Everglades University Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kristi L. Mollis

Pros
  • I can honestly say I really enjoy working at Everglades University (in 12 reviews)

• There are many Pros to working at Everglades University but the one I value the most is the fact that they value their employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate no one is safe (in 5 reviews)

• With that being said, no one wants to enroll to an unknown school for (in 5 reviews)

1. "Caring Company and Very Student Oriented"

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everglades University cares about their students and really likes to hear about what directions they take in life after graduation.

Cons

This is not really a con however the work pace can be very overwhelming at times but there is a lot to do just like other companies.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging and supporting your team. This will help them get through the stressful times and helps everyone feel better about their performance.

"Nice atmosphere and extremely professional team!"

Current Employee - Admission in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Admission in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since accepting the position at Everglades I have met a lot of great people and spoken to some wonderful students. I have learned a lot and continue to grow professionally each day. The University offers some innovative programs and I have been excited to learn about Renewable Energy and some of the unique degree features Everglades offers in our lunch and learn training sessions. For a new counselor it's been helpful!

Cons

There is a lot to learn and the training has been daily! I like my co-workers though and have enjoyed my time at EU so far! Part of the downside is the learning curve and a lot of phone calls and emails to communicate with students & follow-up.

Advice to Management

Continue the training! Would also like to visit the other campuses to meet their teams, I have spoken to many of them over the phones! I like the innovativeness of the programs we offer I believe that sets EU a part from other Universities! I have also enjoyed meeting the President, Ms. Kristi Mollis, she was great! And so is my Campus Vice President! Really all of the leaders have been wonderful, happy to be on the team!

"Kristi: Read the Reviews More Carefully!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. Really, there were none.

Cons

Horrible, depressing atmosphere. No positive motivation. No constructive criticism. ONLY knee-jerk reactions, and nobody's ideas matter unless they align perfectly with Kristi's.

Advice to Management

You responded to the review of a CURRENT employee, not a past one. It's like there is just a flat-out inability for you/EU to address shortcomings. That's why you lose people. It's not rocket science.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Students and most of staff

Cons

President Kristi Mollis, she is very demeaning and a horrible leader, Culture is horrible , the only department that matters is admissions and the admissions team is so stressed it affects the entire team, By far the worst college/university I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Support you staff, stop being a push over

Everglades University Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the President

Hello this Everglades University’s President, Kristi Mollis, responding to your comment. First thank you for your time and service at Everglades University. We are proud of our team’s longevity and ... More

"Worst experience ever!!!"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

There are no pros at all.

Cons

Don't accept any offer. If you do it, it's under your own risk. They are very unprofessional. A common staff meeting consist of yelling, threating. If you respect yourself don't go there. If you do ask why the turn over is that high.

7. "Warm Atmosphere!!"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Everglades University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This Institution is a step up from other local competing colleges with their Leadership in the Tampa location. They are very professional, yet sincere in their warm demeanor! The way they treat their Adjuncts makes one want to continue being a part of their environment. Its simply a very positive setting and enjoyable to be an Instructor there!

Cons

If I had to mention one, maybe the term or length of a course could be a little longer. But it is satisfactory. I just hate when a student has a dilemma, for example, like a health issue and is out for a week or two and they miss a lot of the course.

Advice to Management

Keep spreading the Genuine feeling of concern about your Staff and your Students!! This one great attribute helps to keeps Instructors wanting to be a part of your facility. In addition, by not sacrificing the integrity of the courses by letting students go early, helps to make these students proud and have more ownership in that they are attending an accredited institution.

8. "Current Student and Employee"

Current Employee - MBA Student in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - MBA Student in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many Pros to working at Everglades University but the one I value the most is the fact that they value their employees. I am a current student at Everglades pursuing my MBA and I am thankful for the opportunity that Everglades is giving me, tuition assistant is apart of the benefit package.

Cons

As a student of Everglades online MBA program I wish I could attend classes both at the campus and on line.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate and encourage all employee to continue the education

9. "Registrar - Boca Raton Campus"

Current Employee - Campus Registrar in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Campus Registrar in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Good Structure
    * Excellent benefit package
    * Professional, clean and safe working environment
    * Opportunities for advancement
    * Open door policy/Transparency

I must say I came to post a positive review after completing a huge accomplishment which EU was part of. I see some other posts and feel the below is warranted to write.

I was fortunate to be offered a position at Everglades University (EU) in 2013. Today, approaching my 3rd year with the university, I still feel fortunate, as well as grateful, for having being given the opportunity and being part of the EU team. What makes EU different is that they have a constant drive to be better. If you want to be part of a vision to be the best, and understand no one organization is perfect, then you will survive in any working environment thru the good and the bad as I have. Just like every working person I have had the good days and the bad days, but at the end of the day I am very happy to be where I am at with EU.

Cons

EU is an extremely fast paced environment. Because their unique academic programs are taught on a month to month basis you are constantly challenged to keep up with the pace. Team members must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and be strategic without compromising customer service and work quality.

Advice to Management

Continue to work with key departmental team members to help facilitate change.

10. "Good Place to Teach"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Tampa, FL

Pros

I have been working at Everglades University part-time (first term)

Pros

I have been only one term, but I love it. The organization has really treated me great. The Dean and all the staff have been very helpful. And the students are very easy to teach and participate during the class sessions.

Cons

Cons

None. So far everything has been great, so there are no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

None, the Dean is doing an excellent job.

"Treat your staff and faculty with RESPECT!"

Pros

Can make great connections leading to a lifetime of friendship and better opportunities!

Cons

Treat staff and faculty like there disposable
    Excessive tuition cost
    No sick leave
    Company changes their job description without letting the employee know first.
    Tells Employees they should be happy to be employed whenever forcing new unlikely admissions calls for all departments.
    Consistent changes in VP's because President Mollis treats them so bad.
    VP's are not fully ready and/or trained for the position at hand.

Advice to Management

Stop changing out staff! Learn to truly value your employees not threaten or bully staff to achieve unrealistic goals. Stop giving the big bonuses to those who do not make the campus what they are DAILY! Reward your staff and faculty! Stop making every department make admissions calls (financial aid, registrar, librarians, student services and bursar) makes no sense to write up someone for something that isn't even apart of there daily activities. Finally, no matter who many people this company hires until you learn to appreciate them for what they contribute and provide them with knowledgeable VICE PRESIDENTS who posses a vision on how to grow these campus. These poor students will continue to care less about there school and/or promoting others to join. And these staff that you care nothing about will move on to another company who will appreciate them!

The Department of Education needs to investigate and shut this school DOWN!

Because the OOP and OOC does not care about their staff and faculty! If you don't believe me simply ask them if there happy!?! I'm sure the answer will be an overwhelming NO!

Everglades University Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Executive Assistant to the President

Dear Anonymous, We appreciate your feedback and would like to respond to a few of the “Cons” you stated. First all employees are given the opportunity to succeed in addition each employee has PTO ... More