Everest College Reviews | Glassdoor

Everest College Reviews

Updated February 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • great benefits and family-friendly feel (in 14 reviews)

• You are helping students get a career in the field they desire (in 13 reviews)

1. "Education"

Current Employee - Program Director in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Program Director in Katy, TX

I have been working at Everest College (More than 10 years)

Pros

We change lives for our students

Cons

Stereotypes that are on our brand

Advice to Management

be effective

2. "Medical Assistant"

Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant Instructor in Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant Instructor in Pomona, CA

I worked at Everest College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I know all necessary skills. Front and back office due to that I taught medical assistant for many years. Very organize. Take orders well. Very sufficient in everything that needs to be done.
    I have management skills.
    I'am a team player.
    I have people skills.

Cons

The only cons that I have is that I get attached to patients.

Advice to Management

The only think I can say that I'm never late.

3. "Career Services"

Former Employee - Externship Coordinator in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Externship Coordinator in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Everest College (Less than a year)

Pros

Minimal benefits, horrible pay for hours they want you to work!

Cons

Management needs to communicate with staff.

"5+ Years and still love what I do!"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Everett, WA

I have been working at Everest College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The feeling of satisfaction and fulfillment that I get from what I'm doing here is something I've never experienced in a job before, and I truly love that! When I match a student with a site for their externship and they get hired; or when I send a grad to a job opportunity that I found, and they're hired, it feels amazing!! I would equate it to the high one gets when their horse comes in... not that that's ever happened to me, but you know what I mean. The management at my office is wonderful! I've worked for many different managers, and my Director is the BEST one yet!! The staff is great! The company has always had a culture of hiring from within, so getting your foot in the door in one dept. and being able to move to a different role within the company is not uncommon. I do believe the company is beginning to come back now, after our transition to an NPO, and we are starting to see that in new enrollments. Since our programs are Healthcare related fields, we are in an industry where the demand is extremely high, and all of the TOP employers (Providence, Swedish, Virginia Mason, The Everett Clinic, Skagit Hospital - Cascade Regional Clinics, CHC, ICHS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Bartell, CVS, and many many more of the smaller clinics) reach out Everest seeking candidates on a regular basis! We often have more leads than we have candidates to fill them!! I recommended this company to 'friends' for these reasons, despite what I said in the other comments below.

Cons

The company has gone through many changes in my time here, including new ownership, which has turned us into an NPO. We had a 3 year wage freeze, and when it was finally lifted the raises were only 2-3%, which was extremely disappointing. With that, our health care benefit package changed, which takes more out of our pockets. They did increase our 401K match, I'll give them that, but it was very low to begin with. It seems like the Corporate Management team cares a great deal more about our student population, than taking care of its employees, so we end up feeling undervalued and taken advantage of. They have cut our staff back so far, that most people feel like we're having to do the jobs of at least 2 people. Unfortunately the management team at the campus level apparently has NO control over any of this.

Advice to Management

This is for the Corporate Management, not the campus level management: #1 TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES! After making it through the ugly transition to new ownership, all of the campus closures, and "RIF's" (Reduction in Force - layoffs) that we've survived, the staff that remains is surely 'the cream of the crop'! It would have been nice to have received a 'Thank you for staying on with us' bonus, and a decent raise commensurate with bringing you up to where we should have been had we not had the 3 year wage freeze! Consider paying 100% of our healthcare benefit package, which many employers (especially in the healthcare field) are now doing. Give the management at the campus level more executive authority over decisions about compensation/promotions, as well as our daily operations. You've hired excellent people, at least at my campus, now trust them to make decisions that are in the best interest of the company. You will lose good people if you don't show your employees you value them, and sending blanket emails with "thank you's" from the upper management team, that we don't even know, and who clearly don't know us, doesn't cut it! At the end of the day, as much as I truly LOVE what I do, I cannot afford to stay if I'm not compensated accordingly.

6. "Really think about this career"

I worked at Everest College full-time

Pros

It is a rewarding job for the students who want to learn and excel in life

Cons

It is all about admissions, the admissions team can do no wrong. Very hard if you have some morals

7. "Great Management in Career Services"

Pros

Awesome supportive management, collaborative team members, very focused on the students and their success.

Cons

Outdated paperwork processes. Needed more support to gain national accounts.

Advice to Management

This advice is more geared towards the pay structure - be more competitive in the industry. Salaries are too low.

8. "Instructor"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant Instructor in Kearns, UT
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant Instructor in Kearns, UT

I worked at Everest College (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is friendly and warm. The students are respectful and well committed to learn.

Cons

I don't have any comment.

Advice to Management

n/a

9. "Academic advisor"

Former Employee - Academic Advisor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Academic Advisor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Everest College part-time

Pros

Nice friendly staff., supervisor was one nice person who helped out in every situation. he was real knowledgeable about the work and the institution.

Cons

Back stabbing upper management, at the time I was employed the school was in the process of reorganization and there were lay offs abound. (2011)

Advice to Management

Since I was laid off, the company has reorganized and appears to be headed in a new direction.

10. "Instructor"

Pros

Great Benfits, pay good, vacation and sick time.

Cons

You have to consistently work with students, professionalism and attendance.

11. "Career Services Representative"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Herriman, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Herriman, UT

I have been working at Everest College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great as a stepping stone

Cons

Although my department was highly successful, the schools ability to recognize those efforts was very minimal.

Advice to Management

Find Better