Cover image for Eventbrite

70 Comments

Tech

469.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Eventbrite~344483
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor leadership and incompetent/under(in 17 reviews)
  • "Pay is low, starting off hours are not great(in 11 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good, but salaries still aren't competitive against similarly(in 10 reviews)
  • "Most managers don't have any prior experience in people management.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Management is aware that without consistent growth company cannot go for IPO.(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Race Ethnicity

This rating reflects the overall rating of Eventbrite and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great

Nov 17, 2022 - Customer Sucess Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love it here it's great

Cons

None that I can think of.

We're so glad to read this! Excited to have you here. Thanks for sharing. -EB

2. 5.0

Chill workplace

Oct 31, 2022 - Senior Data Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The folks are very helpful and the work life balance is great. Lots of fun and smart people to work with. Remote work friendly. The company is large enough to provide resources and support, but not so large that your voice will be lost as a small cog in a large machine. Lots of opportunities to explore what you want and generate impact.

Cons

If you come from a large company like FANG, a lot of the tooling and infrastructure is still being developed. Expect to spend time reading through a ton of code and incomplete documentation. While there is support, expect to be the only subject matter expert in your field (with one other person if lucky).

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are excited to see our impact as we bring people together through live experiences! So glad to have you on our team at Eventbrite. -EB

3. Join the Eventbrite team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overall good place to work if you want to make an impact

Oct 17, 2022 - Sr Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Regular interaction with CEO and C-suite from all levels Very focused on maximizing time across geos (blocking out best times for meeting across time zones, no meeting time 2 hours a week for each geo) Good work/life balance Many additional smaller perks in benefits Mission is something you can get passionate about Lots of opportunities to make an impact

Cons

Communication is often unclear although leaders think it is Lack of understanding of needs for all departments and tend to set carte blanche policies as if every department is the same Compensation is lacking compared to others in tech space Too much top down communication without engaging senior leaders to help craft or engage in communication earlier

1 person found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a Briteling with us. We appreciate your contributions to Eventbrite! - EB

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Enjoy emphasis on delivery and quality

Oct 6, 2022 - Senior Softerware Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've had the opportunity to work with a really great team on a modern software engineering stack delivering some pretty cool projects. I find myself learning something new each day and appreciate the work-life balance. I'm proud to call my teammates my friends while working fully remotely. The engineering leadership is able to speak at a detailed level about individual project while still keeping the big picture in mind which is refreshing. I also appreciate the positive impact EventBrite has for its market.

Cons

I wish I could my remote co-workers in person more often, but I truly still prefer fully remote work.

Eventbrite Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. So excited to have you here! -EB

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

great eb

Nov 8, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company and great benefits with eb

Cons

there are no cons for eventbrite

Thank you for sharing your experience ! -EB

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had the best coworkers and the environment was always so welcoming. You were encouraged and given the tools to grow. Benefits were amazing and bringing the pup to work was always the best experience

Cons

Like other tech companies, there were a lot of last-minute shifts with organizational structure, goals and initiatives, etc. - This isn't necessarily a con and is common in tech and startups, but the company was more than 12 years old, so I feel there should have been more structure and experience when making these changes. The way the company handled the 2020 COVID layoffs was less than professional and should have been handled in a different way than they did. I won't do into details more than it was a very cold experience and the teams that were assigned to be supportive to the 40% of employees let go never met the expectations they had sent in their communications.

Eventbrite Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! - EB

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overall Good

Nov 18, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture Unlimited PTO Room for Growth

Cons

Lower pay than most sales positions

Thank you for sharing your experience at Eventbrite! -EB

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great tech culture without 'big company' bureaucracy

Apr 29, 2022 - Principal Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Eventbrite is a great place to work. The mission of bringing the world together through live experiences is something that is very easy to get behind. The brand is well-known globally. The product is loved by its users, and is still continually improving, with a focus on empowering event creators to focus on their businesses by providing tools to make it easy to promote and maintain their events. The company and leadership truly believe in giving employees flexibility and a true work-life balance, through initiatives such as "Britebreak Fridays", where all employees take the first Friday of the month off. With respect to tech, while the team is working through modernizing infrastructure and decomposing a monolith, there is tremendous room for impact on all levels, and very little bureaucracy in the way of proceeding in ways to move things forward.

Cons

The migration from a legacy, monolithic technical architecture, and accompanying org structure, to a future of microservices and full-stack team ownership is a journey, and one that is not without struggle and ambiguity at times. That said, this also presents a great opportunity for impact, with senior-level engineers getting a chance to make decisions that will reverberate for years to come.

2 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are excited to see our impact as we bring people together through live experiences! -EB

10. 5.0

A Great Place to work

Oct 4, 2022 - Talent Development Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Supportive work environment - Competitive Pay - On site & remote work opportunities - Impactful work

Cons

- Heavy workload - Lots of change

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lies and incompetence

Oct 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and work from home.

Cons

CEO very disconnected with the company. People Ops will fumble every task they get assigned. The pay is not competitive at all. They don’t care anything about Professional development or growing within the company.

6 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for sharing your experience here at Eventbrite. Please know we take all feedback seriously and deeply care about rewarding and developing our people. We are definitely disappointed to read the review and encourage you to connect with your HR representative. - EB

Viewing 1 - 10 of 494 Reviews
</>Embed

Eventbrite Reviews FAQs

Eventbrite has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 600 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Eventbrite to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Eventbrite employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Eventbrite. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

88% of Eventbrite employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Eventbrite 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Eventbrite to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be management, senior leadership, compensation.

Popular Careers with Eventbrite Job Seekers