Everglades University Reviews | Glassdoor

Everglades University President / CEO Kristi L. Mollis
Kristi L. Mollis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Fast paced and hectic at times, like most jobs (in 7 reviews)

• Most, if not all positive reviews are totally fake (in 6 reviews)

1. "Excellent career choice for me!!"

Pros

Great company, room for advancement, lots of training and professional development! My Vice President is AMAZING and the President is AWESOME! We have cool cutting edge programs! I am proud of the career choice I made coming to EU and also the advancement I have been given as are many of my co-workers!! If you are a good employee there is room to grow! Most of the managers I work with have grown from within the company! We are adding campuses which is also exciting! Happy "current"employee!

Cons

Yes, you have to work while at work....so if you don't like the basics then don't apply.

Advice to Management

Keep up to good work! Thank you for giving my the opportunity to grow!

"Excellent University!"

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love our University and the people I work with! The programs we offer are cutting edge and innovative which is exciting! We have a lot of growth happening which also allows career advancement. Overall very happy to be a part of the team. I have worked for the company for over 5 years and have enjoyed my job.

Cons

This is a great place to grow and advance if you have a good attitude & want to help our students. I have advanced and grown in my career professionally. The negative reviews need the names of those writing the reviews! That would explain the content. We have a great team and the team knows it. So do the students.

Advice to Management

We are doing great and growing. We have a strong team and University. Glad to be here and thankful for the opportunity!

"Everglades University Promotes Student & Employee Growth"

Current Employee - Director of Student Services in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Student Services in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are faced with many opportunities to challenge yourself and learn new things everyday. Our VP has always welcomed new ideas to promote a healthy working environment, student growth as well as personal growth. Her leadership continues to direct the campus in a positive direction.

In 2016 I was fortunate enough to have been given the opportunity to take advantage of the company's TA. I received my MBA allowing me the growth to be promoted to my current position. Thank you always Dr. Petersson for all your encouragement, & President Mollis for the opportunity. Go EU!

Cons

Working environment is very fast paced and you must be able to work hard to stay focused. There is a realistic expectation that everyone on the team should work hard to do their job and get it done. That isn't for everyone so you must stay committed and management is supportive in that.

Advice to Management

Continue on the current path of supporting campus V.P.s and making improvements where needed.

"EU has been a great career choice for me!"

Current Employee - Financial Aid
    Current Employee - Financial Aid

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked at several colleges prior to coming EU I am thrilled with my decision. The team is excellent, friendly and my experience has been very positive. The attention to the students is exceptional and the social media reviews are accurate! This is a great school, with hard working people. In addition I have learned a lot and grown professionally. I have been invited to attend several professional development seminars and have met fantastic peer contacts. Overall I would recommend working at EU to anyone who is professional & wants to grow! They give employees amazing opportunities for advancement.

Cons

I personally don't have any cons in my job! I have a good salary and benefits. Like most places there are complainers & typically they are the ones not working & should simply leave and spare the good employees the drama! This team is professional and fair & I am happy to be on the team.

Advice to Management

Excited to keep growing and advancing continue to give employees this opportunity.

"mamager"

Current Employee - Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everglades University gave it's employees paid time off before the storm and after because they care about us. The campus VP at the Sarasota campus also provided a hot meal for the students and staff everyday for the whole first week we were back. What other company - let alone school did that!

Cons

We work hard but it is appreciated.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about the students, faculty and staff. It shows.

Sep 25, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Manager, Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate the positive feedback about the Sarasota Campus and our Vice President! We were very proud of our team and their... More

"Great Boss"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My campus Vice President Dr. Petersson heard that Publix would be getting a delivery of water today because many stores are out of water because of the hurricane so she went out and picked of water for all of the employees that could not find water. What a great boss and a really kind hearted person. It's the people like her that makes this a great place to work . Thanks Dr.P

Cons

No words at this time

Advice to Management

Continue this culture

Sep 25, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Current Employee, Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our Boca Raton Campus and Vice President. We were very proud of all of our campuses during Irma. Our team... More

"The best Institution to be a part of as a Campus Security Officer"

Current Employee - Campus Security Officer in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Campus Security Officer in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with EU for 7 months now as campus security officer and I am very happy here. My security company (G4S) has assigned me to the most rewarding post location so far. President Mollis along with the Executive Team and VPs work really hard to provide a happy work environment for the staff and support for the students. The president along with everyone else weather its' staff members, professors, or students treat me with respect and understanding. The president never stops, she is constantly on the go. She is a hard worker, team player, and very passionate about her work for the school. She is awesome. Everyone respects one another and treat each other with tremendous amount of respect. I am so happy that i am fortunate enough to be part of this great team here at EU and i would not want to be anywhere else.

Cons

so far so good for me, all is well.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep a great competent and skillful staff

Dear Campus Security in Boca,
    Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate you, as you are a critical member of our team. Our Campus Security is an integral and important part of our day to... More

"Awesome place to work in."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working for Everglades University, the workplace culture doesn't get much better than Everglades. The students, staff and faculty are great people to work with, the short time that I've been here at Everglades I can only say great things so far. Everyone has been so welcoming since I've been here, Everglades is an awesome place to work in. President Mollis and her great Executive team along with her VPs are so passionate about the work they do here, they genuinely care about their employees and faculty. In short I love it here and Everglades I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Cons

None at all I'm blessed to be working with a wonderful staff and faculty great environment and the students are great as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work you guys are doing.

Dear Security Officer in Boca,
    Thank you for the feedback! We are honored to have you on our team! Our Security Department works extremely hard each and every day to ensure our campus is safe and... More

"Employee Perspective"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Everglades University has been the most rewarding experience of my career to date. My Campus Vice President, Paul, and Dean, Dr. Rosie have always been supportive with regards to my professional growth and development.
    I am fortunate to work with a staff and faculty who are 100 percent committed to the success of our students. Having effective leadership in our corner makes that commitment a whole lot easier.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time

Dear Anonymous Employee in Orlando,
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our Orlando Campus and team! We are happy to hear that your Campus leadership team supports your... More

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University (More than 3 years)

Pros

I genuinely enjoy working for Everglades University. I have been here for almost 4 years and I can say that I truly enjoy my job responsibilities. Expectations are practical; as long as you are capable to do the work, working here is great. I also receive much praise and kudos when I meet exceed my departmental goals; the positive reinforcement drives me to continue performing well.

I have gained many lifelong friends in this company. I look forward to growing and continuing to work here.

Cons

Difficulty in growing in my department.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to take more than 1 week vacation.

Dear Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton,
    Thank you for your over 4 years of service to our University! We are happy that your Campus Vice President provides support and positive feedback in order for... More