Everglades University Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kristi L. Mollis

Pros
  • I can honestly say I really enjoy working at Everglades University (in 12 reviews)

• There are many Pros to working at Everglades University but the one I value the most is the fact that they value their employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate no one is safe (in 5 reviews)

• With that being said, no one wants to enroll to an unknown school for (in 5 reviews)

"Nice atmosphere and extremely professional team!"

Current Employee - Admission in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Admission in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since accepting the position at Everglades I have met a lot of great people and spoken to some wonderful students. I have learned a lot and continue to grow professionally each day. The University offers some innovative programs and I have been excited to learn about Renewable Energy and some of the unique degree features Everglades offers in our lunch and learn training sessions. For a new counselor it's been helpful!

Cons

There is a lot to learn and the training has been daily! I like my co-workers though and have enjoyed my time at EU so far! Part of the downside is the learning curve and a lot of phone calls and emails to communicate with students & follow-up.

Advice to Management

Continue the training! Would also like to visit the other campuses to meet their teams, I have spoken to many of them over the phones! I like the innovativeness of the programs we offer I believe that sets EU a part from other Universities! I have also enjoyed meeting the President, Ms. Kristi Mollis, she was great! And so is my Campus Vice President! Really all of the leaders have been wonderful, happy to be on the team!

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Students and most of staff

Cons

President Kristi Mollis, she is very demeaning and a horrible leader, Culture is horrible , the only department that matters is admissions and the admissions team is so stressed it affects the entire team, By far the worst college/university I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Support you staff, stop being a push over

Everglades University Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Hello this Everglades University’s President, Kristi Mollis, responding to your comment. First thank you for your time and service at Everglades University. We are proud of our team’s longevity and ... More

3. "Warm Atmosphere!!"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Everglades University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This Institution is a step up from other local competing colleges with their Leadership in the Tampa location. They are very professional, yet sincere in their warm demeanor! The way they treat their Adjuncts makes one want to continue being a part of their environment. Its simply a very positive setting and enjoyable to be an Instructor there!

Cons

If I had to mention one, maybe the term or length of a course could be a little longer. But it is satisfactory. I just hate when a student has a dilemma, for example, like a health issue and is out for a week or two and they miss a lot of the course.

Advice to Management

Keep spreading the Genuine feeling of concern about your Staff and your Students!! This one great attribute helps to keeps Instructors wanting to be a part of your facility. In addition, by not sacrificing the integrity of the courses by letting students go early, helps to make these students proud and have more ownership in that they are attending an accredited institution.

5. "Current Student and Employee"

Current Employee - MBA Student in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - MBA Student in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many Pros to working at Everglades University but the one I value the most is the fact that they value their employees. I am a current student at Everglades pursuing my MBA and I am thankful for the opportunity that Everglades is giving me, tuition assistant is apart of the benefit package.

Cons

As a student of Everglades online MBA program I wish I could attend classes both at the campus and on line.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate and encourage all employee to continue the education

6. "Registrar - Boca Raton Campus"

Current Employee - Campus Registrar in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Campus Registrar in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Good Structure
    * Excellent benefit package
    * Professional, clean and safe working environment
    * Opportunities for advancement
    * Open door policy/Transparency

I must say I came to post a positive review after completing a huge accomplishment which EU was part of. I see some other posts and feel the below is warranted to write.

I was fortunate to be offered a position at Everglades University (EU) in 2013. Today, approaching my 3rd year with the university, I still feel fortunate, as well as grateful, for having being given the opportunity and being part of the EU team. What makes EU different is that they have a constant drive to be better. If you want to be part of a vision to be the best, and understand no one organization is perfect, then you will survive in any working environment thru the good and the bad as I have. Just like every working person I have had the good days and the bad days, but at the end of the day I am very happy to be where I am at with EU.

Cons

EU is an extremely fast paced environment. Because their unique academic programs are taught on a month to month basis you are constantly challenged to keep up with the pace. Team members must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and be strategic without compromising customer service and work quality.

Advice to Management

Continue to work with key departmental team members to help facilitate change.

7. "Good Place to Teach"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Tampa, FL

Pros

I have been working at Everglades University part-time (first term)

Pros

I have been only one term, but I love it. The organization has really treated me great. The Dean and all the staff have been very helpful. And the students are very easy to teach and participate during the class sessions.

Cons

Cons

None. So far everything has been great, so there are no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

None, the Dean is doing an excellent job.

8. "Work Study Experience"

Current Employee - Work-Study in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Work-Study in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience here at Everglades University is one not to be forgotten. I’m currently going for my Bachelors in Alternative Medicine, the science track. I was tired of just thinking conventional medicine was the only form of healing so I did my research and fell in love with natural medicine. Many people don’t know or understand that pills and surgery are not the only way to treat the body. With herbs, rehab (mental/physical), mind/body/spirit healing, and other natural healing modalities, there is a better chance of longevity and quality of life. It’s not one way or the other, both forms of healing (conventional and alternative) should be used for optimal health. I’m looking forward to graduation because that’s when life really starts. With this degree, I want to better myself and heal the lives of others by changing their circumstances in a more positive way. My goal is to become a Homeopathic Doctor, Doctor of Oriental Medicine (DOM), or open up my own line of natural products. Everglades University provides a great learning environment. I love how the classes aren’t too big, it allows for more individualized attention to their students. Since the classes are smaller here, the teacher has more time to focus on each student which has really helped my grades and GPA go up. The teachers and staff are always available to go the extra mile to help students in every way they can. I used to be terrified of public speaking and presenting in front of a group (even a group of 5 people) and I became stronger due to the support from all my fellow colleagues. Just by overcoming that obstacle, I developed self-confidence and made new friends. This university has taught me leadership skills that I can carry on with me throughout the rest of my life. This degree opens up many doors and opportunities, if it’s something you’re really passionate about.

Cons

Every workplace has some flaws but at Everglades University there isn't much to say. The only thing I would say is that I wish tuition wasn't so costly. Other than that there is much to say about working here. I really like the staff and students.

Advice to Management

For me, I enjoy my experience here at Everglades University and its one that I will share to others and never take for granted.

"Admissions team rocks!"

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The online admissions team is great. Most of the DOA's are awesome. Fairly young environment. Overtime is a plus but performance is a must. Flexible schedule as long as it is not taken advantage of. Great teamwork in the online division admissions department.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is a sales job where you have to meet an unrealistic goal. The tuition is overpriced and there are a lot of politics involved. Overtime is mandatory. Not an ideal family environment. The management departments are overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

DOAs shield your team from the upper management politics and the team will make you shine!

"Great Company!!!"

Current Employee - Campus Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Campus Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been promoted after being with the company and working hard for a year and a half. The organization has been extremely fair to me and has really treated me great. Some days are harder than others as this is a very fast paced work environment and if you are not a hard worker, organized and able to multi-task this may not be a good fit. Also the University is growing and does promote within for those who actually work! If you slack off and have a sense of entitlement and do not work hard for your growth it will not come. Hard work is rewarded!

Cons

If you are not a hard worker you will not be able to grow… The University is student focused.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing the University is growing and the students and HARD workers are happy. Haters will always hate…

"Innovative Education, Friendly Culture, Caring Staff and Faculty, Beautiful Office Environment"

Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to go to work and feel fufilled every day knowing that you have helped change someone's life then Everglades University is the place for you! The staff and faculty really care about helping students achieve their full potential and it shows! We offer Innovative Programs and it is excting to be on the cutting edge of education. Exceptional co-workers, a beautiful office setting, competetive salary and benefits complete the package.

Cons

There is never a dull moment on a college campus - which I really enjoy.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do to support our campus, students, faculty and staff.