Everglades University Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Everglades University President / CEO Kristi L. Mollis
Kristi L. Mollis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I am employed at Everglades University at the Boca campus (in 25 reviews)

• The staff and faculty goes beyond for their students (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • All one must do is scroll through the reviews and will see those positive reviews were all just strategically placed recently to boost the ratings (in 7 reviews)

• High turnover rate no one is safe (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Nice atmosphere and extremely professional team!"

Current Employee - Admission in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Admission in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since accepting the position at Everglades I have met a lot of great people and spoken to some wonderful students. I have learned a lot and continue to grow professionally each day. The University offers some innovative programs and I have been excited to learn about Renewable Energy and some of the unique degree features Everglades offers in our lunch and learn training sessions. For a new counselor it's been helpful!

Cons

There is a lot to learn and the training has been daily! I like my co-workers though and have enjoyed my time at EU so far! Part of the downside is the learning curve and a lot of phone calls and emails to communicate with students & follow-up.

Advice to Management

Continue the training! Would also like to visit the other campuses to meet their teams, I have spoken to many of them over the phones! I like the innovativeness of the programs we offer I believe that sets EU a part from other Universities! I have also enjoyed meeting the President, Ms. Kristi Mollis, she was great! And so is my Campus Vice President! Really all of the leaders have been wonderful, happy to be on the team!

Dear Current Employee in Boca,
    Thank you for the positive feedback on our programs and University! We also appreciate the positive feedback on the training you have received and will continue to... More

2. "managment"

Current Employee - Management in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everglades University gave it's employees paid time off before the storm and after because they care about us. When we came back to work the VP at the Sarasota Campus also provide a hot meal everyday that week for the staff and the students! What other company - let alone school did that? I am very fortunate to work for such a great university.

Cons

We work hard but it is appreciated.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. "A+ Team with big hearts!"

Current Employee - Admissions in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Everglades University I have experienced first hand what it's like to work for an A+ team that is committed to not only the students but also the community and helping each other during a crisis, which we all just experienced with Irma! The team came together and helped each other. The University closed its doors with paid leave at all campuses to allow employees the time off to get their homes and families ready for the storm! We personally called EACH student when we re-opened to check on our Florida students. President Mollis the day after the University re-opened mobilized the Boca Raton and Online employees to assist the badly impacted keys residents. Truly a compassionate team and I am proud to be a part of it! I hope we were able to help those in need and am also thankful my co-workers and my family were safe. This is a great organization and a place where my career has grown and I have been fortunate to work with such a caring team! I would highly recommend EU!

Cons

The team is wonderful! The person writing the on-going negative reviews is the same person & everyone knows who they are! Surprise! So I hope this is addressed quickly! I am happy with my career and love my team. So thankful to be on board with a growing company!

Advice to Management

Thank you for the time off during IRMA - it personally helped me and my family.

"Great Boss"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My campus Vice President Dr. Petersson heard that Publix would be getting a delivery of water today because many stores are out of water because of the hurricane so she went out and picked of water for all of the employees that could not find water. What a great boss and a really kind hearted person. It's the people like her that makes this a great place to work . Thanks Dr.P

Cons

No words at this time

Advice to Management

Continue this culture

"Great school! Love my job and EU family!"

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with EU for over 3 years and am very happy as a current employee loving my job! Everyone from President Mollis, to the Regionals, to my Campus VP and managers have all been excellent mentors! I have worked at many other colleges and have never had the pleasure to work with such a professional group of people. Our team is dedicated to our students, ensuring we are constantly improving and operating better and stronger, as well as, helping each other whenever needed. This is driven from the top down at my campus. The team is awesome! I am enjoying my career, my students, and my co-workers! Very proud to be a part of this team!!

Cons

NONE. Great salary, good benefits, we have on-going training in my department and overall I am very satisfied! Also our University is growing so I am thrilled to be part of an expanding company, when a lot of schools are down-sizing. I believe it's because we have extremely innovative programs and also a student focused culture! Overall I am very happy.

Advice to Management

Good employees write good reviews. Bad (ex!) employees write bad reviews. I appreciate the opportunity I have been given & thank the leadership for a secure and extremely rewarding career! The EU standards should always be upheld because we have great students, a great school and great success! Keep up the good work! Happy to work with leaders who lead by example and take pride in all aspects of ensuring our University is strong, professional and only filled with team players!

