EverFi Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 7, 2016

Full-time Part-time

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • Managers understand the need for work/life balance, which can get tricky in a remote role (in 7 reviews)

• It is a place where hard work is rewarded and recognized but where people don't seek credit day to day (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The biggest downside of the company is that many of the schools managers work remotely (in 7 reviews)

• Work/Life balance: EverFi challenges employees to meet high goals that can lead to an imbalance between professional and personal lives (in 4 reviews)

1. "Everfi's LawRoom acquisition is great"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at EverFi full-time

Pros

Better benefits; better CEO; good work life balance

Cons

Food provided in kitchen too health orientated; some sweets would be nice

Advice to Management

Keep on with the good stuff - go public soon

2. "nonoptional review"

I have been working at EverFi full-time

Pros

awesome benefits package, company culture, lots of networking opportunities and events

Cons

overpriced Georgetown food, DC traffic, no company parking

Advice to Management

Develop a parking strategy for employees; perhaps a partnership with a garage.

3. "Innovative Company w/ Great Company Culture"

Former Employee - Schools Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Schools Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at EverFi (More than 3 years)

Pros

EverFi's company culture is unique and cannot find it anywhere else. Company gatherings on an annual and sometimes bi-annual basis is a great way to connect with new and old colleagues working towards helping communities and schools reach more folks regarding topics of financial literacy, health and wellness, and much more! The unlimited paid time off is also a great perk!

Cons

In the position as schools managers - you travel A LOT (locally) in the regions. It isn't necessarily always on an airplane and most likely it will be via driving. Can get old after awhile.

Advice to Management

Work-life balance is something that needs to be looked at and reviewed more often as well as the compensation bonus. People work hard at this company and their hard work should be well recognized.

"Great people"

I have been working at EverFi full-time

Pros

Brilliant minds. Great place for hard workers who want to make a difference.

Cons

No 401k match & the options to choose from are too expensive w/ fees around 2% (should be less than 1).

Advice to Management

Watch John Oliver's segment on 401(k) and update the retirement options accordingly. Make sure the person selling you the 401(k) options is a fiduciary.

"Building the Most important Learning Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at EverFi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a place of positivity, of empowerment and a "can do" spirit. It is a place where hard work is rewarded and recognized but where people don't seek credit day to day. It is incredibly meaningful work in high poverty areas but with a SaaS engine that is backed by the biggest players in tech including Jeff Bezos, Eric Schmidt and others.

Cons

The company is trying to pull off a lot across some very difficult areas. It is also a very spread out organization. Most employees are not in the home office, or any office.

Advice to Management

Continue to connect the team together. Spend the money to continue a "One EverFi" feeling. Push opportunity down to younger team members who are ready to grab it.

7. "So happy I made the move!"

Current Employee - Schools Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Schools Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at EverFi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, great company culture, transparent executives that share information with all employees, unlimited PTO, a mission and vision that is something to believe in, ability to work with teachers and students across the state and be a part of a caring community culture.

Cons

Being remote, while great, you need to be the right fit with motivation and excellent work ethic, travel can get exhausting, but also worth it to help teachers and students.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

"Schools Manager"

Current Employee - Schools Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Schools Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at EverFi full-time

Pros

As a former teacher, I felt really pigeonholed into one profession and didn't think I would be happy outside the classroom. Boy, was I wrong! EverFi created opportunities for me personally and professionally that I am forever thankful for. Strong training, support, and exciting work out in the field every day (some of those days I am actually in the classroom interacting with students again). Every day on the job is different from the last and I am given the autonomy to schedule my days in a way I find that I will be most successful. Above all, EverFi creates a strong network of support that turns into Fi-mily and keeps us all motivated to succeed!

Cons

Again, each day is different from the last - so if you are a creature of habit and monotony this job may take some getting used to. Interacting with others and forming meaningful relationships is a key part of this position, this may also take getting used to for some.

Advice to Management

N/A

"The Fi-mily is REAL"

I have been working at EverFi full-time

Pros

- Incredibly kind, motivated, and talented leadership who make everyone feel apart of the Fi-mily (our EverFi family).
    - Ability to work on a business venture with humanity in mind. The company mission drives and permeates most activities, which is great!
    - Innovation is at the forefront of operations and development, so when something doesn't work, there's an openness to try something different.
    - Strong HR team that strives to make Everfi the best company with forward thinking policies and intelligent employees.

Cons

- Sometime we focus on the new and shiny, instead of celebrating what we already have.
    - Processes need to be strengthened so that the company can run more efficiently.

Advice to Management

Bandwidth is an issue. People are stretched to do too much and this should be acknowledged to avoid burnout.

"Great Fi-amily"

Current Employee - Schools Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Schools Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at EverFi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having come from a larger corporate atmosphere in a previous job, EverFi offers a truly unique combination of a consistently growing talent pool while offering its employees access to many resources. The culture is one which encourages new ideas and collaboration from the front lines to the executive officers. I have never felt more welcomed into a new position or been given the autonomy to preform my job the way I see fit even from early on.

If you are eventually hired EverFi prepares you with a great on boarding process, mentor, and many chances to learn best practices from the company 'experts'. The pathway to success and career growth is clearly outlined for each position in the company.

Cons

Some may need time acclimating to the autonomy the job provides, due in part, to most employees working remotely. As EverFi is still a startup in many ways, much is asked of its employees but for those who are able to deliver much can be earned.

Advice to Management

As EverFi continues to grow and expand do not lose sight of our current culture and why people wanted to work here in the first place.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Schools Manager
    Current Employee - Schools Manager

I have been working at EverFi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to EverFi as a former teacher was who feeling discouraged about my school environment. I was happy to find that EverFi has a great start up office culture with a work hard - play hard atmosphere! Everyone is goal driven but open to new ideas and are very supportive. As a remote schools manager I have a lot of flexibility in my schedule and am able to drive my own path towards success.

Cons

There are many moving part of this role, so must be organized and habitual about checking and double checking that each box is checked. If you work remotely, you must be prepared to stay on top of your work with out much physical contact/direction with others in the company. It can get lonely at times working away from the office.