Eventbrite "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best place I've worked so far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

- unique (!) company culture: flat hierarchies, great career opportunities (personal and professional learning and development is greatly supported)
    - amazing and cool offices all over the world (work from all international offices is possible)
    - travel opportunities if wanted
    - flexible work from home policy

Cons

If you embrace change you will have a great career here! If you don't you might struggle.

Advice to Management

PTO policy needs to be localized. We are faaaaar behind the German average but offer an unlimited amount in the US.

2. "Pretty great"

Current Employee - Costumer Service in Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Costumer Service in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Flexibility to work from home
    -Managers encourage you to look at other positions
    -1 hour a week where you can take your own time to develop, this is not limited and you can and are free to learn anything or even sit with other teams
    -Great catering (3 times a week) and free snacks/tea/coffee in the office
    -Friendly atmosphere, and management/hr really want our best interest and we have annual meetings with the whole office to talk.
    -You get new equipment when you start (New laptop, headset, keyboard & mouse etc)
    -The building is absolutely stunning

Best thing is we get monthly TGIF and the occasional offsite social gaterings!!!

Cons

-Structure is not there yet, this is understandable as the office went from 10 people to 40 in the space of a year
    - Salary is not the most competive in Cork (Area with alot of tech companies such as Facebook, Apple, Amazon, AirBNB, Dell, VMWare)

Advice to Management

Able to increase salary based on performance, attendance, anniversary compensation etc.

Dec 1, 2018

Thank you for the great feedback! We will absolutely make sure we are staying up to par with local companies and opportunities. This is super helpful to hear.

-- Julia Hartz, CEO

3. "Best Place to work in Nashville"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't think you can find a better place to work in Nashville. The people are genuine and make work fun, but also push you to do your best and be competitive- the "Work hard, play hard" attitude is alive every single day you walk through the doors. The perks are just a bonus on top of that- amazing free lunch every day, dogs in the office, generous time off policy, work from home capability- and that's just the beginning. I'm immensely proud to be a Briteling and still get excited that I work here.

Cons

There are a lot of changes as expected with a growing company, but sometimes I feel the communication could be better. They do a great job with overall company updates and communication on growth, but sometimes the updates on what matters most to our day-to-day duties are kept in the shadows for a little bit too long by management. Compensation may be below market, but there are so many other benefits and perks that make up for it, and it is definitely something that has been given attention.

Advice to Management

Keep communication and transparency to your employees at Eventbrite's core. There is a very "team-like" atmosphere for the company overall that spreads to all of our offices around the world- I think this is one way to keep the feeling that we are all on one big team, no matter how large the company becomes.

May 25, 2018

Thank you for your very thoughtful feedback on communication - heard loud and clear! ;) Thank you for all you do every day to make the Nashville office rock.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Great company to work for, still some work to do"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies
    - Excellent benefits and perks (low-cost health insurance, daily catered lunch, wellness stipend to name a few).
    - The best collective group of people that I've ever worked with. Intelligent, empathetic, and innovative. Learned how to collaborate, fail, and lead through working with such talented folks.
    - Constant growth and change = Unparalleled professional development.

Cons

- There could be more intentional professional development for EB employees. Change and growth allow us to discover and develop our skillsets, but I often felt that the org could take a more active and intentional role in professional development.
    - Direct pay seems slightly under market value. Overall compensation package plus perks seem fair, all things considered.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your people, developing their skills, and ensuring they understand and are realizing their purpose at Eventbrite.

May 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and advice on where we could invest and engage more in professional development. I agree and there is a lot under way to up-level our development work and... More

5. "Great company to work for especially if you value work environments"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Work from home
    Employees are treated like assets

Cons

Fast paced ever changing workplace. You have to meet stats if you will be fired, I was.

Advice to Management

Cut down on the emails and meetings

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback and sharing your experience. I wholeheartedly agree on your emails and meetings advice!

I'm sorry it didn't work out at Eventbrite but do sincerely wish you the... More

"Core values don't pay the bills"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

I joined for the amazing benefits, although from what I understand the fully covered healthcare (that actually provides coverage) is the only remaining benefit. Can’t confirm if the $60/month gym reimbursement still exists or not.

Unfortunately, grocery reimbursement, flexible scheduling, the option to work from home, and unlimited PTO no longer exist.

This is a good job if you enjoy being bombarded by tech illiterate, irate callers at 1am on a Saturday and having a manager who preaches about teamwork making the dream work tell you that they don't feel like helping you.

