Eventbrite "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many pro's about working at Eventbrite:
    -autonomy and empowered to make our own decisions
    - great culture in Melbourne with many perks (lunches, dog friendly office, team outings)
    - flexible working arrangement
    - fast growing team with many opportunities
    - market with a huge amount of opportunity with a platform which is the clear leader in the market

Cons

Very few con's to note:
    - growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! As the company grows, let's try to maintain the existing culture and keep empowering your staff as you do currently, very refreshing!

"on the upswing!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast growing company, smart people, lots of creativity and enthusiasm, thoughtful leadership willing to try new things

CFO is very funny and great to work with

Cons

growing pains, learning as we go, unclear internal communication at times, lots to do

Advice to Management

continue striving, learning and improving

May 24, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you calling out some areas where we can continue to focus and improve.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"4 years later and I still love coming to work every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I couldn't be more proud to work for a company like Eventbrite. Beyond the amazing benefits (...and they ARE amazing - and just keep getting better!), and my co-workers who have become my family, I feel challenged and fulfilled with the work that I do. I can see where my work makes an impact for the company at large and I feel supported by direct manager, my c-level manager, and my team.

There is so much transparency, and ability to ask questions to management up to CEO level, but you have to take advantage of the opportunities. (ie: asking questions in Hearts to Hartz and being open in team meetings and your 1:1's with your manager if you have questions or issues to address)

I'd say even after two major acquisitions last year, we're operating at the best I've seen in my 4 years at the company, and I'm so excited to see where 2018 takes us!

Cons

There were some growing pains last year that I think some people felt more than others, but I'm seeing action being taken to solve those issues. So, while I'd put this as a "con" for last year - It's actually more of a "pro" for this year.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and listening to your team. 1:1's are important, so always keep them consistent, no matter how busy you get!

Mar 8, 2018

Thanks for the transparent feedback! 2018 is off to a great start and there is tons of hard work ahead.

-- Julia Hartz, CEO

"A company with vision, dedication, and heart."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting growth with recent acquisition
    Solid benefits
    Elevated, mature workforce
    Dedication from senior leadership to continue diversity initiatives
    Challenging, yet fulfilling, problems to solve
    Supported as a working parent and to maintain a healthy work/life balance

Cons

As with any company, there are growing pains that come along with change. However, no significant 'cons' that I've encountered in my time here.

"I'm excited to come to work every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

I've never felt more excited about working for a company than I have Eventbrite. The autonomy I have to work really helps me prioritize what I think is most important. I'm not micromanaged, but I have weekly meetings with my manager. We operate in an environment where transparency, personal all around wellness, and team building are three of the biggest tenets. I feel like the work that I do really means something and brings added value to the company as a whole, and my coworkers are like my family. I'm so happy I made the desicion to work here.

Cons

Like every job, there are ups and downs. Growing pains happen and not everything is perfect, but I love having the open dialogue to talk to the CEO and all levels of management about anything I'm feeling uneasy about.

Advice to Management

I don't know if all teams operate with as much communication as mine does. I would urge all leaders to keep an open dialogue with their teams.

6. "Great company, great culture!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Eventbrite is a wonderful place to work. There is an overall culture of trust, openness and transparency that is truly unique for a company this size. Most individuals and teams are extremely collaborative and cross-functional dynamics are very strong. Benefits, perks and work/life balance are excellent. There is a great mix of small-company drive and energy and larger-company maturity.

Cons

Would be good to have clearer career growth opportunities. A few growing pains, but to be expected at this stage in the company's evolution.

Advice to Management

Empower individuals to rise from within the ranks to more senior positions.

7. "Great Environment to work and grow with"

Current Employee - Security Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great work life balance, good and helpful culture, people want to see you succeed and help each other a lot, very casual and friendly environment. Teams are small so you get to learn a lot!

Cons

Some growing pains as the company is still growing

"UK office"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Great team, culture and atmosphere. Growing aggressively both in size and stature. An office of committed and open people.
    Great technology in a market ready for disruption.

Cons

With high growth there will always be some growing pains but nothing out of the ordinary

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and open dialogue

9. "Great company for engineers who want growth & learning"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I have worked at many companies, small & big, but never anything like EventBrite. This is the greatest company for engineers who want to learn, grow, and collaborate with others. They have a team of engineers who are really smart but at the same time very personable. There are some very experienced people working alongside Hackbright or new college grads; they have little work areas setup where a group can congregate and do some pairing together. The culture at EventBrite seems to fit the individual; if you're the type who wants to work alone, that's fine, but if you need help, just ask for it. I haven't met a single person I would hesitate to work with. We have 2 remote engineering teams in Mendoza and Nashville, both of these teams are great and easy to work with. To break up the work we host meetups, have beer on tap, clap when we are excited about something, and give out gnome awards. The office in San Francisco is very cool, we have an open work environment, but I also love going into the big Library (no talking allowed) for some quiet work time.

Cons

Like any company transitioning from a small startup to a mid-size company (EventBrite has been around 10 years now) it is experiencing some growing pains. I don't think this is very alarming, compared to early stage startups.

"Holy Awesome, Batman!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many! Let's start with the fact that we have unlimited time off...BAM! Then let's talk about how open, honest and transparent our leadership team is. A weekly Heart to Hartz with our cofounders? POW! Freedom and autonomy to make creative decisions while working with awesome people...ZAP! Topping it off with free meals that are super tasty and the fact that there are dogs in our office...BANG!

Cons

It's a developing and growing company so careers paths can be unclear...BIFF! We're kind of like an awkward teenager and experiencing some growing pains. Our processes aren't always buttoned up which can cause duplication of efforts or confusion...ZONK!

Advice to Management

Stay true to the vision and mission. You are all so inspiring and it's the consistent reinforcement of our mission and values that will carry us through our awkward teenage years. Can't wait to see what's in store for us next!

Oct 5, 2015 – Eventbrite

This might be one of the best reviews of Eventbrite I've read so far (and I've read all of them!). Thanks for the honesty and the humor -- two attributes I see often in Britelings! Julia Hartz... More