Everglades University Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kristi L. Mollis

Pros
  • There are many Pros to working at Everglades University but the one I value the most is the fact that they value their employees (in 11 reviews)

• I have been working at Everglades University part-time (first term) (in 5 reviews)

Cons

"Everglades University has a phenomenal team!"

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the most dedicated faculty and staff I have ever had the pleasure to work with! Beautiful campuses and cutting edge programs with high graduate and placement rates. Competitive salaries and benefits and a very rewarding career. Holiday schedule follows traditional academic year. Great opportunity for advancement as the University is growing and opening more campuses!

Cons

Fast pace, strong student focus they do come first!

Advice to Management

Love my job!

"Fast & Innovative Organization to work for..."

Current Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everglades University gives employee the opportunity to learn, train and grow within the organization. If you are willing to put forth the effort of learning, hard work and have a passion to help students change their lives. This is the place to work for. It’s a University that you can grow and be successful in your career. Dynamic faculty and staff.. The University offers sophisticated programs that are design to meet the needs of today’s demanding market.
    “Change your thoughts and you change your world”.
    by Norman Vincent Peale.

Cons

It would me nice to have more options on health benefits

Advice to Management

Great place to work for; lots of training and support from upper management.

"Innovative Education, Friendly Culture, Caring Staff and Faculty, Beautiful Office Environment"

Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to go to work and feel fufilled every day knowing that you have helped change someone's life then Everglades University is the place for you! The staff and faculty really care about helping students achieve their full potential and it shows! We offer Innovative Programs and it is excting to be on the cutting edge of education. Exceptional co-workers, a beautiful office setting, competetive salary and benefits complete the package.

Cons

There is never a dull moment on a college campus - which I really enjoy.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do to support our campus, students, faculty and staff.

"Student"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a University where I had received my Bachelors Degree in Alternative & Renewable Energy Management. For some reason I can not get pass this without having to fill this out to upload my resume.

Cons

It is a University, good school

"Boca Ground campus RULES"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

I have been with Admissions for almost 6 years and feel that I have changed so many lives. The Boca ground campus has grown tremendously over the past year because we truly implement "students first" philosophy in every department! There is nothing more rewarding then meeting with students, assisting them through the process, and the continued relationships you have with them while they are here and post-graduation

Cons

It is not easy to be on the forefront of a growing university so if you are NOT determined, motivated, and willing to be part of the growth then this is not a good fit. This is only a con if you do not like to work.

Advice to Management

The Boca Ground campus has the best managers! We all support one another and work as a team! Your VP sets the tone and ours, Dr. Arlette apetersson, is one of the best I have ever worked for; she carries herself with the upmost professionalism and respect so you only want to work harder. She knows how to deliver a message and provides the support for us to get our jobs done!

"Great Company!!!"

Current Employee - Campus Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Campus Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been promoted after being with the company and working hard for a year and a half. The organization has been extremely fair to me and has really treated me great. Some days are harder than others as this is a very fast paced work environment and if you are not a hard worker, organized and able to multi-task this may not be a good fit. Also the University is growing and does promote within for those who actually work! If you slack off and have a sense of entitlement and do not work hard for your growth it will not come. Hard work is rewarded!

Cons

If you are not a hard worker you will not be able to grow… The University is student focused.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing the University is growing and the students and HARD workers are happy. Haters will always hate…

"Growth Potential!"

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can honestly say I really enjoy working at Everglades University. Since my very first day I have put forth my best effort and am proof that hard work truly pays off. I have been promoted twice and now am into my second year as managing my own department. The biggest reward is when a student recognizes you at graduation and gives you a big hug because they are so thankful for the positive impact that you have made on their life!

Cons

This is a school that puts their students first! This means that you have to be a team player and motivated with a great work ethic! If you do not thrive in a fast paced environment you will not do well because we take the time to show each student the same level of respect and customer service that they deserve.

Advice to Management

Keep putting our student's first and the rest will follow.

9. "Current Student and Employee"

Current Employee - MBA Student in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - MBA Student in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many Pros to working at Everglades University but the one I value the most is the fact that they value their employees. I am a current student at Everglades pursuing my MBA and I am thankful for the opportunity that Everglades is giving me, tuition assistant is apart of the benefit package.

Cons

As a student of Everglades online MBA program I wish I could attend classes both at the campus and on line.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate and encourage all employee to continue the education

10. "Warm Atmosphere!!"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Everglades University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This Institution is a step up from other local competing colleges with their Leadership in the Tampa location. They are very professional, yet sincere in their warm demeanor! The way they treat their Adjuncts makes one want to continue being a part of their environment. Its simply a very positive setting and enjoyable to be an Instructor there!

Cons

If I had to mention one, maybe the term or length of a course could be a little longer. But it is satisfactory. I just hate when a student has a dilemma, for example, like a health issue and is out for a week or two and they miss a lot of the course.

Advice to Management

Keep spreading the Genuine feeling of concern about your Staff and your Students!! This one great attribute helps to keeps Instructors wanting to be a part of your facility. In addition, by not sacrificing the integrity of the courses by letting students go early, helps to make these students proud and have more ownership in that they are attending an accredited institution.

"Nice atmosphere and extremely professional team!"

Current Employee - Admission in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Admission in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since accepting the position at Everglades I have met a lot of great people and spoken to some wonderful students. I have learned a lot and continue to grow professionally each day. The University offers some innovative programs and I have been excited to learn about Renewable Energy and some of the unique degree features Everglades offers in our lunch and learn training sessions. For a new counselor it's been helpful!

Cons

There is a lot to learn and the training has been daily! I like my co-workers though and have enjoyed my time at EU so far! Part of the downside is the learning curve and a lot of phone calls and emails to communicate with students & follow-up.

Advice to Management

Continue the training! Would also like to visit the other campuses to meet their teams, I have spoken to many of them over the phones! I like the innovativeness of the programs we offer I believe that sets EU a part from other Universities! I have also enjoyed meeting the President, Ms. Kristi Mollis, she was great! And so is my Campus Vice President! Really all of the leaders have been wonderful, happy to be on the team!