Everglades University Reviews | Glassdoor

Everglades University President / CEO Kristi L. Mollis
Kristi L. Mollis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Fast paced and hectic at times, like most jobs (in 8 reviews)

• Most, if not all positive reviews are totally fake (in 6 reviews)

"Look at the Benefit reviews! Sums this place up!"

Pros

Very nice campus and great interaction with students who really want to better themselves. I️ enjoyed helping guide students to helpful options.

Cons

Students are looked at as dollar signs to the point I’ve seen the university threaten them about payments and reenrolling. Also most bizarre leadership I’ve ever seen. I️ believe they write all the positive reviews. Do not work here!

Advice to Management

Start cutting from the top. Hire the right people atthe bottom and build them up. Or move the people from the top to the bottom to let the realistically earn their position and have a more grounded understanding of the industry. Don’t let a poor leader threaten their employees for positive feedback. This is not North Korea.

"Admissions"

I worked at Everglades University full-time

Pros

Co-workers were very nice. They made the day tolerable

Cons

EVERYTHING!! A Mickey Mouse joint masquerading as an accredited university.

Advice to Management

Take some management courses and learn how to effectively lead your team of employees

Aug 17, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Former Employee,
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you liked your co-workers, we DO have an exceptional team! We wish you well in your future endeavors.

SACSCOC... More

"Worst job ever! Don't believe the 5 star rating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing good but they pay a little more than average higher ed jobs

Cons

It's by far the worse Job I currently have! The reviews are false. Trust me they are all made up by upper management to hide the truth and to boost they horrible rating. Please don't ever apply here because your life will be impacted! Worse management from top to bottom!

Advice to Management

Change the whole mamagement team and start over

Aug 3, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Current Employee (if you are truly still here),
    If you are this unhappy in your job you have two options; leave or come see me.
    And my door is always open. It's your call. We wish you the... More

"They Apparently Don't Learn"

I worked at Everglades University full-time

Pros

There was nothing, except I got paid.

Cons

The worst is the way they treat employees but then expect and even DEMAND complete loyalty to the point where you can't put your family first. They insist that you lie up here and post positive fake reviews... or else. Management is a joke and they are clueless about running a real school.

Advice to Management

Just make actual improvements and you won't have to come up with ways to combat negative reviews.

Aug 3, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Former Employee,
    We are sorry you feel this way and are happy that you left because you appear to be quite upset! Everglades University is committed to its employees and students!

We have... More

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a job, can fill in while getting something better.

Cons

Micromanagement to the max. Campus President hires her friends and if you aren't, she is degrading and rude

Advice to Management

Upper management is no better. Unrealistic expectations with poor quality leads. Using career leads to recruit Bachelor & Masters degrees.

May 4, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

The Tampa Campus of EU opened 2 years ago in January and we are thrilled to have our first graduates this spring, we look forward to our continued success thanks to all our faculty, staff and... More

"Kristi: Read the Reviews More Carefully!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. Really, there were none.

Cons

Horrible, depressing atmosphere. No positive motivation. No constructive criticism. ONLY knee-jerk reactions, and nobody's ideas matter unless they align perfectly with Kristi's.

Advice to Management

You responded to the review of a CURRENT employee, not a past one. It's like there is just a flat-out inability for you/EU to address shortcomings. That's why you lose people. It's not rocket science.

Jul 24, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Anonymous Employee,
    We wish you well in your future endeavors. Our team has been together for many years, our University has accomplished so many tremendous things, and our entire team works... More

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Students and most of staff

Cons

President Kristi Mollis, she is very demeaning and a horrible leader, Culture is horrible , the only department that matters is admissions and the admissions team is so stressed it affects the entire team, By far the worst college/university I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Support you staff, stop being a push over

Feb 8, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Hello this Everglades University’s President, Kristi Mollis, responding to your comment. First thank you for your time and service at Everglades University. We are proud of our team’s longevity and... More

"Worst experience ever!!!"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

There are no pros at all.

Cons

Don't accept any offer. If you do it, it's under your own risk. They are very unprofessional. A common staff meeting consist of yelling, threating. If you respect yourself don't go there. If you do ask why the turn over is that high.

Jul 24, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Former Employee.
    We have a very tenured and professional Boca Raton team, so this review is simply bogus and meant to be harmful to the University. Our leadership at the Boca Raton Campus... More

"Treat your staff and faculty with RESPECT!"

Pros

Can make great connections leading to a lifetime of friendship and better opportunities!

Cons

Treat staff and faculty like there disposable
    Excessive tuition cost
    No sick leave
    Company changes their job description without letting the employee know first.
    Tells Employees they should be happy to be employed whenever forcing new unlikely admissions calls for all departments.
    Consistent changes in VP's because President Mollis treats them so bad.
    VP's are not fully ready and/or trained for the position at hand.

Advice to Management

Stop changing out staff! Learn to truly value your employees not threaten or bully staff to achieve unrealistic goals. Stop giving the big bonuses to those who do not make the campus what they are DAILY! Reward your staff and faculty! Stop making every department make admissions calls (financial aid, registrar, librarians, student services and bursar) makes no sense to write up someone for something that isn't even apart of there daily activities. Finally, no matter who many people this company hires until you learn to appreciate them for what they contribute and provide them with knowledgeable VICE PRESIDENTS who posses a vision on how to grow these campus. These poor students will continue to care less about there school and/or promoting others to join. And these staff that you care nothing about will move on to another company who will appreciate them!

The Department of Education needs to investigate and shut this school DOWN!

Because the OOP and OOC does not care about their staff and faculty! If you don't believe me simply ask them if there happy!?! I'm sure the answer will be an overwhelming NO!

Oct 4, 2016 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Anonymous, We appreciate your feedback and would like to respond to a few of the “Cons” you stated. First all employees are given the opportunity to succeed in addition each employee has PTO... More

"Soul-sucking environment"

I worked at Everglades University full-time

Pros

Some of the people who work here are good people and really care about the students, but the atmosphere here is toxic. There is very little to recommend this place but there's a word minimum for the 'pro' section here.

Cons

No one, I repeat, no one is happy working here. Not the higher ups, not anyone. Extremely high turnover bears this out. In my first month working here I saw 5 good people quit. Some with no other jobs lined up. I left the second I had another job lined up. The people who stay do so out of desperation. They expect everyone to work through lunch, very little time off, work Saturdays if work gets backed up because other people have quit, no words of praise, everything is about the poor job everyone is doing. This atmosphere comes straight from President Kristi Mollis who is someone who cares more about the flooring and the furnishings than she does in investing in her staff or in things like class development or better technology that would actually better this "university." I've worked in a lot of colleges in my time and I've seen a lot of ridiculousness, but this place is the worst. Everything is about profit, and increasing the student body count but it is completely short-sighted. None of Mollis' strategies for increasing enrollments are viable. They are about calling and harassing former students to come back. The higher ups don't listen to good advice from their staff, completely micromanage and lead by intimidation. People live in fear of Kristi Mollis and this promotes a culture of helplessness among the staff, with everyone afraid to be the next person called out for not meeting some mysterious moving target that Mollis or someone else has set out but not conveyed to the staff.

Advice to Management

Stop calling students who have left or flunked out or been kicked out because their financial aid has run out and begging them to return. It's counterproductive and everyone knows it except Mollis. Everyone. The students who do return just accrue more debt then tend to drop out again. Mollis won't listen to this because she surrounds herself with yes-men but perhaps this will stop someone from taking a job here when they have other possibilities.