Everest College Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 6, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Everest College CEO Jack Massimino
Jack Massimino

Pros
  • great benefits and family-friendly feel (in 14 reviews)

• You are helping students get a career in the field they desire (in 13 reviews)

1. "Nurse Instructor"

Former Employee - Nurse Instructor in Merrillville, IN
    Former Employee - Nurse Instructor in Merrillville, IN

I worked at Everest College full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company. Supplied equipment and supplies needed in the Nursing Program

Cons

RN Program closed/ISBN and school eventually able to teach out programs and closed.

Advice to Management

Be Honest with employees and students!

2. "Instructor"

Former Employee - Instructor, MDAA, MIBC in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Instructor, MDAA, MIBC in Thornton, CO

I worked at Everest College (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was able to get well acquainted with my students; and enjoyed the variety of subjects I taught. I was able to bring my more than 35 years experience to help make lectures more interesting for my students.

Cons

Whenever the student population was down, we were laid off and the department chair had to teach.

3. "Sharing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Everest College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture good teaching nice people very good program

Cons

Bad hours and not as good support for instructors also no good Communications with employees

Advice to Management

Managers need to investigate more and to their teachers and in two students complained and actually investigate problems and not just take word by mouth

"Program Director"

Former Employee - Program Director in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Program Director in Arlington, TX

Pros

purposeful, second chance, creates careers

Cons

times of poor communication, need tougher entrance rules

Advice to Management

minimal

6. "MIBC Instructor"

Former Employee - Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Instructor in Riverside, CA

I worked at Everest College (More than 3 years)

Pros

The experience of teaching in the area that I have enjoyed working

Cons

Not enough positive input from management

Advice to Management

be more positive

7. "DOFI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Everest College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Students are really nice
    Good work hours

Cons

Lack of proper communication to change policies/ procedures by management

8. "Instructor"

Current Employee - Instructor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Instructor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Everest College part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love working with students, My students get hands on experience in a classroom setting.

Cons

I feel like there is favoritism

Advice to Management

Treat all employees the same.

9. "Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Everest College (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and work schedule

Cons

High cost and low return on investment for students

10. "Instructor"

Former Employee - Instructor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Instructor in Houston, TX

I worked at Everest College (More than a year)

Pros

Provides income while it lasted

Cons

Exploitative of employees in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as assets not a disposable item.

"5+ Years and still love what I do!"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Everett, WA

I have been working at Everest College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The feeling of satisfaction and fulfillment that I get from what I'm doing here is something I've never experienced in a job before, and I truly love that! When I match a student with a site for their externship and they get hired; or when I send a grad to a job opportunity that I found, and they're hired, it feels amazing!! I would equate it to the high one gets when their horse comes in... not that that's ever happened to me, but you know what I mean. The management at my office is wonderful! I've worked for many different managers, and my Director is the BEST one yet!! The staff is great! The company has always had a culture of hiring from within, so getting your foot in the door in one dept. and being able to move to a different role within the company is not uncommon. I do believe the company is beginning to come back now, after our transition to an NPO, and we are starting to see that in new enrollments. Since our programs are Healthcare related fields, we are in an industry where the demand is extremely high, and all of the TOP employers (Providence, Swedish, Virginia Mason, The Everett Clinic, Skagit Hospital - Cascade Regional Clinics, CHC, ICHS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Bartell, CVS, and many many more of the smaller clinics) reach out Everest seeking candidates on a regular basis! We often have more leads than we have candidates to fill them!! I recommended this company to 'friends' for these reasons, despite what I said in the other comments below.

Cons

The company has gone through many changes in my time here, including new ownership, which has turned us into an NPO. We had a 3 year wage freeze, and when it was finally lifted the raises were only 2-3%, which was extremely disappointing. With that, our health care benefit package changed, which takes more out of our pockets. They did increase our 401K match, I'll give them that, but it was very low to begin with. It seems like the Corporate Management team cares a great deal more about our student population, than taking care of its employees, so we end up feeling undervalued and taken advantage of. They have cut our staff back so far, that most people feel like we're having to do the jobs of at least 2 people. Unfortunately the management team at the campus level apparently has NO control over any of this.

Advice to Management

This is for the Corporate Management, not the campus level management: #1 TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES! After making it through the ugly transition to new ownership, all of the campus closures, and "RIF's" (Reduction in Force - layoffs) that we've survived, the staff that remains is surely 'the cream of the crop'! It would have been nice to have received a 'Thank you for staying on with us' bonus, and a decent raise commensurate with bringing you up to where we should have been had we not had the 3 year wage freeze! Consider paying 100% of our healthcare benefit package, which many employers (especially in the healthcare field) are now doing. Give the management at the campus level more executive authority over decisions about compensation/promotions, as well as our daily operations. You've hired excellent people, at least at my campus, now trust them to make decisions that are in the best interest of the company. You will lose good people if you don't show your employees you value them, and sending blanket emails with "thank you's" from the upper management team, that we don't even know, and who clearly don't know us, doesn't cut it! At the end of the day, as much as I truly LOVE what I do, I cannot afford to stay if I'm not compensated accordingly.