KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 27, 2021

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor leadership and incompetent/under(in 19 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good, but salaries still aren't competitive against similarly(in 10 reviews)
  • "Most managers don't have any prior experience in people management.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Management is aware that without consistent growth company cannot go for IPO.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Pay is low, starting off hours are not great(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Race Ethnicity

This rating reflects the overall rating of Eventbrite and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people. Lack of coordination.

Mar 10, 2016 - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The folks at the company are generally super smart, caring, trustworthy, and just the kind of people that you want to hang out with. There's a good mix of employees from various backgrounds (both professionally and personally) and they tend to be bright, friendly, and incredibly interesting. Work/life balance is highly valued and (usually) totally feasible. The leadership tends to clearly communicate objectives across the company. Those objectives are sound and responsible in the current business climate.

Cons

There's a lot of stagnation. Come here for the experience and the name. But, don't come here expecting to make bank, grow into a higher position, or collaborate with other teams. Salaries are not competitive and either are the career advancement opportunities.

8 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thanks for the honest feedback. Career development is an area of focus for us this year as we grow in business and talent. Our goal is to collectively create an environment where every Briteling can thrive, grow, and gain new insight/perspective/skill during their tenure at Eventbrite. Personally, I'm committed to helping build the "Eventbrite constellation" that gives insight to all teammates as to where they could gain more skill and insight -- whether that be by direct internal and external mentorship, coaching, peers, new business areas, and/or cross-team collaboration. -- Julia Hartz, Co-Founder & President

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Opened the Pandora's box

May 21, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance Most of the teams still has great culture

Cons

Acquisition of TicketFly resulted with total mess of organization structure, with many executive and directive post doubled just to squeeze in the people from TF that EB was contractually obligated to keep. Joining teams from different pay scales resulted in awkward situations, when more experienced engineers have much lower pay scale than their peers from TF.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company with vision, dedication, and heart.

Oct 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting growth with recent acquisition Solid benefits Elevated, mature workforce Dedication from senior leadership to continue diversity initiatives Challenging, yet fulfilling, problems to solve Supported as a working parent and to maintain a healthy work/life balance

Cons

As with any company, there are growing pains that come along with change. However, no significant 'cons' that I've encountered in my time here.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Incredible culture, amazing people, exciting industry!

Jun 15, 2022 - Senior Customer Success Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work for Eventbrite are truly incredible. Eventbrite really cares about their people and it shows through and through. Excellent work/life balance - the benefits are fantastic.

Cons

Like everyone, pay could be a bit higher

1 person found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Eventbrite

We do care about our people and we're so glad that you feel supported! Thanks for your contribution to the Eventbrite team! -EB

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing place to work

Oct 19, 2016 -  in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Some of the best engineers I've worked with, not just in their intelligence but personality and willingness to help without judgment - Transparent culture with great people, who are both co-workers and friends - Healthy work life balance - Standard tech company perks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee, juice bar, etc.

Cons

- No 401k matching or annual bonuses, but you have stock options

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A tech company with heart.

Feb 27, 2019 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Executives truly care about their employees and speak authentically to us * Nice selection of benefits * Excellent team and culture * Work life balance is real * Career mobility is real * Our business is unusually tangible: tickets and live experience which lead to feeling a good sense of accomplishment from the work we do