Eventbrite "smart people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "smart people"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"on the upswing!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast growing company, smart people, lots of creativity and enthusiasm, thoughtful leadership willing to try new things

CFO is very funny and great to work with

Cons

growing pains, learning as we go, unclear internal communication at times, lots to do

Advice to Management

continue striving, learning and improving

May 24, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you calling out some areas where we can continue to focus and improve.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"a few rotten apples"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free lunches, smart people, culture of technical excellence

Cons

the pressure on the company to perform means that management makes short-term decisions that favor employees with "indispensable knowledge" who drive away other good employees by being abrasive and bad team players.

Advice to Management

In the long run you'll be more successful if you actually focus on the culture as much as you say you do.

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for sharing your point of view. I'm always here and welcome a direct conversation to go deeper on your feedback and experience.

Culture at Eventbrite is a direct manifestation of the... More

"Amazing Place to Work"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Career progression
    Amazing culture
    Smart people across the organization
    The right mix of innovation and execution

Cons

It is hard to find a negative.

4. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - IOS Engineer in Mendoza (Argentina)
    Current Employee - IOS Engineer in Mendoza (Argentina)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

REALLY smart people
    flexible hours
    challenging enviroment
    good engineering managment

Cons

actually, I can't think about cons so far

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"No Coordination; Basically in a hiring freeze."

I have been working at Eventbrite (More than 3 years)

Pros

Standard tech perks (free food, nap room, flexible schedules) .
    Some really smart people.
    There appears to be a decent amount of business opportunity for growth (revenue, not career).

Cons

Virtually no coordination at the estaff level. Departments make decisions in silos putting other departments into spins. Very poor communication down to line workers. Inexperienced people managers. Under market pay.

Advice to Management

Sit down. Build a 3 to 5 year plan based on data and potential to grow top and bottom line. Execute on timelines longer than 3 months. Try talking to each other.

Nov 10, 2016 – VP, People

Thanks for the feedback, we hear you and have some room to grow. In this year's planning process we've been really excited to get an extended senior leadership group from across the company to work... More

"Great people, great mission, great execution"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I get the opportunity to work on innovative solutions with super smart people who are fun to be around. Difficult employees or negative interactions are almost non-existent. Leadership team is superior, as are the engineers I work with every day. Love that we have built a global engineering team.

Company is having success, and I get to learn and have fun every day. Hard to ask for much more than that. I also feel that my contributions are valued.

Cons

Our target markets are very broad, so we have a ton of surface area to cover. Huge opportunity, but also stressful to try to do all of it. Still, I'm glad we do a few too many things rather than a few too few. I think the breadth of our offering is a big reason we are successful where competitors fail.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing everyone on the team to achieve as much as we can. Opportunities like the one we have, to be a hugely successful company that people love, don't come around all that often. Let's make the most of it.

"Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic place to work. Incredible opportunity, lots of support and training, and a management team that cares and is vested in our success. I feel so fortunate to work with such high integrity, smart people, who are passionate and supportive. Such a fabulous place to work and grow my career. I can't imagine being anywhere else!!! Really wonderful environment and a great place to sell. Best solution in the market, with huge upside and aggressive compensation plan!

Cons

I can't think of any. I really appreciate the opportunity to work here and benefit from the experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Open, transparent environment. They bring a make it happen spirit that carries down to everyone!

8. "The best work environment I have ever experienced"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team of very smart people who all love coming to work each day, everyones opinion is highly valued regardless of your position or time at the company. Senior management are very transparent and the work environment that has been created sets everyone up for success.

Cons

Can be harder to execute when outside of the US as there is still reliance on the US team for certain things, but these processes are being improved constantly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing by hiring the right people and empowering them to succeed.

"Great team, great challenges, room for growth"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of smart people, great chances to learn and grow.
    Benefits are great, wish pay was a little higher, but it's somewhat balanced out by the options which isn't common in Nashville.

Cons

From my perspective, there are very few cons. Communication with the home office in San Francisco can sometimes be a challenge due to the time zone difference, and the fact that people there tend to come in late (and work late). That sometimes means that it can be 10/11am before any other engineers are available for discussions.

Advice to Management

Continue on your current path. It's working well for the company, and for the employees.

May 20, 2015

Thanks for the feedback here! As an emerging global culture, we've still got a lot of room for growth. Our goal is to become a truly unified global company by building a muscle that hasn't existed... More

"Enjoyed working for Google, but LOVE working for Eventbrite even more!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at the company, full time, for several years - here goes:

Transparency - I love how everything is communicated to the employees and how often updates are sent out. This manifests in company all hands meetings, emails, exposure to Kevin (CEO) and Julia (President) since they sit at a regular table on the main floor like all other employees, and even a "heart to hartz" where you can ask them any question about the company, goals, etc.

Leadership - Management is pretty awesome and the board, executive staff, and VPs are all very smart and make great decisions. Also doesnt hurt that Julia reaaaaaally cares about people and office morale and makes sure that "wellness" is a top company priority.

Equity/company success - I believe the company will do really well as it scales internationally and across many verticals. Its pretty nice to have equity in a soon-to-IPO company that will be massively successful.

Growth opportunities - People move around all the time. If you're a hard worker you can jump to other positions either by moving teams, or being promoted. Its awesome how Eventbrite helps its employees do what they love.

Perks - free food/snacks/beer, dogs in office, massage, yoga, acupuncture, nap room, games room, tons of offsites, opportunities to join groups for sports or similar interests, great medical/dental, wellness and transportation stipend, unlimited vacation days via a "take the time you need" approach, and best of all - SMART PEOPLE that are humble and fun to work with (yes, I hang out with my team outside of work because I enjoy their company!)

Cons

I've been at the company for several years and have seen how people who underperform get fired (which is fair to do), but the manner in which its communicated to employees/team members can be done better.

Advice to Management

Please start matching 401k.

Because Eventbrite is a growing company, its people are growing professionally with it. Eventbrite has been hiring very smart, motivated, and cool people to work with but then when it was time to promote them to be managers - they were first time managers that had never managed people and didnt know how to do so. I think theres more training going on now so please keep the training going to ensure managers know how to lead effectively.