Everglades University Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kristi L. Mollis

Pros
Cons
  • Fast paced and hectic at times, like most jobs (in 8 reviews)

• Please be aware that the positive reviews on here are FAKE (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours, great staff

Cons

Never enough time for training

Advice to Management

Provide more on the job training

2. "Unique course of studies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Everglades University part-time

Pros

I work at the Tampa campus. A few weeks ago I was honored to hear 4 students give impromptu testimonies about their experiences at our campus. They mentioned they were not the traditional students and yet here they were loving their studies and getting a college education, something several had never dreamt possible. I realized at that moment that our school is unique and it can be the right fit for many who may have been unsuccessful at a traditional school.

Cons

Although untraditional in many of the subjects and each classe being only 4 weeks, many students are surprised by the fast pace and the amount of work. Not sure if this a con, rather this is college.

Advice to Management

Positive feedback is always a plus in a high pressure job.

3. "Love it here"

Current Employee - Faculty in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Faculty in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, great training program, everyone is extremely knowledage

Cons

None that come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The Tampa campus is family-oriented and fantastic to be a part of. Dina the campus Vice President knows what she is doing and cares about everyone, students and staff!

4. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University (More than 3 years)

Pros

I genuinely enjoy working for Everglades University. I have been here for almost 4 years and I can say that I truly enjoy my job responsibilities. Expectations are practical; as long as you are capable to do the work, working here is great. I also receive much praise and kudos when I meet exceed my departmental goals; the positive reinforcement drives me to continue performing well.

I have gained many lifelong friends in this company. I look forward to growing and continuing to work here.

Cons

Difficulty in growing in my department.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to take more than 1 week vacation.

5. "Employee Perspective"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Everglades University has been the most rewarding experience of my career to date. My Campus Vice President, Paul, and Dean, Dr. Rosie have always been supportive with regards to my professional growth and development.
    I am fortunate to work with a staff and faculty who are 100 percent committed to the success of our students. Having effective leadership in our corner makes that commitment a whole lot easier.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time

6. "I got my dream job at Everglades University"

Current Employee - Campus Librarian in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Campus Librarian in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everglades University is a great employer. It's a wonderful warm inviting environment - the campus is beautiful and the facilities are great! I'm finally in the academic environment that I always dreamed I would be in helping students. The administration is positive and they really know how to treat you well and give you the freedom in your position to truly shine. Everybody seems to generally really like one another and they are always available to me to help me through since I am the new kid on the block. The smaller size of the University lets me have more individualized attention to students. Everglades University has truly been a pleasure and I am happy everyday here and wish I had this job 9 years ago when I fresh out of library school. I just love working at the Boca and Online Division campuses.

Cons

At Everglades, students are the first priority and they have to have access to all staff on their first day of class. So, once a month, I have to work from 9:30am to 9:00pm, on the first start date of the term of classes. (classes start once a month) I think the library should be open until atleast 10pm because students are in classes at night from 6pm-10pm and we close at 9 on Mondays, Tuesday, and Wednesdays and students are still coming in at 9pm. On Wednesday and Fridays, we are open 10am - 7pm. Therefore, I wish I had one more librarian to help out with the hours. That extra hand would allow us to be open so that we could be open longer with a real librarian on duty at all hours. As the University grows that maybe a possibility. I envision a new EU library where it would be a brand new facility with a very large library with lots of study areas for the students and a testing center. Right now, we just have two tables in our small library. It is not easy trying to come up with cons are they are just what is expected of a professional librarian at Everglades University. I am so thankful to have a job and this place is a breath of fresh air for me.

Advice to Management

I look forward to seeing what comes next and learning more about what is expected of my in my position. I think the mission of the University is right on and

7. "Dedicated Empolyee"

Current Employee - Registrar in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Registrar in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working at Everglades University because of the Great Staff, Faculty and the students that have started and Graduated with their degree. I have experienced and learned a lot in my 7 1/2 years. I am always up for a challenge and continue to be all I can be. Motto "Can Do".

Cons

The only con I have is not being able to take time off within the year before my new PTO rolls in.

Advice to Management

n/a

8. "All about the students"

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great team environment on the campus, everyone works well together to produce the best experience for the students. The small class sizes and personal attention from the faculty really help the students develop.

Cons

It is a fast paced and hectic environment, like most jobs

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging and supporting your team.

Jun 21, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Anonymous Employee, we would like to thank you for providing feedback on how we are doing with creating a cohesive team environment and supporting our staff and students. It is wonderful to hear ... More

9. "Five Years Later"

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

Everglades University is a great company to work for! The staff is fairly small and this creates good job security and allows you the opportunity to work hands on with your students day-to-day. There’s also a lot of opportunity for growth for those that will demonstrate competency and show they’re ambitious and eager for the challenge. I joined this company five years ago at an entry level position and am now directing my department. Individuals who are hardworking, customer service oriented, and all around team-players will thrive within these walls. The best part of the job is the feeling of making a difference and changing lives. The staff really cares about the students and works incredibly hard to help them overcome obstacles and achieve their educational goals!

Cons

This may come as a shocker for some, but positions here require actual WORK. The company is big on deadlines and employees here work hard to meet them. It’s a fast paced environment, so if your work style is similar to that of a slug or a turtle, this is probably not for you.

Jun 21, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Anonymous Boca Employee, we really enjoyed reading your review of your daily work experience with EU. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We do have a fast-paced ... More

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management genuinely cares about the hourly staff. The training and supervision I have had, have been top notch. I feel that I am valued as an employee and that my thoughts and ideas are taken into consideration.

Cons

I have no cons to this point.

Advice to Management

Please continue to keep the employees updated on what is happening with the programs and other things that may affect our ability to do our jobs well. Continue to maintain a high level of training and follow up with the employees to ensure they understand what is expected of them.

Jun 21, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Admissions Counselor, thank you for your review and feedback regarding your training, supervisor, and overall opinion of EU. You are a valued member of our team and we are happy you feel the ... More