EverFi Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
EverFi CEO Tom Davidson
Tom Davidson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work/life balance and creative freedom (in 9 reviews)

• We are making a difference in people's lives whether through financial literacy or Alcoholedu (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The business model will fail if the right management is not in place (in 3 reviews)

• EverFi is a vert fast-paced new aged workplace (in 2 reviews)

1. "DC Employee"

Pros

Great company to work for!!!!

Cons

Nothing coming to mind right now.

2. "Company of a lifetime"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at EverFi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible mission, fast-paced environment and backed by the leading investors in the world.
    Company holds itself to very high standards and pace.
    Taking on the biggest issues in the world - Sexual violence, financial literacy, diversity, Opioid abuse.
    Team has each other’s backs, not a gossipy or political place.
    Great CEO and founders and heavy on women leadership
    Top operating roles held by women

Cons

Very intense
    High expectations
    Sometimes feels like we’re doing too much

Advice to Management

Need to focus

"My company was acquired by EverFI"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at EverFi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great CEO that is young and very approachable

Cons

Poor Management. Horrible decision. My entire team was terminated without notice.

4. "BEST PROM EVER!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at EverFi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been part of the EverFi family for over two years now and everyday I love what I do. We are making a difference in people's lives whether through financial literacy or Alcoholedu. How many can say they make a difference day in and out at work? -- well, 500 of us here can.

Cons

We need a 401k match
    We need a solution to parking

Advice to Management

Keep making us proud.

5. "Great company, high expectations"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in DC Ranch, AZ
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in DC Ranch, AZ

I have been working at EverFi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mission driven work. Compassionate, intelligent people leading from the front. It's a great culture but can be a challenge for remote staff.

Cons

Growing always has its pain points. Reorganized happen frequently (not necessarily a con) which is disruptive for a short period of time.

Advice to Management

Invest in all areas of the business!

"Schools Manager"

Former Employee - Schools Manager
    Former Employee - Schools Manager

I worked at EverFi full-time

Pros

Great mission you can sink your teeth into.
    High energy staff
    INDEPENDENCE
    Great remote culture
    Outings and travel opportunities are abundant.
    Exponential growth in company value

Cons

Slow to act on serious personal HR & legal concerns
    Dismal job prospects
    Slow to compensate and recognize hard work in a meaningful way
    Don't have your back in the field
    Constantly changing priorities

Advice to Management

Put your money where your mouth is (Title 9, social emotional learning, etc).
    Your staff give you their heart and soul, recognize that and take care of them.

"Innovative, Fast-Paced, Altruistic, Family"

Current Employee - Lead Development Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Lead Development Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at EverFi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EVERFI places an emphasis on FI-amily... Loving the people you work with, and making the workday a place for collaboration, community, innovation. We work extremely hard, for long days, but an incredible indicator of the culture is that on Friday evening, people don't bolt out for the weekend; many grab drinks and catch up with each other, sharing victories from the week and talking about the future.

Apart from the strong sense of community and being surrounded by highly skilled, creative people, the aspect I most appreciate about EVERFI is the opportunity to grow professionally and advance. There are no secrets about what it takes to lead: strong, consistence performance, and a sense curiosity to help us do things better. People are recognized for work well done, and 'go-getters' are rewarded with more responsibilities and opportunities to lead, innovative, and create.

Cons

Although EVERFI is in somewhat of a 'post-startup' stage, with a proven concept, product, and systems, there are still many aspects of the business that are far from concrete. Some people are stressed out by this, and would prefer rigid structures around advancement or internal processes. If you are flexible and optimistic, these are puzzles that you get to help solve. If you are a grumbler, you could be tempted to complain and blame others for your stagnation.

Advice to Management

Keep putting such a high premium on only bringing in the RIGHT people; people who put the team first. Focus on the principles and ideals that have attracted so many people's passion to work here. Whether it is expanding into new markets or championing the ones we are in, EVERFI will continue in excellence as long as we are about more than just the bottom line.

8. "Internal Employee"

I have been working at EverFi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great organization.... still small enough to wear lots of hats and see personal and company-wide impact! Transparent leadership. Fun Palooza and events held throughout the year. Incredibly talented, fun and collaborative bunch of employees

Cons

Not necessarily a con but we are growing at a fast paced and are working on continuing to grow and nourish EVERFI's culture

"Weak Sales Leadership"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

Pros

Benefits and Tom Davidson seems like a genuinely nice guy. He is personable and responsive to his employees.

Cons

Leadership is self focused first and cannot be direct about anything. They were deliberately vague and evasive to avoid being upfront and honest. They also dedicated their efforts into making the job harder in an effort to decrease streamline effectiveness. They were generally rude, disrespectful, and spoke down to everyone regularly. The culture is hierarchical and their sales tactics are breakneck which is giving them a negative reputation in the market. Its unfortunate a company fighting for such a noble cause is ran with such a negative focus.

Advice to Management

Lead with integrity and honesty, and hire well seasoned leaders. Your sales leaders only look after themselves and don't lead with any example except to fend for yourself. The sales leadership is so ineffective, negative, and aggressive it juxtaposes the overall ethos of the company. Your bait and switch policies and (lack of) communication causes stressful situations and expresses lack of concern for your employees.

"Sales"

I worked at EverFi full-time

Pros

None at all so do not work here

Cons

Terrible management. They care more about themselves than employees. They have no training and never communicate with you. Terrible low salary below standards and they over promise and under deliver. They need to learn how to treat employees. Worst company ever!

Advice to Management

Fire your managers, train your new ones, stop lying to employees and pretending to care.