Aug 17, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Current Employee,
    Thank you for the review and nice comments! We are happy to hear that you are loving your job and our team! We also appreciate the feedback on the professionalism of our... More

"Satisfied Employee!"

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working at Everglades University for several years now and have loved every day. I have a great job, great salary and beautiful office! I come to work each day and speak to students who are excited about their eucational journey! I then see these same students at graduation with thier families. What we do is life changing! The reviews from our graduates speak for themselves! It's a great place to work with professional people and a strong team. Our programs are innovative and coming to EU has been a great decision for
    me!

Cons

So every job has a small group of people who love drama and negativity. I wish the President would get rid of this little group! Which would help the entire team. They spend days complaining instead of doing their jobs and helping our students. I would say 99% of the team is great but everyone knows the pocket who isn't. I am sure with time changes will be made. But that's about it, I love my job and am grateful to work in a company that is changing lives. Could not be happier!

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a great job. We have great programs and are growing! I would
    love to see more degrees added!

"Awesome Positive Reviews! I concur!"

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Getting up each day to go to work in my dream job is a dream come true! Great programs! Great team! And great students! Very blessed to be working in a lovely company with wonderful people. Our team is the best! I can honestly say I can go to anyone on our team and they will assist me and vice versa, and the same goes for our students! I have received several salary increases and have also been promoted several times since joining EU. So thankful to have a secure and successful career! This is a great place to learn and grow and expand your career. The managers are truly there to teach and support you and I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given. Also we have the nicest students- I love talking to my students every day! I can also honestly say that is one of the best parts of my job and best places I have ever worked!

Cons

We are busy and some employees work harder than others- but I think the managers see that. I feel the creme always rises to the top and that is the way I have always worked. I want a team surrounding me that also works as hard as I do! But that is really my only complaint. I make a great salary and have no real complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within and allowing your employees to have success and growth opportunities! That is very exciting! Management has been great. Happy to be at EU.

Aug 17, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Current Employee,
    Thank you for the positive review and for taking the time to share your comments. We are happy to have you on our team and appreciate the excellent feedback about our... More

"The best Institution to be a part of as a Campus Security Officer"

Current Employee - Campus Security Officer in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Campus Security Officer in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with EU for 7 months now as campus security officer and I am very happy here. My security company (G4S) has assigned me to the most rewarding post location so far. President Mollis along with the Executive Team and VPs work really hard to provide a happy work environment for the staff and support for the students. The president along with everyone else weather its' staff members, professors, or students treat me with respect and understanding. The president never stops, she is constantly on the go. She is a hard worker, team player, and very passionate about her work for the school. She is awesome. Everyone respects one another and treat each other with tremendous amount of respect. I am so happy that i am fortunate enough to be part of this great team here at EU and i would not want to be anywhere else.

Cons

so far so good for me, all is well.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep a great competent and skillful staff

Dear Campus Security in Boca,
    Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate you, as you are a critical member of our team. Our Campus Security is an integral and important part of our day to... More

"Awesome place to work in."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working for Everglades University, the workplace culture doesn't get much better than Everglades. The students, staff and faculty are great people to work with, the short time that I've been here at Everglades I can only say great things so far. Everyone has been so welcoming since I've been here, Everglades is an awesome place to work in. President Mollis and her great Executive team along with her VPs are so passionate about the work they do here, they genuinely care about their employees and faculty. In short I love it here and Everglades I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Cons

None at all I'm blessed to be working with a wonderful staff and faculty great environment and the students are great as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work you guys are doing.

Dear Security Officer in Boca,
    Thank you for the feedback! We are honored to have you on our team! Our Security Department works extremely hard each and every day to ensure our campus is safe and... More

"Tired of the negative and false reviews"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with EU for 9 years now and I am very happy here. President Mollis along with the Executive Team and VPs work really hard to provide a happy work environment for the staff and support for the students. You can read these negative reviews and mark them as helpful but you don't know how much the leaders of this organization do on a daily basis to support the staff, faculty, and students. I see how much they really care and it irritates me to see the reviews that some post because they are unhappy about something. Go talk to your supervisor if you are upset about something. They will help you and support you.

Cons

The only cons I have are the bogus negative reviews. We promote professionalism and if you can't be professional when speaking to co-workers and students then this isn't the right environment for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Jul 19, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Executive Assistant, Thank you for the wonderful review and for your over 9 years of service to our University and support to our students. Our team does work extremely hard and are very... More