Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Feb 17, 2020

4.0
Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz
Pros
  • "Friendly work environment that really makes an effort to honor work life balance(in 51 reviews)

• "You can work remotely and have great benefits(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains associated with a scaling company: some disorganization at the senior level can give individual contributors whiplash and cause burnout(in 15 reviews)

• "Management didn't show the most interest in supporting entry level career growth, though admittedly they had very busy schedules(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great People, Growing Company

Jun 3, 2019 - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great office perks, creative team and cool industry.

Cons

Growing pains associated with a scaling company: some disorganization at the senior level can give individual contributors whiplash and cause burnout.

Eventbrite Response

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time here overall and totally hear you on the fast growth. The senior leader team is working hard to provide more clarity and to sharpen our focus as we continue to scale. Thanks for taking a moment to share you experience - I appreciate the feedback. Vivian Chaves -- Community Director, San Francisco

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Disrupting Tech

Feb 17, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership and growing really fast

Cons

With such fast growth, they ran into growing pains

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company for engineers who want growth & learning

Dec 14, 2015 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at many companies, small & big, but never anything like EventBrite. This is the greatest company for engineers who want to learn, grow, and collaborate with others. They have a team of engineers who are really smart but at the same time very personable. There are some very experienced people working alongside Hackbright or new college grads; they have little work areas setup where a group can congregate and do some pairing together. The culture at EventBrite seems to fit the individual; if you're the type who wants to work alone, that's fine, but if you need help, just ask for it. I haven't met a single person I would hesitate to work with. We have 2 remote engineering teams in Mendoza and Nashville, both of these teams are great and easy to work with. To break up the work we host meetups, have beer on tap, clap when we are excited about something, and give out gnome awards. The office in San Francisco is very cool, we have an open work environment, but I also love going into the big Library (no talking allowed) for some quiet work time.

Cons

Like any company transitioning from a small startup to a mid-size company (EventBrite has been around 10 years now) it is experiencing some growing pains. I don't think this is very alarming, compared to early stage startups.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I'm excited to come to work every day

Sep 7, 2016 -  in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've never felt more excited about working for a company than I have Eventbrite. The autonomy I have to work really helps me prioritize what I think is most important. I'm not micromanaged, but I have weekly meetings with my manager. We operate in an environment where transparency, personal all around wellness, and team building are three of the biggest tenets. I feel like the work that I do really means something and brings added value to the company as a whole, and my coworkers are like my family. I'm so happy I made the desicion to work here.

Cons

Like every job, there are ups and downs. Growing pains happen and not everything is perfect, but I love having the open dialogue to talk to the CEO and all levels of management about anything I'm feeling uneasy about.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Holy Awesome, Batman!

Sep 9, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many! Let's start with the fact that we have unlimited time off...BAM! Then let's talk about how open, honest and transparent our leadership team is. A weekly Heart to Hartz with our cofounders? POW! Freedom and autonomy to make creative decisions while working with awesome people...ZAP! Topping it off with free meals that are super tasty and the fact that there are dogs in our office...BANG!

Cons

It's a developing and growing company so careers paths can be unclear...BIFF! We're kind of like an awkward teenager and experiencing some growing pains. Our processes aren't always buttoned up which can cause duplication of efforts or confusion...ZONK!

Eventbrite

This might be one of the best reviews of Eventbrite I've read so far (and I've read all of them!). Thanks for the honesty and the humor -- two attributes I see often in Britelings! Julia Hartz - Co-founder & President

6. 5.0

Literally the best

Jul 16, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best companies I've ever worked for. The work-life balance is great. The benefits are top notch. And I literally hate no one in the office, they're just too easy to get along with!

Cons

Every growing company has growing pains and Eventbrite is no different. That being said, it does a great job at correcting itself and adapting to new trends / techniques in management / growth strategies / the list goes on.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, great culture!

Aug 12, 2016 - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Eventbrite is a wonderful place to work. There is an overall culture of trust, openness and transparency that is truly unique for a company this size. Most individuals and teams are extremely collaborative and cross-functional dynamics are very strong. Benefits, perks and work/life balance are excellent. There is a great mix of small-company drive and energy and larger-company maturity.

Cons

Would be good to have clearer career growth opportunities. A few growing pains, but to be expected at this stage in the company's evolution.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A place where you truly enjoy coming to work everyday!

May 13, 2014 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunities to learn and grow within the organization - A strong focus on work/life balance - Collaborative team culture - Awesome benefits and employee perks (and a sweet new office!) - Open communication with leadership - Overall, a truly exciting and fun place to work!

Cons

As with any growing company, there are growing pains. Figuring out processes and solutions as we grow and scale the team in SF and expand internationally.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company with vision, dedication, and heart.

Oct 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting growth with recent acquisition Solid benefits Elevated, mature workforce Dedication from senior leadership to continue diversity initiatives Challenging, yet fulfilling, problems to solve Supported as a working parent and to maintain a healthy work/life balance

Cons

As with any company, there are growing pains that come along with change. However, no significant 'cons' that I've encountered in my time here.

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

on the upswing!

May 10, 2018 - Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

fast growing company, smart people, lots of creativity and enthusiasm, thoughtful leadership willing to try new things CFO is very funny and great to work with

Cons

growing pains, learning as we go, unclear internal communication at times, lots to do

Eventbrite Response

Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you calling out some areas where we can continue to focus and improve. - Julia Hartz, CEO

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews