Eventbrite "comes to mind" Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "comes to mind"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Making an Impact not just on Events but Me"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency. Going through and watching the IPO process was incredibly rewarding. Continuing the incredible investments in your leaders and team members.

Eventbrite Response

Nov 11, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

2. "5+ years and going strong!"

Current Employee - Content Strategist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Content Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite (More than 5 years)

Pros

• People
    • Fast-paced work environment (never a dull day)
    • Benefits
    • Perks (catered meals, snacks, juice bar, etc.)
    • Opportunities for professional development

Cons

The one con that comes to mind is the disconnect between offices/locations. While not necessary to interface with everyone in the company on a consistent basis, there are names I don't know and haven't heard before. Further, when meeting a "new" team member, it's not uncommon to learn they've been with the company for 6 months or more—which can be a bit awkward and embarrassing. As any company grows, this is expected (to not know every person in the organization), so it's only a minor issue and not one that weighs heavily on my decision to stick with the company.

Advice to Management

Continue the efforts to innovate and share results of company-wide initiatives. The one thing I appreciate most about my experience so far is the emphasis on collaboration, inclusion and transparency. Never have I felt out of the loop (maybe not fully informed, but never out of the loop). This is something that a lot of people take for granted and I definitely don't. It's not every day you get called into a meeting with your CEO to discuss what's working and what's not. It's not every day that your VP sits with you at lunch and asks you (genuinely) what you're working on and how they can help. This is not your run-of-the-mill company, and protecting that is paramount. Please, please, please maintain and build on the foundation you've created because that's what makes Eventbrite unique.

Eventbrite Response

Nov 10, 2016 – VP, People

Thank you for the feedback (and for 5+ awesome years!) Great call on continuing to work on the connection between our offices and Britelings. Would love to hear any ideas you have!

-Dana Kilian... More

3. "Outstanding company!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has been an amazing experience to be a part of this company. The culture and work environment are awesome and everybody is extremely supportive of one another. I couldn't ask for a better work/life balance (in my position, you can work from home!) and the benefits are outstanding. Our leadership is fantastic and transparent about changes within the company. You feel like you are actually a part of something rather than just another employee.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind, and I wouldn't necessarily call it a con since this is a growing company, but it would be great to have a clearer sense in regard to career growth and opportunities. I understand that with a company growing this quickly, changes happen frequently so it is difficult to really pinpoint a career path.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and keep doing what you do! Everybody has been great so I couldn't ask for more!

4. "The best job ever!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beyond the "tech world" perks (food, wellness programs, dogs in the office, etc), I really enjoy the team culture at Eventbrite. Everyone is friendly, smart and collaborative. I feel like I am part of something here and that my opinion and ideas matter. It's nice to work in an environment that emulates innovation and teamwork.

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind! There are a few kinks to work out with it being a young and rapidly growing company, but that's to be expected. All smiles here!

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "Great people, great product!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Eventbrite has incredibly talented, driven, intelligent employees which makes for an exciting and fast-paced working environment. The culture is fun and still feels start up-y even though we are growing and close to 300 employees. There is a lot of encouragement for growth - both professionally and intellectually. Plus, we genuinely love our product and are proud of the work that we get to put out!

Cons

I don't really have any negatives to add. The only one that comes to mind is that a lot of managers are first time managers, so there can be some bumps in the road; however, there is ongoing growth, training and education, which helps strengthen their skills.