consistently push the envelope. The business is strong and growing and the future looks bright. That success allows us to reinvest in things that matter for the business.

Our physical office locations around the world are top notch - from sweeping views in our Amsterdam office to the typical "tech perks" in San Francisco, there is no shortage of good vibes in the environment. The company benefits are very fair and the new 401k match is an exciting improvement. The recent work HR did to relevel comp according to market rate was a much needed remedy to our historically below-market pay. It finally feels more equitable to the rest of the tech world in San Francisco.

The leadership culture is evolving for the better as well. I feel proud to work for Julia and believe she is an empathetic leader who truly cares about each employee (especially welcomed in the current "me too" political climate). It's a relief to say that Eventbrite has reinvigorated our HR leadership to be more active in shaping company culture and addressing personnel issues.

Work/life balance here is the best of any company I have ever worked for. Time off is not only ok, it is respected (i.e. you won't be expected to work from the beach), and being able to get home at a reasonable hour most days is such a gift.

Cons

As with any company at this stage of growth, there are times when priorities shift abruptly or things seem to be moving very quickly. There are also longtime employees who are no longer effective or mesh well with current culture, but are kept around for historical knowledge, which is frustrating.

Advice to Management

Continue operating in an open, transparent fashion - that goes a long way for employees.

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and advice!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"The best place to work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is an awesome energy here. Everyone is encouraged to be innovative and bring their own ideas to the table. I have also been impressed with how welcoming everyone is especially with new employees. If you have a question, don't hesitate to ask. Lastly, our CEO is awesome. Each time she speaks, I come away feeling inspired. She is genuine and brilliant at the same time. The empathetic leadership she displays is such a big motivator for me. While we are trying to build a business, I certainly feel she cares about the people that work for her. She is amazing!

Cons

With any company experiencing the type of growth we have in a short time, there are challenges along the way. Some of our HR processes can use refining. As we continue to spread across multiple locations, continue to keep those remote employees engaged and communicate with them in person on key initiatives.

Advice to Management

While it is exciting to see the company grow, let's continue to keep the culture and transparency that makes this a special place to work.

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for the description of your experience thus far as a Briteling, the kind words, and the feedback!

I agree that our work to build a fully inclusive global communication superhighway is... More

9. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Caring and collaborative culture
    - Excellent benefits and perks
    - Ability to grow, think critically, and play a part in larger decision making
    - Thoughtful and invested leadership teams
    - Challenging and rewarding work environment

Cons

- Rapid growth has highlighted opportunities for better change management, but something that is already being quickly addressed by the company

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Change management is something we always need to be developing but I'm glad you're seeing growth here.

Thank you for all you do!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

10. "Incredible Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee perks and benefits, work life balance, generous time off, paid parking, fun office environment, open communication, culture

Cons

Business is growing fast, so if you are not flexible or hate change it's not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Apr 26, 2018

You're right: flexibility is key as the business continues to scale globally. I so appreciate the willingness to take on new challenges and flex as the company's needs continue to evolve. Thanks... More