Eventbrite "time you need" Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "time you need"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Making an Impact not just on Events but Me"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency. Going through and watching the IPO process was incredibly rewarding. Continuing the incredible investments in your leaders and team members.

Nov 11, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

2. "Best Place to Work Nashville - On Paper and IRL"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Get to work with teams who have a direct pulse on what is going on in the industry
    - Perfect marriage of passion for live events and tech
    - Creativity is encouraged and championed
    - Take the time you need policy - physical and mental wellness is a priority
    - Challenged daily
    - Incredibly smart peers
    - Dog (Barkling) friendly

Cons

- Must be resilient to change and able to move forward through ambiguity (as with any innovative tech company)

Advice to Management

- Bring together cross functional and cross location leadership more often

"Definitely a "Best Place to Work""

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Eventbrite truly deserves it's status as one of the top places to work in the Bay Area - it has a strong employee-centric culture encouraging teamwork & collaboration, creative ideas, and self-development; having formerly come from a more traditional work environment with strict policies on PTO, etc., the "take the time you need" policy and other great benefits offered by Eventbrite are quite refreshing. I go to the office every day excited to go to work.

Cons

Base comp could be more competitive, but the company adjusts for that with the availability of stock options

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the innovative agenda and continue to invest in our people; takeaway is to keep doing what you're doing

May 11, 2018

Thank you for the feedback and sharing your thoughts about where we're strong. Appreciate your point of view on innovation and investment in people.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

4. "A Great Choice"

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

Eventbrite is a forward thinking company. Having worked for some very large organizations throughout my career, I can say that what makes Eventbrite unique is that it has the established processes and leadership structures in place that feel like a big corporation, but the culture, ethos, and workplace are still very rooted in the fun and exciting startup mentality. With cutting edge benefits like free daily lunch, all you can eat snacks (lots of choices), and a "take the time you need" PTO policy, Eventbrite has positioned itself to be a unique employer.

Cons

At times, the startup mentality can clash with the need for corporate-like processes, creating a push-pull for resources.

"My Experience at Eventbrite"

Current Employee - Talent & Development Program Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Talent & Development Program Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Eventbrite for over 5 years and I've watched myself and my career develop and change as a direct result of working for a company that invests in its people. I trust Eventbrite to do the right thing by me, and I think that's invaluable to find in a company.

- Eventbrite hires amazing people you WANT to work with
    - I always look forward to coming to work
    - The culture is always evolving and changing in the best way possible
    - Britelings are empowered to get s*** done
    - We invest in our leaders and individual contributors growth
    - There's a ton of internal mobility opportunities
    - You have the flexibility to work from wherever you want
    - Take the time you need is a real thing
    - Leadership trusts that you'll do the right thing and provides an autonomous environment

Cons

As such a tenured employee, it's challenging to reach competitive compensation. You almost feel like you'd need to leave and come back in order to make what's competitive.

6. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

People are so great to work with! Atmosphere of friendliness is off the charts.
    Food in the SF office is very tasty! Especially breakfasts with pancakes.
    Love the "take the time you need" policy.
    Other many good things including beautiful view from the SF office.

Cons

Missing or slow on some critical essential functionality for customers. A lot of work to do here!

7. "I Love my Job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite (More than a year)

Pros

This place has so much more to offer than just the perks (free lunch, breakfast, transportation stipend, wellness, take the time you need, etc...) The culture is nothing short of amazing. The people of Eventrbrite are fantastic. It's hard to be away from the office more than a few days. The culture is motivating, fun, and ever changing. Exciting things are coming to the Briteland and I feel very fortunate to be a part of something special.

Cons

I don't have any cons thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Oct 5, 2015 – Eventbrite

Thanks for the kind review of your experience as a Briteling thus far! Julia Hartz - Co-founder & President

"Nice workplace but company needs direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has a warm environment, and everyone is genuinely nice and welcoming. The perks are great, especially the "take the time you need" vacation policy.

Cons

Company needs more cross-functional leadership to drive forward. Technical leadership from the early days have moved on and there is a gap of knowledge between old and new systems. It's stuck in a growth phase right now where each department is working mostly in silos.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees motivated and get employees from different groups to work closer together.

"Enjoyed working for Google, but LOVE working for Eventbrite even more!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at the company, full time, for several years - here goes:

Transparency - I love how everything is communicated to the employees and how often updates are sent out. This manifests in company all hands meetings, emails, exposure to Kevin (CEO) and Julia (President) since they sit at a regular table on the main floor like all other employees, and even a "heart to hartz" where you can ask them any question about the company, goals, etc.

Leadership - Management is pretty awesome and the board, executive staff, and VPs are all very smart and make great decisions. Also doesnt hurt that Julia reaaaaaally cares about people and office morale and makes sure that "wellness" is a top company priority.

Equity/company success - I believe the company will do really well as it scales internationally and across many verticals. Its pretty nice to have equity in a soon-to-IPO company that will be massively successful.

Growth opportunities - People move around all the time. If you're a hard worker you can jump to other positions either by moving teams, or being promoted. Its awesome how Eventbrite helps its employees do what they love.

Perks - free food/snacks/beer, dogs in office, massage, yoga, acupuncture, nap room, games room, tons of offsites, opportunities to join groups for sports or similar interests, great medical/dental, wellness and transportation stipend, unlimited vacation days via a "take the time you need" approach, and best of all - SMART PEOPLE that are humble and fun to work with (yes, I hang out with my team outside of work because I enjoy their company!)

Cons

I've been at the company for several years and have seen how people who underperform get fired (which is fair to do), but the manner in which its communicated to employees/team members can be done better.

Advice to Management

Please start matching 401k.

Because Eventbrite is a growing company, its people are growing professionally with it. Eventbrite has been hiring very smart, motivated, and cool people to work with but then when it was time to promote them to be managers - they were first time managers that had never managed people and didnt know how to do so. I think theres more training going on now so please keep the training going to ensure managers know how to lead effectively.