Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

4.0
Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz
Pros
  • "Friendly work environment that really makes an effort to honor work life balance(in 51 reviews)

• "You can work remotely and have great benefits(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains associated with a scaling company: some disorganization at the senior level can give individual contributors whiplash and cause burnout(in 15 reviews)

• "Management didn't show the most interest in supporting entry level career growth, though admittedly they had very busy schedules(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work!

Jan 22, 2021 - Customer Support Representative in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits for employees along with free snacks.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Thank you and glad to hear this! - DH

2. 3.0

Good Place to Work

May 14, 2020 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great benefits (unlimited vacation, free lunch, commuter benefits, etc.). Lots of opportunity to do work that impacts the whole company. Strong culture of experimentation, learning from the past, and continuous improvement.

Cons

Top level leadership has shown a willingness to experiment, admit when they're wrong, and change direction... unfortunately they seem to make a lot of wrong guesses and not many right ones.

Many thanks for this constructive feedback - DH

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Making an Impact not just on Events but Me

Nov 5, 2018 - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

3 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you! - Julia Hartz, CEO

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place I have ever worked

Mar 8, 2019 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- We have a great educational culture. For me, the most important thing I was looking for was investment in my engineering education, and that's happened on both a team/manager level and department wide. We have many internal educational programs (lectures, workshops, funding for conferences and educational materials, mentorship program, access to Udemy courses, etc), and my managers have been fully supportive of helping me transition to fullstack engineer. I mean, I am working right now with one of the founders on Django on an educational project. That's so awesome in and of itself. - We have a great engineering culture. We have a healthy culture of feedback and discussion - I feel like we are always discussing the best way to accomplish things, and people are really passionate about finding the right way forward that's the best for everyone. - I really believe in the product and mission. Our goals are to help create live experiences as well as support our event creators, which is something I can definitely get behind, having been an event planner in a previous life. - I get to bring my whole self to work, and get to do all the things I'm interested in. I'm not only interested in coding - I also love education and diversity initiatives, and have been allowed work time to accomplish things like an internal mentorship program and bringing diverse groups into our space. - We have a great culture overall. Management is celebratory of the work we do, without being too over the top and flashy (unlike some other companies in the area). We have lots of great internal events as well. Also, I really feel like management cares about both the employees and customers. Management is constantly asking for feedback and acting upon it. - I have lots of opportunity for growth and promotion, and options available to pursue the career path I want - either continuing to be an individual contributor or go into management. I've also had multiple directors across different departments take interest in my career growth and offer their help. - I feel like I'm being paid very fairly and there are great benefits. Good medical, and lots of really nice perks around the office - smoothie bar, in house massages/chiro, lunch is provided, snacks, commuting benefits, wellness stipend, etc. - I am really listened to by my manager and upper management. I was rather unhappy on a project due to extenuating circumstances, and was switched to a different project that was more in line with what I want to accomplish. All of which I feel very grateful for. - Good work-life balance. Sometimes there's a project deadline and people have to work really hard to get stuff out of the door, but in general managers are really respectful of work life balance. We also have a really good culture of being flexible with time off and working remote. - I get to build cool stuff, working for our R&D department. - The interview process was one of the best I've ever been through. They were willing to meet me where I was at (being a junior engineer), and my first phone screen was with a director, not a recruiter. That really left a lasting impression on me. - Lastly, the people. I LOVE the people I get to work with - they are so incredibly knowledgeable, kind, and supportive. Also, just really freaking cool. Everyone has something that they are passionate about, both inside and outside of work. I have met so many amazing and inspiring people at work, and genuinely feel like I have made friends. This is probably one of the biggest factors of what's going to keep me around for a long time. All in all, I can't recommend Eventbrite enough. I love it here, plain and simple.

Cons

The internal development environment has been really difficult to work with in the past - lots of lost time and productivity. We don't have an official QA department. That sometimes is a bit concerning. Sometimes our internal culture isn't as cohesive as I would like - both SF wide and engineering as well. I do feel connected to other offices, as we have had opportunity to visit and work with each other which I feel grateful for. But I thankfully have friends across all the departments, which makes it feel a lot smaller.

7 people found this review helpful

Thank you for this feedback! Very helpful. - David

5. 5.0

Great place to work

Aug 4, 2019 - Support in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learned, grew, great benefits. I think the company overall is in an exciting place.

Cons

None that is unique to Eventbrite

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Saturated Market - Over priced - Leaders

Jul 2, 2019 - Large Account Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. As with most tech offices, we get food..

Cons

If they promise you a dollar, you probably get $.50. Look at there stock before you buy into what they promise on the offer letter - I lost 6 months, plus working this saturated platform.

4 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Food an important perk but feeling fairly compensated is probably more important. And while SF and the stock market are both unpredictable creatures, we truly value our hub in this city and want to keep our talented folks around. If you're still with us in the Briteland, I want to make sure you feel heard. If you're open to it, grab a time slot to talk to our CEO 1:1 in her office hours. You can also reach out to bx@eventbrite or me personally. I'd love to talk about what you'd like to see. - Vivian Chaves, Community Director SF

7. 4.0

Sales Development Representative at Eventbrite

Sep 17, 2018 - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Workplace culture. Great benefits, monthly wellness stipend, free lunch everyday, keg in the kitchen, happy hours all the time, pet friendly, ping pong table.

Cons

On the sales side - mostly young, outgoing recent college grads. Can feel a bit like high school or college (sort of fratty).

Eventbrite Response

Thanks for your great feedback here - I appreciate the specificity. - Julia Hartz, CEO

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Definitely a "Best Place to Work"

Apr 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Eventbrite truly deserves it's status as one of the top places to work in the Bay Area - it has a strong employee-centric culture encouraging teamwork & collaboration, creative ideas, and self-development; having formerly come from a more traditional work environment with strict policies on PTO, etc., the "take the time you need" policy and other great benefits offered by Eventbrite are quite refreshing. I go to the office every day excited to go to work.

Cons

Base comp could be more competitive, but the company adjusts for that with the availability of stock options

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for the feedback and sharing your thoughts about where we're strong. Appreciate your point of view on innovation and investment in people. - Julia Hartz, CEO

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Company in Nashville Hands Down

Apr 19, 2018 - Sales in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I moved to Nashville I was looking for something challenging, fast paced and a great work environment. Eventbrite is every one of these and then some. I absolutely love coming to work. The people that they hire are extremely driven. It is a work hard, play hard environment. Do your job and enjoy all the great benefits (health insurance, catered in lunch, unlimited snacks, unlimited PTO), So happy to be working for this company and excited to be a part of where we're headed as a team.

Cons

can't think of any

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for joining the team and for your contribution! Your feedback here is also highly valued. Thank you also for your advice on communication - I agree! - Julia Hartz, CEO

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Software Engineer

May 3, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are smart, down-to-earth, and helpful. Really supportive atmosphere for newer engineers who are willing to ask for help - everyone is happy to answer questions and take time to go over new concepts. Ego does not get in the way. Management is available and transparent. Remote employees are first-class citizens. Great benefits. Family-friendly office culture is reflected both in company policy and actions of employees up and down the corporate ladder.

Cons

Navigating the time difference with colleagues working 10-6 in SF creates some logistical hurdles. Work is ongoing around onboarding, goal setting and career ladder processes, which aren't fully ironed out.

2 people found this review helpful