Everglades University Reviews | Glassdoor

Everglades University President / CEO Kristi L. Mollis
Kristi L. Mollis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Fast paced and hectic at times, like most jobs (in 7 reviews)

• Most, if not all positive reviews are totally fake (in 6 reviews)

1. "instructor"

Former Employee - Instructor in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Instructor in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent staff and faculty; most students worked hard and were happy to be there; great collegiality

Cons

Need for more varied majors, especially in health care

Advice to Management

Keep building staff morale to benefit students, faculty, and staff.

2. "Excellent career choice for me!!"

Pros

Great company, room for advancement, lots of training and professional development! My Vice President is AMAZING and the President is AWESOME! We have cool cutting edge programs! I am proud of the career choice I made coming to EU and also the advancement I have been given as are many of my co-workers!! If you are a good employee there is room to grow! Most of the managers I work with have grown from within the company! We are adding campuses which is also exciting! Happy "current"employee!

Cons

Yes, you have to work while at work....so if you don't like the basics then don't apply.

Advice to Management

Keep up to good work! Thank you for giving my the opportunity to grow!

"Don’t be scammed on working here!!!"

I worked at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I️ have a hard time of thinking of any as they are very cutthroat and don’t invest in their employees. Don’t trust the positive reviews because they are forced or written by the president herself to boost her ego.

Cons

Honestly it’s terrible to be baited into a job were the outlook is not in your favor. I️ have sales experience but this job was just crazy. Expectations are unrealistic and it’s hard to sale a school that you don’t believe in because they are ripping students off.

Advice to Management

Just change the name of your school and drop the tuition. You have done this in the past due to poor reviews.

"Everglades University Promotes Student & Employee Growth"

Current Employee - Director of Student Services in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Student Services in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are faced with many opportunities to challenge yourself and learn new things everyday. Our VP has always welcomed new ideas to promote a healthy working environment, student growth as well as personal growth. Her leadership continues to direct the campus in a positive direction.

In 2016 I was fortunate enough to have been given the opportunity to take advantage of the company's TA. I received my MBA allowing me the growth to be promoted to my current position. Thank you always Dr. Petersson for all your encouragement, & President Mollis for the opportunity. Go EU!

Cons

Working environment is very fast paced and you must be able to work hard to stay focused. There is a realistic expectation that everyone on the team should work hard to do their job and get it done. That isn't for everyone so you must stay committed and management is supportive in that.

Advice to Management

Continue on the current path of supporting campus V.P.s and making improvements where needed.

"Excellent University!"

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love our University and the people I work with! The programs we offer are cutting edge and innovative which is exciting! We have a lot of growth happening which also allows career advancement. Overall very happy to be a part of the team. I have worked for the company for over 5 years and have enjoyed my job.

Cons

This is a great place to grow and advance if you have a good attitude & want to help our students. I have advanced and grown in my career professionally. The negative reviews need the names of those writing the reviews! That would explain the content. We have a great team and the team knows it. So do the students.

Advice to Management

We are doing great and growing. We have a strong team and University. Glad to be here and thankful for the opportunity!

"EU has been a great career choice for me!"

Current Employee - Financial Aid
    Current Employee - Financial Aid

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked at several colleges prior to coming EU I am thrilled with my decision. The team is excellent, friendly and my experience has been very positive. The attention to the students is exceptional and the social media reviews are accurate! This is a great school, with hard working people. In addition I have learned a lot and grown professionally. I have been invited to attend several professional development seminars and have met fantastic peer contacts. Overall I would recommend working at EU to anyone who is professional & wants to grow! They give employees amazing opportunities for advancement.

Cons

I personally don't have any cons in my job! I have a good salary and benefits. Like most places there are complainers & typically they are the ones not working & should simply leave and spare the good employees the drama! This team is professional and fair & I am happy to be on the team.

Advice to Management

Excited to keep growing and advancing continue to give employees this opportunity.

"mamager"

Current Employee - Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everglades University gave it's employees paid time off before the storm and after because they care about us. The campus VP at the Sarasota campus also provided a hot meal for the students and staff everyday for the whole first week we were back. What other company - let alone school did that!

Cons

We work hard but it is appreciated.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about the students, faculty and staff. It shows.

Sep 25, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Manager, Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate the positive feedback about the Sarasota Campus and our Vice President! We were very proud of our team and their... More

"Great Boss"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My campus Vice President Dr. Petersson heard that Publix would be getting a delivery of water today because many stores are out of water because of the hurricane so she went out and picked of water for all of the employees that could not find water. What a great boss and a really kind hearted person. It's the people like her that makes this a great place to work . Thanks Dr.P

Cons

No words at this time

Advice to Management

Continue this culture

Sep 25, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Current Employee, Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our Boca Raton Campus and Vice President. We were very proud of all of our campuses during Irma. Our team... More

"Admissions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time

Pros

Co-workers were very nice. They made the day tolerable

Cons

EVERYTHING!! A Mickey Mouse joint masquerading as an accredited university.

Advice to Management

Take some management courses and learn how to effectively lead your team of employees

Aug 17, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Former Employee,
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you liked your co-workers, we DO have an exceptional team! We wish you well in your future endeavors.

SACSCOC... More

"Worst job ever! Don't believe the 5 star rating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing good but they pay a little more than average higher ed jobs

Cons

It's by far the worse Job I currently have! The reviews are false. Trust me they are all made up by upper management to hide the truth and to boost they horrible rating. Please don't ever apply here because your life will be impacted! Worse management from top to bottom!

Advice to Management

Change the whole mamagement team and start over

Aug 3, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Current Employee (if you are truly still here),
    If you are this unhappy in your job you have two options; leave or come see me.
    And my door is always open. It's your call. We wish you the... More