Everglades University Administrative Reviews | Glassdoor

Everglades University Administrative Reviews

Administrative

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kristi L. Mollis

Pros
  • I can honestly say I really enjoy working at Everglades University (in 12 reviews)

• There are many Pros to working at Everglades University but the one I value the most is the fact that they value their employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate no one is safe (in 5 reviews)

• With that being said, no one wants to enroll to an unknown school for (in 5 reviews)

"Fast & Innovative Organization to work for..."

Current Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everglades University gives employee the opportunity to learn, train and grow within the organization. If you are willing to put forth the effort of learning, hard work and have a passion to help students change their lives. This is the place to work for. It’s a University that you can grow and be successful in your career. Dynamic faculty and staff.. The University offers sophisticated programs that are design to meet the needs of today’s demanding market.
    “Change your thoughts and you change your world”.
    by Norman Vincent Peale.

Cons

It would me nice to have more options on health benefits

Advice to Management

Great place to work for; lots of training and support from upper management.

"The positive reviews on here are fake. FAKE, I tell you."

Former Employee - Academic Administrator/Faculty Member in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Academic Administrator/Faculty Member in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The cons outweigh the pros so much that there isn't much point in listing any. The location is convenient and there is a cool banyan tree in the parking lot. If you have no regard for the current state of the national post-secondary education system AND you have ethics with no boundaries when it comes to cheating students out of their future earnings, then this might be a great place for you.

Cons

The school is run by greedy, socoipathic, paranoid control freaks who will do everything they can to make you push the boundaries of your ethics to their limits... and beyond. There is nothing, NOTHING more important to them than getting the next enrollment. Please be aware that the positive reviews on here are FAKE. I worked there for nearly a decade and can assure you that the negative reviews are completely honest... and not those of people with poor work ethic, as stated in one of the positive reviews. Ignore the false positives! Run away as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

There is no way the managers would heed any advice provided, so there is no point in providing any. They will not change. It is my sincere hope that SACS does not continue this schools accreditation. Though, I feel bad for the students who will be hurt by the loss... it's better for the futures of many more if Everglades is not regionally accredited.

"Great place to work... if you have no spine, morals or ambition"

Current Employee - Administrative in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's impressive that the president is able to instill such fear in her managers that they all have to write bologna reviews about working at EU to boost their ratings...

Cons

Being idealistic and bright-eyed will not get you far at this place. They want spineless yes-men that will throw complete logic out the window when it comes to basic good business practices. Being creative and having new ideas is seen as rocking the boat and you won't go far. They'll stymie you, take away your overtime and make your life a living hell until you quit.
    No life/work balance. Working on Saturdays and Sundays and changing your schedule without any advanced notice... we had to work on Labor day last year without holiday pay... we even had to work on Christmas eve without holiday pay.
    HIGH turnover (the staff has churned itself out at least twice in the past year... VPs, Deans, Department Chairs, you name it, they have all quit because that place is unbearable)
    This place is going to lose its accreditation. They created a masters program and without even having teachers, books or classes, they SOLD it to students!!! They didn't even have an academic chair to help create the program because they ALL QUIT. Not to mention, they would have us change forms and add advising paperwork to files when the advising never happened. I was actually asked to sign a document that was dated 2 years before I worked there! SACS needs to wake up and take a good long look at this place and its practices. Save your reputation and DO NOT work here. They're going down in flames and they'll use you as a scapegoat.
    DO NOT believe the positive reviews about EU. They were written by management and as you'll see from the previous reviews, management has no idea what they're doing. I've worked at gas stations that have better management than this place.

Advice to Management

Take a good long look at your turnover rate and realize that YOU'RE THE PROBLEM. This is not how you lead people in a successful business. Your students are dropping left and right because you have a team that could care less if the place fails. An attitude like that starts at the top. People don't get into education hoping that their students will flunk out. Management needs to actually BE A LEADER and not just some Machiavellian holier than thou tyrant that leads with an iron fist.

"I have been with Everglades University going on Five Years and I have enjoyed the Teamwork!"

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Everglades University has many rewards, the best reward for me is making a difference in the lives of our students. I believe in Education, and the students who attend her have the best Instructors at their fingertips. The Staff always has an Open Door Policy. We work as a Team, this is what makes working here wonderful to me!

Cons

The only challenge of working here for me has been seeing our students Graduate and move on. We have touched their lives and they have touched ours, my heart breaks seeing them go....

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the Upper Management, except thank for having me be apart of the EU Team!

"BEWARE"

Former Employee - Administrative
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A job is a pro, I guess. Getting a paycheck when you really need it is a pro. There is not much else here to be happy about. This is the worse place I EVER worked, seriously.

Cons

Horrible disrespectful ‘culture’ here. They lie to you before you take a position, be warned! There is absolutely no life-work balance. The norm is for everyone to put in very long hours just to prove their loyalty or something. It is actually required for everyone to work over 55 hours a week and they monitor you with a time clock. There is really no reason for this, but the management has no idea what they are doing. Like I said, the management is dangerously incompetent! Everything is done last minute and in an emergency, which is why you have to work very long hours and you even have to work on holidays and on weekends. The ‘University’ is really a diploma mill and the school is a total joke. It is very overpriced, but the students do not get their money’s worth. The management and the president make huge salaries and then they will never even buy needed office supplies because they claim there is no budget. All of the peons working here are doing the jobs of at least 4 people. Don’t let that be you if you can help it! The management will never be satisfied and the turnover mentioned in other reviews is extremely high!

Advice to Management

Like other reviewers say, it is pointless. The greed here is unbelievable. They will never take any advice and they will keep on running this place like a giant piggy bank for their own interests. This is the worse place I ever worked at and I am sure many others agree. The positive reviews are fake and are basically ridiculous. They didn’t even bother to make it seem slightly real. Stay away!