Eventbrite "growing company" Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "growing company"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

smart, active(pro-active) colleagues, with good communication to upper management and between departments.

Cons

fast growing company, so it creates holes in communication and mentality due to to fast integration of new members/teams.

Advice to Management

bring the good parts of the company globally, but don't push away the individuality of each location/region/team.

Aug 21, 2018

I appreciate your advice -- which is critical to maintaining the authentic spirit, rituals, and best practices from each local team while empowering everyone with a common set of tools and... More

2. "Best Place to work in Nashville"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't think you can find a better place to work in Nashville. The people are genuine and make work fun, but also push you to do your best and be competitive- the "Work hard, play hard" attitude is alive every single day you walk through the doors. The perks are just a bonus on top of that- amazing free lunch every day, dogs in the office, generous time off policy, work from home capability- and that's just the beginning. I'm immensely proud to be a Briteling and still get excited that I work here.

Cons

There are a lot of changes as expected with a growing company, but sometimes I feel the communication could be better. They do a great job with overall company updates and communication on growth, but sometimes the updates on what matters most to our day-to-day duties are kept in the shadows for a little bit too long by management. Compensation may be below market, but there are so many other benefits and perks that make up for it, and it is definitely something that has been given attention.

Advice to Management

Keep communication and transparency to your employees at Eventbrite's core. There is a very "team-like" atmosphere for the company overall that spreads to all of our offices around the world- I think this is one way to keep the feeling that we are all on one big team, no matter how large the company becomes.

May 25, 2018

Thank you for your very thoughtful feedback on communication - heard loud and clear! ;) Thank you for all you do every day to make the Nashville office rock.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

3. "Couldn't be happier with where I am!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eventbrite has an incredible workplace environment. I feel genuinely cared about and valued not only within my own team and office but across the company as a whole. My coworkers are my closest friends and I spend so much time with them outside of work.

The company is growing at a rapid rate and it is incredible to be a part of. I truly feel that I am contributing to that growth in a very real way. From my manager all the way up the chain, there is a consistency and transparency regarding my role, expectations and future opportunities.

The benefits are incredible. Catered lunch every day, happy hours in the office regularly, and a full fridge and snack drawers. Quarterly office-wide parties and celebrations.

There is a great balance between accountability and freedom to control the work that you do on a daily basis.

Cons

Very difficult to find Cons. With any growing company, when changes and growth occur there can be some shifting in responsibilities within roles. Managers are effective in communicating these changes with the altering expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep up everything that you are doing! I feel very supported and heard.

"Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - National Sales Manager
    Current Employee - National Sales Manager

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

- Thoughtful approach to every aspect of the business and culture
    - Surrounded by incredibly talented and creative people every day
    - Dog friendly
    - Start-up mentality gives everyone the opportunity to share their ideas and be heard

Cons

- Must be able to innovate and rapidly respond to a versatile platform, at a growing Company, in a complex industry.

Advice to Management

- Continue to be visible with updates and key initiatives

5. "Outstanding company!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has been an amazing experience to be a part of this company. The culture and work environment are awesome and everybody is extremely supportive of one another. I couldn't ask for a better work/life balance (in my position, you can work from home!) and the benefits are outstanding. Our leadership is fantastic and transparent about changes within the company. You feel like you are actually a part of something rather than just another employee.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind, and I wouldn't necessarily call it a con since this is a growing company, but it would be great to have a clearer sense in regard to career growth and opportunities. I understand that with a company growing this quickly, changes happen frequently so it is difficult to really pinpoint a career path.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and keep doing what you do! Everybody has been great so I couldn't ask for more!

6. "The best job ever!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beyond the "tech world" perks (food, wellness programs, dogs in the office, etc), I really enjoy the team culture at Eventbrite. Everyone is friendly, smart and collaborative. I feel like I am part of something here and that my opinion and ideas matter. It's nice to work in an environment that emulates innovation and teamwork.

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind! There are a few kinks to work out with it being a young and rapidly growing company, but that's to be expected. All smiles here!

Advice to Management

N/A

"Holy Awesome, Batman!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many! Let's start with the fact that we have unlimited time off...BAM! Then let's talk about how open, honest and transparent our leadership team is. A weekly Heart to Hartz with our cofounders? POW! Freedom and autonomy to make creative decisions while working with awesome people...ZAP! Topping it off with free meals that are super tasty and the fact that there are dogs in our office...BANG!

Cons

It's a developing and growing company so careers paths can be unclear...BIFF! We're kind of like an awkward teenager and experiencing some growing pains. Our processes aren't always buttoned up which can cause duplication of efforts or confusion...ZONK!

Advice to Management

Stay true to the vision and mission. You are all so inspiring and it's the consistent reinforcement of our mission and values that will carry us through our awkward teenage years. Can't wait to see what's in store for us next!

Oct 5, 2015 – Eventbrite

This might be one of the best reviews of Eventbrite I've read so far (and I've read all of them!). Thanks for the honesty and the humor -- two attributes I see often in Britelings! Julia Hartz... More

8. "Literally the best"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best companies I've ever worked for. The work-life balance is great. The benefits are top notch. And I literally hate no one in the office, they're just too easy to get along with!

Cons

Every growing company has growing pains and Eventbrite is no different. That being said, it does a great job at correcting itself and adapting to new trends / techniques in management / growth strategies / the list goes on.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to find new ways in doing things. It's great to get inspiration from other companies, but we should trust in our creatives more.

9. "So thankful for the opportunity to work at Eventbrite!"

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-High value placed on giving feedback
    -Great culture of personal and team growth and improvement
    -Employees feel valued
    -Office has a fun, friendly culture and employees hang out a lot after work
    -Great communication across all offices
    -Thorough training

Cons

-It's a fast growing company, so salaries haven't quite caught up to the growth yet, but that's true of most successful startups

10. "Ownership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company encourages the 'make it happen' spirit by providing ownership in the product that you make. There isn't tons of bureaucratic red tape as many of the executive are down to earth and available.

Cons

As any other growing company, scaling the product to meet the needs of the world are always a challenge. Adapting can cause uneasiness, leading to attrition.

Advice to Management

Have a clear vision and focus.