Eventbrite Senior Software Engineer Reviews

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz
  1. "Taken Care Of"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been amazed at how much Eventbrite invests in me not only as an employee, but also as a person. I'm encouraged to be my best self, to spend time with my family, and also just have fun. There is a clear trajectory for me as an engineer, and a fantastic amount of transparency from our leadership.

Cons

Grant it, I've only been here since June of 2018, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with any cons at this point. :)

Eventbrite2019-01-08
  2. "Come work with the best Nashville has to offer!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at Eventbrite is amazing. Friendly people, excellent work environment, great perks, and the location is great, right near downtown in Cummins Station. The work we do lets people share meaningful experiences with their friends and families.

Cons

Sometimes we have too many meetings.

Eventbrite2016-08-10
  3. "Super duper!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

* Everyone is really nice! - At first i was a little bit skeptical because the people seemed to nice, but it is genuine. * Big but not to big - Eventbrite is big so you get the luxuries from that, but not to big that an individual can't make a difference / impact. * Great Projects - Eventbrite is product focused so you get the build the things users need.

Cons

* Career progression after senior engineer level is unclear. * Paternity leave period is shorter than other similar companies.

Eventbrite2016-08-10

"Great team, great challenges, room for growth"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of smart people, great chances to learn and grow. Benefits are great, wish pay was a little higher, but it's somewhat balanced out by the options which isn't common in Nashville.

Cons

From my perspective, there are very few cons. Communication with the home office in San Francisco can sometimes be a challenge due to the time zone difference, and the fact that people there tend to come in late (and work late). That sometimes means that it can be 10/11am before any other engineers are available for discussions.

Continue reading
    Eventbrite2015-05-04

May 20, 2015

Thanks for the feedback here! As an emerging global culture, we've still got a lot of room for growth. Our goal is to become a truly unified global company by building a muscle that hasn't existed before and driving awareness and transparency through constant communication. A high velocity feedback loop is what we're after in order to really feel united across all 8 of our offices around the world. Come to our meet up every Thursday at 8:30am PT over Google Hangout - Kevin and I are excited to hear from you! Julia Hartz - Co-founder & President

"Good for junior staff looking to get experience, others might want to think twice."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

- Founders and management were all really cool and approachable. - Vacation policy was pretty awesome (possibly the best perk there) - Engineering mostly moved at a pretty good pace compared to other companies. - Engineering leadership were smart and qualified for their jobs (which is always nice).

Cons

- The business domain of online ticketing isn't as cool in 2015 as it was when Eventbrite was founded and Eventbrite is no longer a startup or a disruptor. Eventbrite is a peacetime company now. For me, this was a con. - Probably the most frugal company in all of San Francisco. If you're used to dual Apple monitors and frequent company outings, this isn't the place for you. - Lots of major Kool-aid drinkers across the entire company. - Python and Django as the hammer to every nail. - Some engineering teams would frequently shoot themselves in the foot by hiring very junior staff that required LOTS of training during periods where resources were insanely stretched thin. Which is great for the Jr staff, but bad for employees that have equity in the company. - Architecture was the concern of an oligarchy called the "architecture team". Do you have experience with software design and SOAs? Too bad if you're not on that team. - "No" as the knee-jerk reaction to most requests asked of Ops. Which is common to most companies, but worth mentioning that Eventbrite Ops is no different.

Eventbrite2015-04-04

May 20, 2015

Hi there - thanks for taking the time to give your assessment of where we could be doing better and what we're doing well right now. It's so helpful to get feedback in general and I appreciate your transparency here in regards to what your experience was like at Eventbrite. Obviously, I have a different point of view in terms of Eventbrite's stage in the cycle of disruption. Our vision for the future is clear and compelling: to become the global marketplace for live experiences. This is something that hasn't been done before and so the enormity and challenging nature of this excites me every day. We've got a huge climb to get there! One area I think we can definitely continue to improve upon is our framework around coaching and development for not only leaders but those who are coming in to the company at a junior level. In order to be able to support those who are newer to their job or position, I think we need to have a strong framework for development. We're getting there but this is definitely an area where I think we need to make a lot of headway as we continue to grow as a team. Thanks again for your thoughts! Even if we don't see eye to eye on all of them, I really appreciate your perspective and feedback. Julia Hartz - Co-founder & President

6. "Nice place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mendoza

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people in Mendoza is great! You can learn from peers from the USA, Spain, Argentina, among others.

Cons

Some teams have poor challenges and others have more exciting ones. People management is not well implemented, but you can live without it.

Continue reading
    Eventbrite2019-02-22

March 2, 2019

Thank you for your guidance and perspective! I appreciate your candor and will look for ways in which we can strengthen people management in Argentina and engineering. — Julia Hartz, CEO

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews