Everglades University Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 30, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kristi L. Mollis

Pros
  • I can honestly say I really enjoy working at Everglades University (in 12 reviews)

• There are many Pros to working at Everglades University but the one I value the most is the fact that they value their employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate no one is safe (in 5 reviews)

• With that being said, no one wants to enroll to an unknown school for (in 5 reviews)

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a job, can fill in while getting something better.

Cons

Micromanagement to the max. Campus President hires her friends and if you aren't, she is degrading and rude

Advice to Management

Upper management is no better. Unrealistic expectations with poor quality leads. Using career leads to recruit Bachelor & Masters degrees.

Everglades University Response

May 4, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

The Tampa Campus of EU opened 2 years ago in January and we are thrilled to have our first graduates this spring, we look forward to our continued success thanks to all our faculty, staff and ... More

"Kristi: Read the Reviews More Carefully!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. Really, there were none.

Cons

Horrible, depressing atmosphere. No positive motivation. No constructive criticism. ONLY knee-jerk reactions, and nobody's ideas matter unless they align perfectly with Kristi's.

Advice to Management

You responded to the review of a CURRENT employee, not a past one. It's like there is just a flat-out inability for you/EU to address shortcomings. That's why you lose people. It's not rocket science.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Students and most of staff

Cons

President Kristi Mollis, she is very demeaning and a horrible leader, Culture is horrible , the only department that matters is admissions and the admissions team is so stressed it affects the entire team, By far the worst college/university I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Support you staff, stop being a push over

Everglades University Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Hello this Everglades University’s President, Kristi Mollis, responding to your comment. First thank you for your time and service at Everglades University. We are proud of our team’s longevity and ... More

"Worst experience ever!!!"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

There are no pros at all.

Cons

Don't accept any offer. If you do it, it's under your own risk. They are very unprofessional. A common staff meeting consist of yelling, threating. If you respect yourself don't go there. If you do ask why the turn over is that high.

"CAVEAT EMPTOR-Caveat venditor"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not too many... Buyer beware. Over priced institution.

Cons

Overpriced institution. Not good to it's employees!

"Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!! Stay away unless you like to be treated like dog crap."

Former Employee - Director in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zero. Nothing there is no value to working at this education sink hole. I feel badly for anyone that is deceived by the con artisty of the school.

Cons

Management has absolutely NO clue. Favoritism runs rampited. This school is the negative armpit of what is wrong with for profit education. The owner and adms make 100k+
    Students will be strapped with 150k worth of loans! Outrageous!!

Advice to Management

You have no idea what you are doing. Sell to someone that really cares!

"You do not want to work here!"

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are certainly some good, hard-working people here. The students, staff and faculty are pros. You bond together with good coworkers and then you support each other through the horrible, hypocritical management until you get through and support each other after you are all happily gone. I have made life-long friends because difficult experiences tend to bond good people together. The location is good. Also, it appears that management has honed their skills in writing fake 5 star reviews that suddenly appear after a worker resigns that say exactly the opposite of what was written. There is a lot of turnover, so management gets a lot of practice writing these fake reviews that are so unbelievable anyway. “Go, team”!

Cons

This place puts on a great show when they hire you and pretend that they are all about the students. This is absolutely untrue. Students only matter while they are being aggressively recruited or when they are being signed up for predatory loans. Profit and numbers rule here and students who barely speak English are enrolled to make quotas. Don’t be fooled, this is a business above all else. There is very high turnover here and as soon as you start the façade falls away and you realize you are being disrespected daily in a sweat shop like atmosphere. Extremely long days that go on and on with no break in sight. You then have to deal with crazy demands of your time and energy while you look for your next job! Most people do not last more than six months to a year. You will be disrespected and lied to and in the end when you resign or get fired, you cannot even use this place as a reference. This is a horrible place to work and I am happy to give this advice! I wish I was warned, I had serious PTsd after my tour here. I would advise that you do a search on LinkedIn on former employees and ask them to share their thoughts.

Advice to Management

I have no advice. I wanted to have my say after seeing so many absurd fake reviews posted here lately. Spend less time creating inauthentic defensive reviews and former employees like me will stay out of this nonsense. You would be better off not responding at all.

"Unbearably toxic demoralizing"

Former Employee - Staff Online in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Staff Online in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Are you considering working here? Faculty or hourly employment is ok, bearable even. Otherwise, you need to know what you are getting into. First, ask yourself what kind of place routinely manages their negative/realistic reviews by creating fake reviews? Why are there so many bad reviews? VERY High turnover, unrealistic expectations, and basically an intense toxic environment that will never change EVER.

Cons

Staff is constantly quiting or resigning leaving a mess for everyone else to deal with. Mandatory overtime. No respect for employees. Chronic High Stress and unhealthy values—values that disregard your life-work balance and family. Everyone is required to make their quota of admission calls daily, even if you are not in this department. Unrealistic expectations for every job description. Bullying and threats. Upper management is micromanaged by the psychopathic president whose only concern profit above all else. Employees are encouraged to use fmla (possible stress-related) illness. This is absolute truth. I was warned and now you are too.

Advice to Management

Absolutely pointless. Though I am curious why high turnover doesn't seem to matter at all. Tell the truth at interview. Some masochists may be really excited and join 'the team".

"The positive reviews on here are fake. FAKE, I tell you."

Former Employee - Academic Administrator/Faculty Member in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Academic Administrator/Faculty Member in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The cons outweigh the pros so much that there isn't much point in listing any. The location is convenient and there is a cool banyan tree in the parking lot. If you have no regard for the current state of the national post-secondary education system AND you have ethics with no boundaries when it comes to cheating students out of their future earnings, then this might be a great place for you.

Cons

The school is run by greedy, socoipathic, paranoid control freaks who will do everything they can to make you push the boundaries of your ethics to their limits... and beyond. There is nothing, NOTHING more important to them than getting the next enrollment. Please be aware that the positive reviews on here are FAKE. I worked there for nearly a decade and can assure you that the negative reviews are completely honest... and not those of people with poor work ethic, as stated in one of the positive reviews. Ignore the false positives! Run away as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

There is no way the managers would heed any advice provided, so there is no point in providing any. They will not change. It is my sincere hope that SACS does not continue this schools accreditation. Though, I feel bad for the students who will be hurt by the loss... it's better for the futures of many more if Everglades is not regionally accredited.

"The worst experience of my professional career."

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had a nice starting salary and was close to residency. The campus is in a nice location.

Cons

This is the worst company to work for. Please save yourself the weeks or months it will take to figure this out. Worst turnover rate (my position has had at least 3 people since). Staff are miserable, terrible benefits, zero professionalism and ethics. One of them works at my current employer and another was a interview candidate. Both had the same awful experience with the Boca Raton campus.

Advice to Management

Kristi Mollis shouldn't be in leadership, let alone a President of any institution. She has no regard for her employees and the staff that have been there longer than 3 years only stay due to fear and bribing.