Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Feb 17, 2020

4.2
Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains associated with a scaling company: some disorganization at the senior level can give individual contributors whiplash and cause burnout(in 16 reviews)

• "Management didn't show the most interest in supporting entry level career growth, though admittedly they had very busy schedules(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"Great People, Growing Company"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great office perks, creative team and cool industry.

Cons

Growing pains associated with a scaling company: some disorganization at the senior level can give individual contributors whiplash and cause burnout.

Eventbrite2019-06-03

June 11, 2019

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time here overall and totally hear you on the fast growth. The senior leader team is working hard to provide more clarity and to sharpen our focus as we continue to scale. Thanks for taking a moment to share you experience - I appreciate the feedback. Vivian Chaves -- Community Director, San Francisco

2. "Disrupting Tech"

4.0

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Great leadership and growing really fast

Cons

With such fast growth, they ran into growing pains

Eventbrite2019-02-17

"on the upswing!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

fast growing company, smart people, lots of creativity and enthusiasm, thoughtful leadership willing to try new things CFO is very funny and great to work with

Cons

growing pains, learning as we go, unclear internal communication at times, lots to do

Eventbrite2018-05-10

May 24, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you calling out some areas where we can continue to focus and improve. - Julia Hartz, CEO

"4 years later and I still love coming to work every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I couldn't be more proud to work for a company like Eventbrite. Beyond the amazing benefits (...and they ARE amazing - and just keep getting better!), and my co-workers who have become my family, I feel challenged and fulfilled with the work that I do. I can see where my work makes an impact for the company at large and I feel supported by direct manager, my c-level manager, and my team. There is so much transparency, and ability to ask questions to management up to CEO level, but you have to take advantage of the opportunities. (ie: asking questions in Hearts to Hartz and being open in team meetings and your 1:1's with your manager if you have questions or issues to address) I'd say even after two major acquisitions last year, we're operating at the best I've seen in my 4 years at the company, and I'm so excited to see where 2018 takes us!

Cons

There were some growing pains last year that I think some people felt more than others, but I'm seeing action being taken to solve those issues. So, while I'd put this as a "con" for last year - It's actually more of a "pro" for this year.

Eventbrite2018-01-16

March 8, 2018

Thanks for the transparent feedback! 2018 is off to a great start and there is tons of hard work ahead. -- Julia Hartz, CEO

"A company with vision, dedication, and heart."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting growth with recent acquisition Solid benefits Elevated, mature workforce Dedication from senior leadership to continue diversity initiatives Challenging, yet fulfilling, problems to solve Supported as a working parent and to maintain a healthy work/life balance

Cons

As with any company, there are growing pains that come along with change. However, no significant 'cons' that I've encountered in my time here.

Eventbrite2017-10-13

"I'm excited to come to work every day"

in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite

Pros

I've never felt more excited about working for a company than I have Eventbrite. The autonomy I have to work really helps me prioritize what I think is most important. I'm not micromanaged, but I have weekly meetings with my manager. We operate in an environment where transparency, personal all around wellness, and team building are three of the biggest tenets. I feel like the work that I do really means something and brings added value to the company as a whole, and my coworkers are like my family. I'm so happy I made the desicion to work here.

Cons

Like every job, there are ups and downs. Growing pains happen and not everything is perfect, but I love having the open dialogue to talk to the CEO and all levels of management about anything I'm feeling uneasy about.

Eventbrite2016-09-08
  7. "Great company, great culture!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Eventbrite is a wonderful place to work. There is an overall culture of trust, openness and transparency that is truly unique for a company this size. Most individuals and teams are extremely collaborative and cross-functional dynamics are very strong. Benefits, perks and work/life balance are excellent. There is a great mix of small-company drive and energy and larger-company maturity.

Cons

Would be good to have clearer career growth opportunities. A few growing pains, but to be expected at this stage in the company's evolution.

Eventbrite2016-08-12
  8. "Great Environment to work and grow with"

Security Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite

Pros

Great work life balance, good and helpful culture, people want to see you succeed and help each other a lot, very casual and friendly environment. Teams are small so you get to learn a lot!

Cons

Some growing pains as the company is still growing

Eventbrite2016-08-10
  9. "Great company for engineers who want growth & learning"

Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite

Pros

I have worked at many companies, small & big, but never anything like EventBrite. This is the greatest company for engineers who want to learn, grow, and collaborate with others. They have a team of engineers who are really smart but at the same time very personable. There are some very experienced people working alongside Hackbright or new college grads; they have little work areas setup where a group can congregate and do some pairing together. The culture at EventBrite seems to fit the individual; if you're the type who wants to work alone, that's fine, but if you need help, just ask for it. I haven't met a single person I would hesitate to work with. We have 2 remote engineering teams in Mendoza and Nashville, both of these teams are great and easy to work with. To break up the work we host meetups, have beer on tap, clap when we are excited about something, and give out gnome awards. The office in San Francisco is very cool, we have an open work environment, but I also love going into the big Library (no talking allowed) for some quiet work time.

Cons

Like any company transitioning from a small startup to a mid-size company (EventBrite has been around 10 years now) it is experiencing some growing pains. I don't think this is very alarming, compared to early stage startups.

Eventbrite2015-12-15

"Holy Awesome, Batman!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are so many! Let's start with the fact that we have unlimited time off...BAM! Then let's talk about how open, honest and transparent our leadership team is. A weekly Heart to Hartz with our cofounders? POW! Freedom and autonomy to make creative decisions while working with awesome people...ZAP! Topping it off with free meals that are super tasty and the fact that there are dogs in our office...BANG!

Cons

It's a developing and growing company so careers paths can be unclear...BIFF! We're kind of like an awkward teenager and experiencing some growing pains. Our processes aren't always buttoned up which can cause duplication of efforts or confusion...ZONK!

Eventbrite2015-09-10

October 5, 2015Eventbrite

This might be one of the best reviews of Eventbrite I've read so far (and I've read all of them!). Thanks for the honesty and the humor -- two attributes I see often in Britelings! Julia Hartz - Co-founder & President

Found 16 reviews