Eventbrite "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Eventbrite looks after it's employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Strong Work Ethic in the Company
    -Emphasis on the culture of the office and happiness of the employees
    -Young Growing Workforce
    -Great Benefits - Catered lunches, Fitness memberships, Travel reimbursements

Cons

-None immediately come to mind

"Making an Impact not just on Events but Me"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency. Going through and watching the IPO process was incredibly rewarding. Continuing the incredible investments in your leaders and team members.

Nov 11, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

3. "Sales Development Representative at Eventbrite"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Workplace culture. Great benefits, monthly wellness stipend, free lunch everyday, keg in the kitchen, happy hours all the time, pet friendly, ping pong table.

Cons

On the sales side - mostly young, outgoing recent college grads. Can feel a bit like high school or college (sort of fratty).

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees well!! Be a little more transparent about the nature of the SDR role on the front end for someone who doesn't have experience in a call center.

Oct 29, 2018

Thanks for your great feedback here - I appreciate the specificity.

"Misleading"

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

For the most part, people are nice and Eventbrite has great benefits.

Cons

For all of the good things EB has going on for itself, it is outweighed by the sorority culture it has among its people. EB is best described as a superficial culture that lacks genuine interaction -- the leaders I worked with pretended to care and be on your side but would conspire against you and shut themselves off from all forms of communication. I often times would come into work and have to guess if my manager was having a bad day and if they'll deflect their negativity onto me.

The people I worked with were all intelligent and respectable, but there were plenty of moments where they leveraged that and became condescending. Definitely a culture of flexing and seeing who has the bigger stick. Additionally, if your work is not your life, and you are not constantly thinking about "Eventbrite," you will have a very tough time connecting with anyone. Here, you have to be all about Eventbrite or you're out.

Eventbrite prides itself for its work life balance and even has an unlimited PTO plan for its employees, however, they hardly practice what they preach. Unlimited PTO is pretty much a myth used as a pitch to get you to sign on with them. I had a vacation planned and gave my manager plenty of notice ahead of time and was still hounded for responses and work during that time -- is it not common sense to respect my personal time? Don't be fooled by the benefits and the people. Easily the worst place I've worked in my career.

Advice to Management

The CEO is a great woman and leader that I personally loved to talk to, but it's a shame that other leaders can't take after that and keep their power trip to themselves. Learn transparency and honesty. If you are going to whisper a secret about another team member or other colleagues, be less obvious about it. Please be more aware of your team members' needs or please evaluate who you're putting in a leadership position before you do it. There were way too many under-qualified people in leadership roles and it just doesn't make sense. Do better.

May 11, 2018

I'm really sorry to hear this experience existed for you while also appreciating your candidness. I'd love to speak directly about your experience so if you are inclined, please do reach out... More

"Definitely a "Best Place to Work""

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Eventbrite truly deserves it's status as one of the top places to work in the Bay Area - it has a strong employee-centric culture encouraging teamwork & collaboration, creative ideas, and self-development; having formerly come from a more traditional work environment with strict policies on PTO, etc., the "take the time you need" policy and other great benefits offered by Eventbrite are quite refreshing. I go to the office every day excited to go to work.

Cons

Base comp could be more competitive, but the company adjusts for that with the availability of stock options

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the innovative agenda and continue to invest in our people; takeaway is to keep doing what you're doing

May 11, 2018

Thank you for the feedback and sharing your thoughts about where we're strong. Appreciate your point of view on innovation and investment in people.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Best Company in Nashville Hands Down"

Current Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I moved to Nashville I was looking for something challenging, fast paced and a great work environment. Eventbrite is every one of these and then some. I absolutely love coming to work. The people that they hire are extremely driven. It is a work hard, play hard environment. Do your job and enjoy all the great benefits (health insurance, catered in lunch, unlimited snacks, unlimited PTO), So happy to be working for this company and excited to be a part of where we're headed as a team.

Cons

can't think of any

Advice to Management

Things move fast here. Communication could sometimes be better, but that's part of the work environment.

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for joining the team and for your contribution! Your feedback here is also highly valued. Thank you also for your advice on communication - I agree!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"No longer the place it was"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good office location
    free lunch, and some great benefits. However there is still no pension plan for UK employees.
    Some good staff
    Great potential if they had stronger leadership

Cons

The company is dominated by a sales culture that is driven by targets, and lead by a management team who have a blame culture. They are quick to sack staff rather than taking responsibility for their own incompetencies as managers.
    The US office often make decisions on behalf of the international teams without consultation and without any knowledge of the international markets and their business needs. There is a lack of experienced leadership in the UK and a complete lack of understanding of the market they are trying to move in to. The culture has been on the decline in the last 2 years and much of the talent in the UK and US has moved on. The huge turnover of staff is something that I have never experienced before.

Advice to Management

You need stronger leadership in the offices outside of the US. You should invest more in your staff and ensure you have experienced managers and leaders that provide support to their staff, and coach their teams to success. HR in the satellite offices is a must.

"Customer Experience Review"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, exciting atmosphere, supportive leaders.

Cons

Lack of career growth, overzealous company culture, poor comp.

"Software Engineer"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Colleagues are smart, down-to-earth, and helpful. Really supportive atmosphere for newer engineers who are willing to ask for help - everyone is happy to answer questions and take time to go over new concepts. Ego does not get in the way. Management is available and transparent. Remote employees are first-class citizens. Great benefits. Family-friendly office culture is reflected both in company policy and actions of employees up and down the corporate ladder.

Cons

Navigating the time difference with colleagues working 10-6 in SF creates some logistical hurdles. Work is ongoing around onboarding, goal setting and career ladder processes, which aren't fully ironed out.

"Team Lead"

I have been working at Eventbrite (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of flexibility, work from home when needed, great benefits, lots of perks. Everyone is part of high level strategies.

Cons

Ever changing environment, sometimes inconsistency

Advice to Management

Never lose sight of the core values of work/life balance.