Cons

The company claims to promote transparency, autonomy, authenticity, and growth but fails to practice what they preach. The leaders would schedule Q&A sessions with the team and then plant questions of their own in an attempt to avoid addressing the issues that plagued the CX team.

CX reps would repeatedly endure abuse from callers regarding the platform's constantly changing features and the greater team would not be held accountable. Oops, an engineer accidentally turned off the payment processor and went on vacation? Just use your *Make it Happen* spirit. Someone in the SF office would love to help you but they’re tied up with yoga or in the Manicube.

Compensation is based on a variety of factors, including how active you are in the team’s drinking cult. Not a place to work if you’re not a fan of getting obliterated in your office.

Advice to Management

Recognize that working in an office aside from SF doesn't make your employees inferior. Refrain from telling employees in Nashville that they don't get the same benefits that the rest of the team in SF gets because "you didn't think people in Tennessee could understand how stock works."

Don't require your employees to work from the tiny, loud office if you don't have enough seats for them and can't provide parking because "Julia Hartz pays for her own parking pass in San Francisco." Last I checked, the CEO makes a little more than $15/hr.

Finally, consider your employees before the callers for once -- stop planning team bonding activities without allowing everyone to join and incentivize your team with something other than a worn, sweaty boot.

Aug 14, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Looking across our global Customer Experience team, Nashville has arguably gone through the most change in these past 3 years. From 40 to now over 120 people in this location, the expansion has moved... More

"Great place to work, very flexible!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros:
    Very flexible scheduling
    Mostly work from home
    All necessary equipment provided
    Excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, wellness reimbursement, work from home stipend)
    Compensation is very competitive
    Co-workers are all very friendly and easy to get along with

Cons

Cons:
    Company is a little disorganized
    Policies and procedures are changed very frequently, so it's sometimes hard to keep up
    Management is not always aligned on policies, but team leads are given near-absolute authority

Advice to Management

Eventbrite needs more structure and organization. There need to be clear policies for employees, and everyone should have to follow the same rules, regardless of their supervisors. The policies shouldn't change as often as they do. Employees need stability in that regard.

8. "Outstanding company!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has been an amazing experience to be a part of this company. The culture and work environment are awesome and everybody is extremely supportive of one another. I couldn't ask for a better work/life balance (in my position, you can work from home!) and the benefits are outstanding. Our leadership is fantastic and transparent about changes within the company. You feel like you are actually a part of something rather than just another employee.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind, and I wouldn't necessarily call it a con since this is a growing company, but it would be great to have a clearer sense in regard to career growth and opportunities. I understand that with a company growing this quickly, changes happen frequently so it is difficult to really pinpoint a career path.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and keep doing what you do! Everybody has been great so I couldn't ask for more!

9. "So grateful to be a part of this team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture here is amazing. Everyone is so supportive, welcoming, and talented! Leadership is phenomenal, and they do a fantastic job of not only encouraging you to be your best self, but also providing you with the organizational foundation to do so. The benefits are also top notch--Unlimited paid time off, catered lunches, wellness stipend, work from home option, and GREAT health care! This isn't just another job--the people here really care about Eventbrite's mission & core values, and they work hard to make sure the company is successful, sustainable, and always interesting!

Cons

There really aren't any negatives in my opinion. For Customer Experience roles, the work schedule might be less than ideal for some because support is 24/7, but it certainly isn't unmanageable by any means, and there is plenty of flexibility.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Your dedication to your team is incomparable, and we appreciate you all so much!

"Fantastic culture, world-class product, awesome employees, and room to improve"

I have been working at Eventbrite (More than a year)

Pros

• Transparency on company priorities, product roadmap and decisions, and our performance against them
    • Supportive culture that encourages vulnerability and individuality
    • Access and frequent interaction with senior leaders
    • Culture of feedback and challenging the status quo
    • Great perks - wellness stipend, daily catered lunch, ability to work from home, wonderful office snacks and drinks, fun events away from the office

Cons

• We've grown quickly and also change/pivot strategy quickly. These decisions affect our product and work and can be confusing for some (both Britelings and our customers).
    • It doesn't seem like we always listen to feedback from our internal teams and external customers. While our product is always evolving, we still haven't made progress against many of our customers' pain points.

Advice to Management

• When making product decisions, give more weight and focus on what our customers and Customer Service teams are saying. It feels like feedback goes nowhere at times because our product has already made design and feature decisions based on financials and what our Sales team can work best with. It should be a little more balanced and take into account customer feedback and pain.