Everglades University Reviews | Glassdoor

Everglades University President / CEO Kristi L. Mollis
Kristi L. Mollis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Fast paced and hectic at times, like most jobs (in 7 reviews)

• Most, if not all positive reviews are totally fake (in 6 reviews)

"Fast & Innovative Organization to work for..."

Current Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everglades University gives employee the opportunity to learn, train and grow within the organization. If you are willing to put forth the effort of learning, hard work and have a passion to help students change their lives. This is the place to work for. It’s a University that you can grow and be successful in your career. Dynamic faculty and staff.. The University offers sophisticated programs that are design to meet the needs of today’s demanding market.
    “Change your thoughts and you change your world”.
    by Norman Vincent Peale.

Cons

It would me nice to have more options on health benefits

Advice to Management

Great place to work for; lots of training and support from upper management.

"Innovative Education, Friendly Culture, Caring Staff and Faculty, Beautiful Office Environment"

Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to go to work and feel fufilled every day knowing that you have helped change someone's life then Everglades University is the place for you! The staff and faculty really care about helping students achieve their full potential and it shows! We offer Innovative Programs and it is excting to be on the cutting edge of education. Exceptional co-workers, a beautiful office setting, competetive salary and benefits complete the package.

Cons

There is never a dull moment on a college campus - which I really enjoy.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do to support our campus, students, faculty and staff.

"Student"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a University where I had received my Bachelors Degree in Alternative & Renewable Energy Management. For some reason I can not get pass this without having to fill this out to upload my resume.

Cons

It is a University, good school

Dear Former Employee and EU Student,
    Thank you for taking the time to provide a positive review about the degree you earned at EU! We wish you well as you pursue your career goals! If we can... More

"Boca Ground campus RULES"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

I have been with Admissions for almost 6 years and feel that I have changed so many lives. The Boca ground campus has grown tremendously over the past year because we truly implement "students first" philosophy in every department! There is nothing more rewarding then meeting with students, assisting them through the process, and the continued relationships you have with them while they are here and post-graduation

Cons

It is not easy to be on the forefront of a growing university so if you are NOT determined, motivated, and willing to be part of the growth then this is not a good fit. This is only a con if you do not like to work.

Advice to Management

The Boca Ground campus has the best managers! We all support one another and work as a team! Your VP sets the tone and ours, Dr. Arlette apetersson, is one of the best I have ever worked for; she carries herself with the upmost professionalism and respect so you only want to work harder. She knows how to deliver a message and provides the support for us to get our jobs done!

"Great Company!!!"

Current Employee - Campus Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Campus Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been promoted after being with the company and working hard for a year and a half. The organization has been extremely fair to me and has really treated me great. Some days are harder than others as this is a very fast paced work environment and if you are not a hard worker, organized and able to multi-task this may not be a good fit. Also the University is growing and does promote within for those who actually work! If you slack off and have a sense of entitlement and do not work hard for your growth it will not come. Hard work is rewarded!

Cons

If you are not a hard worker you will not be able to grow… The University is student focused.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing the University is growing and the students and HARD workers are happy. Haters will always hate…

Dear Current Campus Manager in Boca Raton,
    Congratulations on being promoted after being with our University only a year and a half! We prefer to have promote from within the University so it's... More

"Growth Potential!"

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can honestly say I really enjoy working at Everglades University. Since my very first day I have put forth my best effort and am proof that hard work truly pays off. I have been promoted twice and now am into my second year as managing my own department. The biggest reward is when a student recognizes you at graduation and gives you a big hug because they are so thankful for the positive impact that you have made on their life!

Cons

This is a school that puts their students first! This means that you have to be a team player and motivated with a great work ethic! If you do not thrive in a fast paced environment you will not do well because we take the time to show each student the same level of respect and customer service that they deserve.

Advice to Management

Keep putting our student's first and the rest will follow.

"Warm Atmosphere!!"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Everglades University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This Institution is a step up from other local competing colleges with their Leadership in the Tampa location. They are very professional, yet sincere in their warm demeanor! The way they treat their Adjuncts makes one want to continue being a part of their environment. Its simply a very positive setting and enjoyable to be an Instructor there!

Cons

If I had to mention one, maybe the term or length of a course could be a little longer. But it is satisfactory. I just hate when a student has a dilemma, for example, like a health issue and is out for a week or two and they miss a lot of the course.

Advice to Management

Keep spreading the Genuine feeling of concern about your Staff and your Students!! This one great attribute helps to keeps Instructors wanting to be a part of your facility. In addition, by not sacrificing the integrity of the courses by letting students go early, helps to make these students proud and have more ownership in that they are attending an accredited institution.

Dear Adjunct Professor In Tampa,
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our Tampa Campus and team. We are genuinely committed to our students and care about their... More

"Great School to Work for"

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

Everglades University is a great school to work for. The staff and faculty all work together to ensure the school runs smoothly and that the students walk away with an education they are proud of. The work environment is supportive and allows you to grow and move forward in your career goals.

Cons

Fast paced and hectic at times, like most jobs.

"Great University"

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

I have been working at Everglades University for almost five years. I have had the opportunity to work with an amazing team and I look forward to see the university grow! This is a fantastic university with small class sizes, and students enjoy the personal attention. I am proud to be a part of Everglades University.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

None

Jun 21, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Anonymous Boca Employee, we are very happy to hear that you work with a wonderful team and are very happy working at EU. We are growing and are excited about what the future holds. Thank you for... More

"Thank you Everglades University!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for EU has really taught me a lot about my self and others. The staff is great, we are a well oiled machine lead by a dedicated and caring VP. That kind of leadership gives us the ability to ensure team effectiveness and provide the best service to our current and future students! The faculty is top notch, all smart and devoted professionals in their field. We have the best students, the most passionate group of individuals I have ever met, it is inspiring to watch them succeed.

Cons

Like any job, things can become frustrating.

Jun 21, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Anonymous Boca Employee, thank you for sharing your opinion and experience working at EU. We are very happy to hear of the dedication and caring your Campus VP expresses to the team and how you... More